Finders Keepers | PadPatter 11.1

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Nov 1, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Am i the only one that thinks it's a good day when i find change in the machine when i pull all the washing out ?!
    Usually there's at least a pebble or something else random in there because i don't always check pockets unless something feels unexpectedly heavy or just weird; i should know by now but i thought at some stage they'd stop stashing every random thing in their pockets. DD had an art thing earlier this week they had to collect leaves for and what do you know? she left some in one of her pockets the other day and they almost ended up mulched in the machine and then i saw this idea and man, if i'd started for DS as a toddler, i'd nearly have a lamp ready to go by now!
    [​IMG]
    But no, the money here goes into the 'spare change jar' but really if it's in the washing machine, i think the law of finders keepers applies! Have you found anything good?

KarenB and gonewiththewind like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Nope... I like you rarely check pockets... I made that mistake myself as I have a habit with a tissue in my pocket.. LOL well the dryer didn't fair too well as it looked like it snowed and the lint collector did the best it could.. LOL

Great idea with that lamp! Could you imagine! Ha Ha!

KarenB and bellbird like this.
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Ha ha! So many fun things in that lamp! I find change now and then and random slips of paper, but nothing terribly exciting. I accidentally washed DH's wallet once, and a set of his earbuds another time. Oops. :whistle The notebook paper in my Damaged Goods set is actually a piece that went through the laundry all folded up in my son's pocket. It came out with a fun soft texture and was the inspiration for the whole kit! :thumbsups

Karen and bellbird like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol! @KimJ I love that story behind your Damaged Goods! (And I hope your DH's ear buds survived! )

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Unfortunately, the earbuds were completely non-functional after their little adventure. :cry:giggle Since then I've gotten much better about checking DH's pockets if I grab stuff off the floor to wash. :agree

bellbird likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my gosh! I love that lamp idea... how cool!!!

I haven't really found anything very exciting that I can remember. I know my son's earbuds have been washed too, but I think they survived the first time anyway. We definitely have the rule, if you find money in the laundry it's yours... which I never put money in my pocket, but my hubby does all the time... so I come out ahead on that one a lot. Ha ha!

The worst thing I leave in my pockets is kleenex in the front pocket of my hoodies. I HATE that because it's nearly impossible to get that lint out and make that pocket feel the same after that. :giggle

bellbird and cfile like this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Been a long time since I've left anything in pockets to go thru the laundry cycle. When I did it was mostly change or kleenex. I would get something from the snack machine at work and put the change in my pocket then forget about it when I took them off. Since I no longer work I don't have the need for change in the pockets.

And, honestly, since I live in sweats and pajama pants, I don't have pockets to put anything in! When I do wear jeans to go out, I always have my purse with me.

The lamp is a cute idea but would have been very boring for me as a kid. It would have been empty. Mom had it easy... it was only change or kleenex in any pockets for her or dad.

bellbird likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I don't check pockets either. My most found things are: tissues, candy wrappers, and receipts.

From repeat experience -- you can wash Nintendo DS games and they still work. I think ditto for flash drives.

bellbird and KarenB like this.
  9. LadyPatsFan

LadyPatsFan New Member

I always check pockets, even if DH says he checked it before handing to me The rule in our house is, if I find money in pockets while doing laundry - it's mine. We call it my fee for doing laundry.

I have been known to hand back 20s. Under that tho, it's mine. It's how I collect change for the vending machine at work. :)

bellbird likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've found paper towels, tissue, candy wrappers, flash drives, ear buds, pencils and pens, and the most exciting of all . . . money! Usually the money belongs to my hubby or son and I make sure they get back whatever they left - unless it's trash. Ear buds and flash drives have surprisingly survived!

bellbird likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I don't check pockets either. I mostly find candy wrappers and receipts. I occasionally find money. I've only ever found one big bill and I knew whose it was and I gave it back to them since I knew it was hard-earned. I once did find earbuds...mine...and they were ruined. :disagree

bellbird likes this.
  12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I get paid to do laundry for hubby.... always find change and singles. LOL!!!!

bellbird likes this.
  13. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

No. I haven't found anything cool. Just the odd tissue which makes a huge mess in the washing! But I LOVE that jar!!!

bellbird likes this.
  14. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

:giggle I am constantly pulling lip balms out of the washing machine! My 17 year old DD's school uniforms have really deep pockets and for some reason, even if I pat them to check before doing a load, those suckers hide way, way down the bottom! Then poof, they appear at the bottom of the machine as I am shaking the skirts out! I WISH there were coins there instead but my hubby, (the only one in the fam who still uses cash regularly *gasp*) is very canny with his coins and empties his pockets into a tardis cup on the bedroom dresser :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  15. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

What's funny is my mom still does the laundry (it's one of the few chores she can easily do and refuses to give it up), so she still finds the stuff I forget to take out of my pockets - everything from jewelry to rocks to bits of paper.

And yes, absolutely finders keepers when it comes to the money. I always thought of it as payment for services rendered.

bellbird likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

bwahaha! But also good to know! I have pulled flash drives from pockets before washing though & thought 'man that's lucky' but did wonder 'what if?! ', you answered that for me!

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I always said "finders keepers" when I found money. I don't do anybody's laundry anymore, but I usually check my pockets when I do my own.

bellbird likes this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I really like your attitude & policy!

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I
    I'm amazed at how technology has fared in the wash!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It's looking statistically like ear buds have a 50/50chance in the wash - unlucky for you & of course you gave the large note back, it would have been a bit of a moral dilemma for me :giggle but I know it wasn't for you :)
    Lol at the tardis cup (but we have a tardis ?vase with a lid, in the travel momentos, trophies & stuff cabinet - it's equivalent to saying 'this is going straight to the pool room! ' if something gets put in there) & now I'm curious how the lip balm went? Still usable or sludgey streaks on clothes?

Scrapping with Liz likes this.