Fast Five: You | Pad Patter 10.29

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 29, 2019.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

1) What are you reading lately?
    I'm reading the fifth Outlander book in preparation for the fifth season premiering in February. It's a bit of a slog so far so I'm hoping it picks up soon!

2) What are you listening to lately?
    I am OB-SESS-ED with BTS this month.

3) What are you photographing lately?
    I've gotten out of the habit of taking daily photos (as opposed to event photos) so I'm trying to get back more into that type of picture-taking.

4) What's something you are loving?
    Outlander, BTS, DeLuca on "Grey's Anatomy," the fall photos I took of my kiddos this week

5) What's something you are hating?
    lots of drama going on behind the scenes that I could do without

2. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I am - and I'm hoping there isn't anything major going on here for the month, juggling both would probably do me in
    :-D
    (and thank you; it's not often I beat myself up for things I can't change, I guess I'm making up for that with the not reading guilt)

3. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

1) What are you reading lately? Nothing much right now. However in the last month I listened to books...Where the Crawdads Sing, Sunset Beach, and Maybe You Should Talk to Someone
    2) What are you listening to lately? Podcasts -- The Golden Ratio, Murders in Paradise, Ordinary People Ordinary Things, Quinn Cummings Gives Bad Advice, Five Degrees Between Us (my son and partner talk about movies), and The Way I Heard It
    3) What are you photographing lately? nothing! Really need to be taking more photos
    4) What's something you are loving? Seeing my daughter at least once a week now that she has moved back to the area.
    5) What's something you are hating? Cold rainy weather...but it's going to be sunny again soon.

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

It's full of conspiracy theory and mystery and suspense! And emotion!

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1) What are you reading lately? Nothing. I do have one book that I take when I go somewhere and have to wait. Might finish it someday. "From Elvis to Elvira: My Life on Stage" by Richard Sterban of the Oak Ridge Boys.
    2) What are you listening to lately? Whatever is on my tv. I rarely watch but have it on for background noise. If I do listen to music it is always Home Free.
    3) What are you photographing lately? Lots of fall color. Need to go take photos of the football stadium right down the street. It is being torn down and a new, even better one being built. This is the football field that I marched with the band at football games and my Dad played football in during his high school years. The stands are the same ones (with some improvements) that I sat in when I was little with my parents who had had season tickets. So a part of my life will be going away. I like to document changes like this in my scrapping.
    4) What's something you are loving? @bestcee Thanks to your song title challenge, I got back into scrapping. I'm loving it again!
    5) What's something you are hating? Winter is coming. Today's weather isn't helping... cold and rainy.

6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I love the way you are so involved with Mathew's education, for what I have seen in these past (what 5? 6 ?) years, he is going to be an amazing guy :) there will be one very lucky girl in the future who'll marry him!!!!
    When I had the operations failing, Sarita was 6.... it was terrible that I lost a job that allowed me to live in a very comfortable way, and that granted professional respect....so the change was like a bucket of iced water thrown at me....but, like we say in Brazil, God writes straight in twisted lines.....
    ...if the operations didn't fail, I would have maybe not had all the time I had to be involved in Sarita's education as much, so I am grateful for having been able to give a solid base ... also my mum was here for almost a year, which gave them both the strong bond they have :)
    I wanted to foster.... but every time I decide to get organised for that, something else happens and my doctor says : bed rest- ... anyway, I m getting our of topic ( I didn't sleep last night and only got 3 hours the day before.....confused and more emotional than usual LOL)
    Huggzzz

bestcee likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh , Cortney, the Spice Cafe Trilogy is by an American writer we have known for years, we used to blog in the same site, made a great friendship with many people there and she came here with her husband and we met with some other friends from there too.... is her first faction work, she has written amazing factual books.... when she started with the Spice Cafe trilogy, she asked is we mind , she was thinking about making the 2 main characters Cynthia & Sarita, Brazilian/Texan mum & daughter...of course we were delighted and said yes. She made me the way I always wanted to be: Tall and with LOTS of money LOLOLLOL
    The book happens in the Queen Mary ship that is docked, I think California? and is a hotel and restaurant,the ship is real, took soldiers to WWII, can't remember how long it has been made a hotel and restaurants.... anyway, is interesting work of fiction....the first one is called Cooking for Ghosts, I am quite sure you can read for very little on Kindle... :)

bestcee likes this.
  8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

paperwork in preparation for filling out an important medical form
    the kids learning to play Disney songs on their various instruments
    craft projects
    having the kids off school for the week
    not getting enough sleep

bestcee likes this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

1) What are you reading lately? I recently finished State of Lies, written by my friend Siri Mitchell. It's fun because it takes place in Arlington, VA, so I could see the places she talked about while I was reading it.

2) What are you listening to lately? My Mother's Hymnbook by Johnny Cash. I just got it at Cracker Barrel this past weekend (LOVE Cracker Barrel!!!)

3) What are you photographing lately? I was just at Colonial Williamsburg and Virginia Beach this past weekend, so I've pics of that. Otherwise, it's ideas for flooring & lights for the big renovation we'll be starting within a week or so at our house.

4) What's something you are loving? My husband. We've been going through a tough stretch within our little family and he's been a rock when I start falling apart.

