inside out & back to front | Pad Patter 15 Nov

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Nov 15, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm definitely morning-challenged and somedays it feels like i basically get up, make breakfast and get dressed all with my eyes still closed and it would explain how i got to the shops the other day with my shirt on inside out- in my defence, it was a solid black shirt with stamping at the neck instead of a sewn tag and that was probably hidden by my hair should anyone have seen the back of me, and what made me realise it was inside out was that the white 'how to wash, what's this shirt made of' tag was on the outside and i saw it when i went to unbuckle my seatbelt. Needless to say, i held my handbag sorta awkwardly over it and beelined for the bathrooms to turn it back in the right way before going to do what i was there for. It's not even that odd of an occurrence for me really but usually i realise before i leave home - i've worn shirts back to front for hours though!

So today's (or yesterday's belated topic really) is wardrobe malfunctions, feel free to dob in work colleagues or family members and if you've genuinely never had one, you are definitely succeeding in life!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have worn my work out pants inside out. Getting dressed early in the morning to go running can be a dangerous thing. LOL! Thankfully not many people are out and about that early.

bellbird likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

ya gotta love stretchy clothing! good on you for those early morning workouts!

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have several black garments that don't have tags - some like yours, Justine - very faint writing. I've put my pants on inside out a couple of times, but my hubby caught me before I left. It's so easy to do! Liz, I can definitely understand the pants thing. Haha

bellbird likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I can understand how it may happen, but not how the people I live with let me go out in public without noticing a shirt is inside out or a button has popped open.
    If you see someone else with an open zip or inside out shirt do you help them out?

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I collected my 5 yo son from school one day and the teacher addressed quietly me at the door. "I hope you don't mind, but we helped him remove his trousers this morning and turn them the right way out and put them back on again." The inside of the black trouser pockets are white - how did I not notice he went to school with them inside out?

michele hillam and bellbird like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i have started to think people must be so worried about themselves that they get tunnel vision and don't see others - or that if i dont see others wardrobe malfunctions that there is hope for me going unseen! but good question, i would hope my family would point things out to me! i dont know if it's a mum thing but i'll sometimes say to DD 'you can't go out like that, your shirt is longer than your shorts and it looks like you aren't wearing any pants!'

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

lol i am sure teachers see so many things and it's so nice of them to fix them on our behalf! DS's school shirt is white & doesnt get tucked in so if his pockets were hanging out, i doubt i'd notice in the mornings!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  9. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh, recently I wore a tshirt with the inside out too! I was mortified when I got home and noticed that, but thank God I only had gone to the market...not to work!

and once I wore 2 different Havaiana's (the Brazilian flip flops) like, each foot from one color/model, very different...

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

After leaving a meeting at Clara's school a few weeks ago, she asked me if my shirt had always tied in the back. Ummm... nope, just had it on backwards. It's a really flowy, dark heather grey shirt, so I don't think it was really obvious except for the tie (or at least that's what I keep telling myself).

bellbird likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:compcoffee
    i'm sure i'm gonna do this someday too with shoes - or leave the house in my fuzzy slippers and not realise!

Ferdy likes this.
  12. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I've been pretty lucky, I think - if I've gone out inside-out I don't remember it. Which, you know, isn't saying much.

My young one always wears his shirt both backwards and inside out - by choice, so I'm pretty sure it's a sensory thing. He's willing to wear it the right way when we have to go somewhere ... but honestly if he didn't want to, I wouldn't fight about it. At least the looks we'd get would be amusing :-D

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

A few times I’ve gone out with my slippers on. Luckily they were not too noticeable, being like slip on clogs, so I don’t think anyone noticed. How embarrassing lol.

14. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I have gone out in my fuzzy slippers more than once. I forgot I had them on and we got to the store my husband wanted to know if I forgot how to tie my sneakers and wore my slippers instead. I still went in. I have gotten to the car and realized they were still on and have been to lazy to change them. When I worked I wore a pair of dress pants backwards all day...elastic wasted. DH is usually pretty good about telling me when something is not quite right.

15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

My son and coworker are both guilty of this.

16. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I don’t know how to make “quotes” work, but this is from blueberries:
    My young one always wears his shirt both backwards and inside out - by choice, so I'm pretty sure it's a sensory thing. He's willing to wear it the right way when we have to go somewhere ... but honestly if he didn't want to, I wouldn't fight about it. At least the looks we'd get would be amusing :-D[/QUOTE]

I have a grandson whose life changed 180* when his mom figured out that he is ultra sensitive to clothing tags and “crisp” clothing in general. He was always angry and hyper and any other negative attribute you can think of. We didn’t like being around him! Now all he wears is soft knit, loose-fitting garments, and he has become a sweet, loving, delightful child. DDIL was a bit peeved when she was telling her mom about it. Her mom said, “OH! I’ve been dealing with your dad about that ever since we got married!” DDIL wished her mom had warned her about this gene in the family a few years before she had to figure it out on her own. None of us had ever heard of this. One of the younger boys has it, but less severely. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen the huge change from one week to another.

17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Sharron, when you're looking at the post, at the bottom you'll see the buttons EDIT POST / LIKE / QUOTATION MARKS / QUOTE POST. To quote a post, simply click QUOTE POST at the bottom of the person's post and it will open up a reply box for you to add your comment.

If you have multiple people that you want to quote in one reply, click on the QUOTATION MARKS and then when you get to the bottom of the thread, you'll have the option to INSERT QUOTES. Once you click on that, you can then confirm which posts you want to quote. Hope that helps!

18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

One malfunction included a time when I got a new dress for a business trip, and then forgot that the dress had a dickie in it. I was like, wow, this is really low cut, and tried to pin it as closed as I could. Then later on when I was going to have to wear the dress again on the trip, I put it on hesitantly only to find the dickie flopped forward. It had been under my armpit the entire night. What made this all the more horrible was that I was working on a legal team on breast implant litigation cases, and the dinner was with doctors and other attorneys. There was one doctor there who never met my eyes, and the attorney I worked for thought it was so funny, he would tell the story about his conservative secretary who let it all hang out one night. It's funny now, but then, oh boy, I was so embarrassed!

The other malfunction was getting a flippy skirt caught in my pantyhose and then tromping down the main aisle of paralegals and secretaries with the attorney offices on the other side. Thank the heavens one of my the paralegals stopped to tell me. Geez.

19. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Thanks Cheryl!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have gone to the gym to work out and noticed after I got home that my pants were on inside out. :giggle Oh geez! I wonder how many people noticed? my friend that I work out with didn't notice, so I'm guessing not too many people did. But who knows. Ha ha!

My oldest son is oblivious to this type of thing. He once wore his pants inside out AND backwards. My hubby takes the kids to school in the morning because I'm already at work, but I have no idea how nobody noticed that. He also once wore a pair of his younger brothers pants... that I had taken on of the younger brothers pile because they were too short for him! So the older one wore them and they were like 10 inches too short. He's very thin, so it's not surprising they fit, but how did he not notice a draft!?!?! :giggle That one still comes out with t-shirts on backwards occasionally.