DYD 2019 Chat | Saturday Nov 16 @ 11am EST/8am PST

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by norton94, Nov 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Join Farrah and chat about DYD - whether you are a seasoned DYD scrapper, an aspiring DYD'er trying it for the first time, or even a good beginner needing to become a finisher, Farrah is going to have some tips that will help promote success. If you are a DYD pro - please drop by to help with Q&A :)

11-16 DYD Chat.jpg
    For help with time zones see HERE

Soco, umyesh, bonnenuit and 3 others like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I hope to come learn some tips!

3. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I think I can make it ...

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Setting a reminder!! Fun!

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

6. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Come join us in the chat room!

7. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Well that figures - an hour too late. Will there be a transcript, or is that not really a doable thing?

8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

sorry I missed it , it wasn't on the calendar ,never thought to check the forum threads.
    Will there be more chats over the week ???

9. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I don't have a transcript but I'm happy to continue the discussion all weekend =)

Here are some of the things we talked about and some ideas to think about, whether you're just starting out or looking for new ideas.

1- PHOTOS: Do you do a mixture of holiday photos or stick with a theme? Do you take the photos ahead of time or each day? Need inspiration? Check here: PROMPTS and PHOTO TIPS

The past few years, I've picked a theme for the photos and I take them ahead of time and on weekends since mine are pretty set up and the kids and Mike have to cooperate. This year's theme is Holiday Memes.

2- PAGES: Do you use an album template or make each page unique? What about kits? Do you mix and match or stick with elements from 1 or 2 coordinating kits? Do you make foundation pages ahead of time or scrap as you go or wait and scrap them all later? Do you use paper, digital, or a hybrid? Need inspiration? Check here: FOUNDATION PAGES and HYBRID ALBUMS

I am 100% digital and use an different album template for each year and stick with 1-2 coordinating kits usually from the DYD set or the Dec BYOC. I do not scrap ahead of time and am usually several years behind, or at least lots of pages behind in each year.

3- COVER: What does your cover look like? Need inspiration? Check here: COVER CHALLENGE

I usually do the cover last and I had been using the same cover, just swapping out the photo but I'm going to change that.

4- MOJO: Where to begin? Need inspiration? Check here: FINDING YOUR STYLE and ALBUM INSPIRATION

It doesn't matter where you begin, the key is that you must begin! LOL I start with the photos and theme but others like to start with the album pages.

We talked about more tips, but I can't recall at the moment, so hopefully others will join in for more ideas to get you started! =)

blueberries likes this.
  10. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

@FarrahJobling Thanks so much for this, I appreciate the tips. I really don't know how I'm going to pull this out of my hat (tbh it's likely to just be a month of angsty, depressive art journaling :)) but I am *determined*. :banghead

FarrahJobling likes this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

12. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

Kisses and hugs, Bart!

13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

14. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

I Kissed the Frog