5) What's something you are hating? Fall, because it means that Winter is coming. I'm still lamenting that Summer is over! Also being gluten-intolerant. I could really sink my teeth into a warm cinnamon bun right about now!

kimingvtx likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1) What are you reading lately? The Hangman's Daughter for my IRL bookclub.

2) What are you listening to lately? The Last Days of Night for the TLP bookclub. :giggle I also found good playlist on Amazon Prime Music last night that was just pop music, but lots of news songs that I hadn't heard yet, so that was fun!

3) What are you photographing lately? Lots of random things lately... for instance the last handful of pictures on my phone includes a picture of the pile of towels and underwear on my boys' bathroom floor (which I texted to them), a picture of the new "Let's Make Art" subscription box that came in the mail yesterday, a dead plant (that I texted to my horticulturist sister to make her cringe) and a picture of the bit of left over chocolate chip cookie dough in the bowl that I texted to my oldest son (made him come running).

4) What's something you are loving? That I get to have a weekend of scrapping with a friend this weekend.

5) What's something you are hating? That it's going to be raining and super cold for the poor little trick or treater kids tonight.

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Flawless by Heather Graham. I love all her books.

I've been listening to podcasts about diet (keto/paleo) and putting on youtube vids while I scrap but not watching, only listening.

Birds and squirrels (and of course Taz). I love sitting out on the deck stairs for a few minutes in the early morning and photograph the birds in our garden. This is the best time before the sun gets higher in the sky and the light can get too harsh. I sit out there in my jammies, getting some fresh air and having fun watching and photographing them.

Boots - it's now sweater weather here and I've started wearing my short boots with my skinny jeans tucked into them.

The loss of daylight hours. The time change is this wkend so we'll lose an hr of sunlight. I'm glad to hear that there is a good chance this will be the last time change for Canada if the legistrature approves it this week (but it won't come into effect until next year).

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Passage to India by E.M. Foster - Love the insight into the British and Indian cultures. So far I'm only about a 1/4 of the way through.
    2) What are you listening to lately? My kids practicing all of their Christmas music - I love it!
    3) What are you photographing lately? My fam - they keep me busy.
    4) What's something you are loving? The leaves falling outside. Although I don't like that it signifies that winter is coming.
    5) What's something you are hating? Winter coming. LOL

13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

1) What are you reading lately? - Small Doses by Amanda Seales
    2) What are you listening to lately?- Mostly spooky podcasts
    3) What are you photographing lately? - Not much these days
    4) What's something you are loving? - Scrap time after a long week at work
    5) What's something you are hating? - That we already are getting snow here in Michigan

14. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

1) What are you reading lately? A book about song birds called "Where Song Began"
    2) What are you listening to lately? Russian rock music. (I am trying to learn russian)
    3) What are you photographing lately? All the nature around me.
    4) What's something you are loving? Sewing classes I started earlier this week. Can't wait to start quilting....
    5) What's something you are hating? The weather warming up. It promises to be a really hot Summer. NO!

15. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

1) What are you reading lately? Carrot Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke
    2) What are you listening to lately? Sports radio, especially Seahawks Pre game Show
    3) What are you photographing lately? Foliage and shriveled flowers on my morning walk.
    4) What's something you are loving? Flannel sheets and 4 blankets on the bed.
    5) What's something you are hating? 33 degree mornings.

16. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

1) What are you reading lately? I read a lot! I'm always reading at least one book and I get some reading in daily. I don't have any particular genre I read. Right now I'm reading an Amazon First. I can't remember the title/author.
    2) What are you listening to lately? The radio and screaming kids. "Mom, mom, mom ...moooooooommmmmmmm" ;)
    3) What are you photographing lately? A combination of my boys, my remodel project and some other photography I'm doing to create artwork for our new space.
    4) What's something you are loving? The weekend!!! lol
    5) What's something you are hating? All of the crap that keeps breaking my house. Please send me some good homeowner juju! ... In the last month, we've had our oven, furnace and garbage disposal go out and I've needed to call a plumber and electrician .. if I go back a couple months, we've had to replace two toilets. I'm over it.

17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I love these posts and will have to go back and read more here later today.

1) What are you reading lately? Just finished some 'cozy' novels set in England betwixt the World Wars. Challenging times for women but still enjoyable. Now I'm reading a much more serious book Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood which was recommended by a friend/8th grade teacher who also has a 14 year old. She suggested I give it to my daughter after I read it to understand my granddaughter. But no way would I suggest to my daughter that she could use some parenting advice!!! she bitches about enough as it is.

2) What are you listening to lately? A lot of quiet as Dick is in Florida with his bicycle. It's that good silence when no one will be asking/interrupting/wanting something from me. A week of that is a real gift.

3) What are you photographing lately? Not much..we have yet to have a real fall look round here and I think the leaves will mostly hang out til December. Dried up green leaves.

4) What's something you are loving? See #2 which gives me the ability to work through some clean out projects and live in chaos for a couple of days while I go through that. ALSO, I'm loving my new car!! Hyundai Kona SEL - first automatic since 1975. It also has all the bells & whistles like useable cup holders and GPS! I'm into the 21st century!

5) What's something you are hating? Nothing in particular but I'm looking at our house (a 1910 one) and seeing all the things that were neglected in the year of cancer and realizing it's almost 20 years since we renovated. Shabby w/o the chic I'd say.