Kitchen Gadgets | Pad Patter 11.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

When I think of kitchen gadgets I think of small tools to speed things up and if I'm going by that... THIS chopper is the best gadget I own currently! I hate chopping onions because I really love my onion pieces to be small and uniform, so my being picky means I take longer to chop them the way I like them... but this toy makes it SO fast and just the way i like them. I make slices and then chop chop chop and I'm done with the whole onion! Then I put the rest in a bag in the freezer for the next recipe. SOOOO much easier! I was pretty skeptical at first especially since I knew I'd have to store the thing, but it has definitely been worth it!

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

My husband.....rofl

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Ours is a toaster/convection oven. It’s on the convection setting most of the time.

It’s great for my 13 year old son to heat up his pizza, chicken nuggets, etc. He has reached that always hungry stage!

blueberries and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yep, I would say my coffee maker gets more use than anything in my kitchen :) I have a Keurig (3 of them actually) and I use it for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cider, and just when I need hot water for something.

5. IntenseMagic

The crock pot is definitely up there for me, too. I use mine all the time!
    I have thought about the over the range microwave, just have never committed. I may look in to it again.

6. IntenseMagic

Definitely!! That would make a great page!

7. IntenseMagic

Yep, Keurig would be my #1. I use it for everything - coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cider, and just when I need hot water for something.
    I really think I need a KitchenAid Mixer!

8. IntenseMagic

Slow cookers for the win on busy days for sure!
    That's about all my microwave does, minus the stuff for the birds and fish lol

bellbird likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

I don't own scales or a milk pan, but I would really like to have the milk pan. I would use it a lot I think.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

That is so great!! Ingenious idea!
    I love my dishwasher, too...it's my 13 year old son :giggle

11. IntenseMagic

I had a kettle and just recently got rid of it. I used to use it all the time and it could have ranked right up there, but anymore I just use the Keurig for hot water and tea.

KarenB likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

Ohhh I love that! And it reminded me of one of my most favorite gadgets! I have this thing and use it for all my chopping as well as shredding chicken. Definitely one of my favorite gadgets:
    chopper.JPG

Karen likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Wait...how does any liquid INSIDE the bowl not leak out???

1 Microwave but while I have a good oven, I use the microwave more. Very little baking of anything the past year+

2. Our faux Keurig - come 11am, I have two cups of coffee, 1 decaf and the other caffeinated because that's how the PSL comes. After 1 more PSL cup it will be all plain decaf. n.b these 11s are after a pot of decaf black tea starting at 06:30

14. cookingmylife

@Karen omg I may need that as I'm seeing how many IP recipes use chopped onions as a base. I think I may try doing a large batch in the Food Processor and see how that goes first. I know my eyes can't take hand chopping; slicing yes, chopping no.

Karen likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My kettle, hands down.
    One time we stayed at an air bnb in America where there wasn't a kettle and the owner said to boil water in the microwave, but that's a no go.
    Copious cups of tea means a kettle that boils quickly is a necessity.

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

The holes are on a "brim"/ring on the outside the bowl (not sure if it makes sense... Sorry, English isn't my first language). So when it's upside down in the dishwasher, there's no water left in there.

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hmmm.
    That's a tough one.
    Definitely need coffee every day. So that's probably the first thing I would keep.
    Next would probably be my instant pot, slow cooker or rice cooker. If I had to choose I would keep my instant pot first.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Lol, there's definitely been a lot of talk about kitchen gadgets lately! I would have to say the coffee maker tops the list for me since I can't live without my morning coffee! It varies as to which type it is ... was Bunn for a long time but we've scaled back on the amt. of coffee we drink lately and it's just the two of us now - so lately it has been a Keurig.

Other faves:
    -I'm also a big fan of my small convection toaster oven. I use that thing everyday and for everything.
    -Also we can't live without our Ninja for making smoothies. I have the one that is a big blender, a food processor and has 2 individual to go cups. I make the green smoothies ahead of time and pop them in the frig. Then in the AM before work, I add a little water/ice, then blend and go. Quick healthy breakfast.
    -I also second Courtney's immersion blender - I picked one up about a year or 2 ago and love it for blending soups right in the pot!

Need to get/miss having:
    -I'm probably gonna pick up an IP for black friday so that will be a new fun kitchen gadget to explore soon.
    -I'm mourning my pampered chef cheese grater - I ruined it by putting soft cheese in the thing and could not get it clean for the life of me so I tossed it. That thing was easy to use and I loved it.

20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Keruig first, rice cooker second. We cook rice about once a week, mostly for Chinese stir-fry type dishes but I have also started doing more Creole type dishes served over rice.

I do want to try making oatmeal in the rice cooker. Bet it turns out yummy. Otherwise the mixer (we have a boring one and a Kitchen Aid that belongs to my daughter). I usually use my boring one since it is lighter and easier to get out of the cupboard.