Streaming | 11.14.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Nov 14, 2019.

1. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

We do not have cable or dish. We currently have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime with UpTv add on, and I just got Frendly so I could watch Halmark movies. All TV's have a Roku and there are free channels on there as well. I watch the TLC app on the Roku and a couple of others from time to time. When DH and DS are at work (6p to 6a) I usually have Pandora playing on the TV for the noise while I do other things. There are a few shows that DH and I watch together on his nights off. Netflix and Hulu are great for my insomnia...lol

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

We don't have Acorn but we have a free service which I forgot about called "Kanopy" which has a vast array of films including lots of the old 50s/60s foreign films. We get 10 free a month.

bestcee likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I just watch it on my phone. I don't have any tablet or TV things.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yes. We currently have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. I pay for Netflix and Prime, and my daughter pays for the others. She just shared her Disney password with me.

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We just have Prime. We stopped using Netflix a few months back after realizing we weren't really watching anything on it anymore.

We do have an antenna and can get a few local channels but ONLY use that to watch sports every once in a while.

6. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

We have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Disney+. We subscribed to YouTube Premium every now and then for a particular series. I watch mostly Youtube and occasionally a movie with my family. I do notice that when we are at my mom's house, my family will sit and watch TV alot more because she has DirecTv. But here, we can pick and choose on our own time and the TV is not on as much. :think

bestcee likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is me to a tee.

We have Amazon Prime and Netflix and just added the trial of Disney+ for the Mandalorian show. I don't think we will keep that service for long.

I just canceled my Hulu account. I got it for a year last November because it was $.99 a month and I wanted to watch The Handmaids Tale. I will probably pay for a month of Hulu again when the next season comes out, but I couldn't find anything else on there that I wanted to watch. I already can't keep up with all the shows available because I'd rather be scrapping or painting. I can sorta scrap while watching TV, but I'm not very productive and when I'm painting I can't have a show going or I don't get any painting done. :giggle

pagefrocks likes this.
  8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Most of us here aren't big tv people. DD watches a few series on Netflix, and every once in a long while the boys or I will watch a movie or an episode of something. So for 4 of the 5 of us, Netflix alone would be plenty. Oldest DS and I have free Hulu through our cell phone service, and we've never even bothered to activate it.

And then we have DH--he insists on keeping Direct TV for the sports and buys a few sports package add-ons every year. I don't even want to know how much we spend on that these days! He also watches Netflix and Amazon Prime and has talked about adding Disney+ for Star Wars and Marvel.

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We do not have cable.

We stream Netflix, Hulu+, & Disney+. I will pick up something that streams Hallmark Channel for the month of December.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I saw something advertised that does that. I don't remember what it was called, but it was cheap. Good luck!

11. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

We have Netflix through my brother, my family lives scattered across our country and we all use the same account and have profiles. He pays, so I now got Disney+ to return the favour. We're thinking about just using apps and cutting the cord on our normal cable...But most of the providers here make you get cable along side the internet.

And I'm kind of a couch potato, so I binge way too much!

bestcee likes this.
  12. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

We have no cable and just an antenna for the 4 local stations (ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS.) We trade off with my parents- we pay for Netflix and share that with them, while they have DirectTV so we used their logins for college football. We have Hulu, the upgraded one with no commercials, Amazon Prime- mostly for shipping (but we have really enjoyed Jack Ryan) and we just added the package of Disney+ and ESPN+. We do not have a DVR, but use Roku or Firesticks on most of our TVs, with a PS3 and Wii for streaming in the gameroom.
    I will add Starz for Outlander when that comes back, but I only pay for Starz during each Outlander season's live airings.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We did this with HBO for Nick. He wanted to watch Game of Thrones.

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I think there's too many options, we've had Netflix for 2_3 years maybe; in that time it's seems like free to air TV got a dozen or more new stations & there's more than any of us could ever watch on even the free channels & I still 'tape' stuff to watch at a more convenient time b/c our TV won't stream certain channels.

And guess what Courtney? I saw that new Amazon box ad, a shortened version of it on free to air during one of the news shows the other night! Feels like our regional channel went big time! (or if I were the cynical type, I might think they're desperate to increase their market share of pre-xmas orders or something ... )

15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m not a huge TV watcher in the traditional sense but will use the two main tv on demand apps in NZ on my iPad to watch a few shows here and there.