Leftovers | Pad Patter 11.20.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 20, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This I totally agree with!
    And I love to repurpose chili - chili dogs, chili fires, baked potato bar with chili....

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. bestcee

This is so common in England, and so not common anywhere I've lived. I want to adapt it though. Pies seem like an easy leftover creation! What's your favorite?

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I live on leftovers. I cook on Sunday a HUGE dinner and we eat Sunday and then I have that same meal for lunch most likely M-TU-W and hopefully TH too.

bestcee likes this.
  4. bestcee

I always split lasagna into 2 or 4 pans. Freeze 1-3, eat one. It's labor intensive, so I hate only having it one night!

Me too! I'm working on it...slowly. Like my chili post above.

It's totally not! I started cooking at home, family of 5 then grew to 8 before I moved out. I had a really rough time scaling back to cooking for just Nick and I!

Karen likes this.
  5. bestcee

I used to. But, we started microwaving it for about 30 seconds, just to melt the cheese. Then into the toaster oven or a pan on the stove to crisp the crust. It's a little harder than just microwave, but so worth it!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  6. Dalis

CHEERS to another ham/pineapple pizza lover!

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  7. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Leftovers mean that I don't have to cook! Love them.

Karen and bestcee like this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Like what’s already been mentioned, when your on your own you always have leftovers which suits me to the ground as I’m not one for wanting to cook 7 nights a week especially once I’m working.

bestcee likes this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I've tried oven, stove, microwave....and still it's just never quite as good as fresh...so I just refrain. lol

bestcee likes this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE leftovers over here. In fact, we just had a Thanksgiving feast at church and we came home with enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow night. Yay!!!

I don't know what we would do without leftovers for lunch.

Karen and bestcee like this.
  11. bestcee

Me too!!!

Although, I've graduated to pepperoni and pineapple too.

Dalis likes this.
  12. Dalis

I like pineapple with anything. I love it on my burgers and today I put it on my spicy green beans!

bestcee likes this.
  13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I eat leftovers all the time. I will make extra so that I have lunch for the next day. I mix leftover meat into a salad for lunch all the time. Making a double recipe means I only have to reheat for another dinner.

Karen likes this.
  14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm a lover- especially for my work days- I love to have leftovers for lunch because it's easy & I don't have to think about what to pack/bring.

The hubby & kids are a hard no. Unless I can fake it & make them "new again" they will not eat them.

Another good thing about our Hockey Billet player- he eats ANYTHING- including leftovers! So between the 2 of us we can get the leftovers eaten!

15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I love leftovers ... Leftovers dinner means no cooking and time for other things ...

Karen likes this.
  16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't mind leftovers but no one else in the house will eat them so I try to make less food the first time around so I don't have to eat it all myself the second time!

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

We both love leftovers,- even pasta. Leftover spaghetti (without the sauce) gets turned into one of the tastiest dishes I know, just whip 2 /3 eggs add lots of grated cheese, salt and pepper (a bit of leftover ham if you have that last slice no one ate ) mix the, leftover spagetthi with the beaten eggs a d cheese, fry slowly so it crisps ,turn and crisp the other side too...ummm. Whitehall other forms of pasta,gets turned into pasta bakes...Just add cheese LoL.
    All stews can be turned into pies,all meats to salad fillings....or fried with leftover potatoes.