Hallmark Christmas Movies... our new tradition | Pad Patter 11.9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenevang, Nov 9, 2019.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

[​IMG]
    Sooo... they are here...

And although I'll admit they are getting cheesier and cheesier, I can't stop watching. It's like a train wreck. (at least you can totally multi-task as you watch, :giggle)

So, we are starting a new tradition: My grown sons and their girlfriends are going to start coming over on Sundays for "Hallmark Movie Sundays" starting this week. And we are making it a game!

We have a list of cheesy plotlines found in every movie and every time someone spots one... or predicts one, they get a point. The person with the most points by Christmas will win a prize TBD later and the loser will have to cook for the rest of us!

I consider the whole thing a win/win since I'll be spending time with my family!

Do you like Hallmark Christmas movies? Are you already watching? Come on... we won't judge, LOL.

corsicar, umyesh and londoncuppa like this.
  2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

What a fun idea, Jen! I do love watching cheesy Hallmark movies; especially the ones with royals governing over small, fake countries. I saw an ad this week (on my Instagram feed) for a Hallmark movie-watching sweatshirt. That would be a great prize for your game. I haven't started this year's indulgence, but it's getting to be that time.

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Hate 'em. They start airing them too early. They started the middle of October this year!

I love the mystery movies on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and can't even watch them because of the darn Christmas movies. If they didn't start them until December 1, I wouldn't have a problem with them but 2.5 months is way too long... especially when they start them before Halloween.

Not a fan because they just remind me that the worst month of the year for me is coming. SAD countdown has started.

4. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Oh... that's a great idea for a fun prize! I'm gonna google, LOL.

I'm so sorry you struggle with this season. I understand it can be difficult for some. I will say that although the cinema is pathetic, it's difficult to find movies that will "entertain" ages 12 (youngest son) to 50 (me *cough*)... which is why Hallmark Christmas for the win around here... everyone loves to mock them and I love having my children together.

I'm praying for you today, that you are given a sense of peace and joy this season that goes beyond the hype and touches your soul. I pray that the truth of the season is stamped in all of our hearts as the tinsel starts to fly.

londoncuppa likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

What a fun idea to make it a game! I haven't watched any for a really long time but I'd like to this year since we love family movie night!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am not a fan of anything cheesy at all, especially Christmas movies lol. But your idea sounds like fun!

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Thank you for your thoughts but I've had this for many years and it will not be going away any time soon. Oddly enough, when everyone else gets SAD in January, I am fine. I had 3 of 4 grandparents along with my mother all pass away in between Thanksgiving/Christmas. That's something that is never easy to get over. I also ended up putting my 2 dogs down in that time frame 4 years ago and my father who is also no longer alive had a December birthday. I would totally love to skip the month of December every single year if I could... oh to be a bear and hibernate that month ;) I no longer celebrate Christmas either. No joy in it when you don't have kids/grandkids.

8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My daughter & I love the cheesy hallmark movies- my son/hubby not so much! I love your game idea! We usually watch when the boys are at hockey or sometimes I'll have one on while I'm scrapping. I do like to record them so I can skip all the SAME commercials- that's what I hate the most is the same ads every commercial break! ;)

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Have you heard of the Deck the Hallmark podcast? They watch/"review" Hallmark Christmas movies. It's an all-ages podcast so that could be something fun to listen to after watching the movies. Or you could just listen on your commute. :)