Leftovers | Pad Patter 11.20.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 20, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Leftovers seem to have a pretty strong following - you love them or hate them! Not many people are in between, at least in my life. With Thanksgiving approaching next week here in America, I wondered

Are you a leftover lover? Leftover hater? Or something in between?

Me - I'm not too fond of most leftovers, unless it's pizza or Thanksgiving dinner. Mostly because pizza reheats pretty much the same as fresh. And Thanksgiving leftovers turn into sandwiches!
    Nick will eat the leftovers thank goodness. He's not too picky.

How about you?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love leftovers of most things! It means I have a lunch for the next day all ready to go! I usually try to make enough of whatever I'm cooking just so that I have some leftover. And because of DH's work schedule, he sometimes doesn't get to eat with us so he will have leftovers the next day. I made a huge pot of vegetable soup on Sunday and have been eating on it since. To me, things like veg. soup and chili are better as leftovers than they are on the first night. DS, on the other hand, does not like leftovers at all!

bestcee, LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Love leftovers!!!

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we regularly have leftovers, and turn them into other dishes. Cooked meats make great pies. Some dishes can easily be turned into pasta bakes, or even soups.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love leftovers because that means I can have something good to eat the next day at work rather than the frozen meals I stash in the freezer for when there aren't any leftovers. I also love things like lasagna that make enough leftovers for at least one more entire meal where I don't have to cook. We do a lot of fend-for-yourself on the weekends so I can get a break from cooking... so YAY for leftovers there! :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I wish I was better at this. This seems to be a skill I don't have, so good for you! :agree

Angela Toucan likes this.
  7. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I love leftovers, it means I don’t have to cook another time. I still can’t seem to cook for just the 2 of us after my girls have left home.

I would love to make more meals that I can cook once and then turn it into something else. I really only do this with meatloaf (which we don’t eat as meatloaf) but it makes really good meatloaf sandwiches with marinara and provolone cheese...then we also chop it up for meat sauce & spaghetti...yum, maybe we will have it for dinner tonight, I think I have one in the freezer!

bestcee likes this.
  8. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Oh love them - for the convenience and the next-day-better factor of some, but mostly because I get my taste set on a dish and want to eat it for every meal.

bestcee likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Leftovers are something that I will always have. Cooking for one is not easy. When I worked I would take the leftovers for my lunch Mon-Thurs (we ordered out on Friday) so I usually did the cooking on Sunday.

With my dental problems this last year, I don't have leftovers because I have such a limited diet. What I can eat I can make one meal at a time.

I actually can't wait for the time when I can have leftovers again... just wish I could eat more than soft foods right now.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

@Karen
    This is going to be dinner for today. Leftover cooked seasoned turkey from yesterday's Mexican Fajita night, mixed with an onion and 1/2 a leek in the "use me up very soon" veggies tray, witha little homemade chicken stock. Placed in a pie dish and waiting to be topped by some free-from pastry. The completed pie will be cooked in a moderate heat oven for 20-30 mins and served with seasonal vegetables
    - easy!
    DSC01632 (Small).JPG

Karen and bestcee like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love leftovers of casseroles, chili, and some soups, as well as pizza, grilled meats, etc. I love not having to cook on leftover night.

bestcee likes this.
  12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I actually hate pizza the next day....rofl

We made veggie soup on Sunday and have been enjoying it for the first part of the week, ate the last of it last night. :(

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Leftovers are awesome!!!

14. IntenseMagic

Same! I'm not big on pizza the first time, so I definitely don't eat it twice haha.

Veggie soup is one of those things that is really better on the 2nd and 3rd days!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

100% all of this. This is me. And in fact I made a pot of chili and this week - probably more for the leftovers than that first meal. It does taste better when all the flavors mesh.

I love leftovers bc it is less meal prep and cooking for me. My family though are all super picky about leftovers. I'll eat just about anything leftover, LOL.

Karen, IntenseMagic and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Add me to the no leftover pizza crowd. There is one local pizza place that I will eat their ham/pineapple pizza the next day but that is the only one.

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It totally depends on what it is. We grew up eating leftovers and so did my DH. We're not either one too crazy about eating them now. Again, depends on what it is.

18. IntenseMagic

More for us, right? :giggle

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love leftovers!!! This attitude developed when I became a person responsible for cooking for a family. Leftovers makes another meal easier. I also like having leftovers for lunch the next day.

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

We do first overs. Before I even serve the family, I make two take away bowls for our lunches next day. Then I serve the family. It helps us to portion regulate also! ♥

Karen and bestcee like this.