Monthly Muse Oct 19' Week 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello my lovelies, apologies for the delay in posting, I had a hard time these past few days, but here we are.... our last week of October!!!!

For this week, I would like you to make a page showing the two (or 3 or as many as you think there are) sides of you THIS MONTH.

To do/express this, you can go for colors, word art, elements, paints. photos (of you or something that express the feelings) or you can go for all of it and more....
    Find what you feel comfortable with to show us how this month looked (still looks!) for you
    You can do journaling too, and, if you would like to, maybe share with us what your page means!
    In my case, there are many sides of me this month.... with the slightly more uncertain, scary and most definitely grayer taking over.... if you know me you know most of the time I am hugely positive... still am right now but so much going on, the yellow (which I associate with no good, maybe due to, after years as a performer, the stage superstition of wearing the color or having it in set design meaning bad luck, if I remember well I think it was because Moliere died of Yellow Fever...but not sure, my brain is fried right now LOL)
    Anyway, we keep fighting, hoping, trying to keep both faith and hope strong, and being grateful for the Simple Abundance of everyday !
    Here is my page:

[​IMG]

So, show me how your October is looking like, and if you would like to, share with us by writing what is the meaning of your page, what things in the composition mean to you or even just a general meaning not getting deep into it if you don't feel comfortable.
    If you do so, you can do it here in the thread, but please also include to the page description in your gallery, in case the people viewing it haven't seen this thread.... I love how we learn from each other and the conversation that goes on always makes me learn and fills my heart with joy, even when we share sad things.... this community is blessed with huge talent, not just in the pages being amazing visually, but with high quality of people in all ways possible!!!
    :goldstars
    I'm looking forward to seeing how your month has you feeling!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

Ga_L, AJK, blueberries and 1 other person like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

there's only one side of me that I'm aware of.

fun page Cynthia.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Getting right onto it, Cynthia! @MrsPeel

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

then you make whatever you want inspired in that side of you!!!!
    I am more talking about the feelings we had during the month.... but also, the Muse is exactly what a Muse is: Inspiration (like you well said to me in our conversations!!!) is to get inspired... you can scrap a straight/traditional page with photos of events that happen in the past few weeks.... anything you want that is happening in October... again, like you well said, is supposed to be fun or pleasurale, not stressing us
    Love you!!!!!

yay!!!! can't wait to see!!!!!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

6. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Going thru a bad period right now - my husband passed away at end of September. October has been like a dark tunnel - with a few rays of sunshine but definitely light at the end.
    I've used the goose image from "Poet's Song" by Rebecca McMeen on all 4 of my ATC's this month and really like the symbolism. I tried to make this one look like you are seeing it from the back - the goose is looking toward the light.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, flowersgal and A-M like this.
  7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm SO sorry to hear of this. Sending you lots of love and cyber hugs.

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a wonderful challenge, Cynthia. @MrsPeel - I really need to think on this one - I hope you're doing a little bit better by this almost the end of the month. I love you, My Sister!!! :bk:bk:bk:bk:bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@Pups_r_Paps - I am sorry for your loss. Your art can be a good outlet for you and help heal. Keep doing what you have been doing. Praying for your transition to the new normal...

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

[​IMG]

My best friend/brother did a few months back and the struggle has been harder than I imagined. As a result,it has affected everything in my life it appears. My body and my mind are having a rough time adjusting. This was very cathartic.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's mine for this fourth week :

[​IMG]

I tried to show 2 feelings : the joy (orange color + flower) VS the pain, anxiety (blue color, the words)

thank you very much this month inspiration Cynthia @MrsPeel

MrsPeel, blueberries and flowersgal like this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@sharonb So sorry for this for you. Sending comfort prayers your way.

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I can't thank you enough for this challenge and for being here and inspiring me more you'll ever know. @MrsPeel
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, blueberries and AJK like this.
  16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Thought This Was A Very Interesting Challenge This Week...I Wasn't Exactly Certain How I Was Gonna Convey My Thoughts...One Vs.The Other...I Decided To Create A Layout That Depicts The Things That Are Going On In My Life/My Mind/My Heart/My Brain...By The Words Both Meaning The Positive & The Negative Depending On The Moment Or Situation...Sad Vs.Happy...That Pretty Much Denotes My Everyday...For Example:Nailed It Vs. Didn't Nail It...Positive Vs.Negative...Reality Vs.Non-Reality...Passion Vs. No Passion...I Think You Get Where I'm Going...Like If I'm Having A Really Bad Anxiety Day-Perhaps My "Courage" To "Overcome" That Sadness In That Moment May Not Appear As It Should To Help Me...So No Courage In That Moment...So A Larger Mental/Physical Struggle Ensues To Try To Overcome That Downward Spiral...Negativity Vs.Positivity...To Overcome Vs. Not To Overcome...Hope This Makes Sense...Everything In This Layout Has A Purpose...& Says Something About Me...One Example:The Bee:Feel The Fear:I'm Deathly Allergic & Afraid Of Bees:One Sting:Bad News...The Life Preserver:She Overcame-Denoting How The Paramedics Saved My Life-Preserved My Life:By Getting Here Within 15 Minutes...Or I Would Have Died...Well Technically I Did Die...But I Wouldn't Have Survived Without Them...

I'm Sure You Don't Want/Need Me To Explain Every Detail Of Each Element I Chose...But You Get The Idea...I Will Leave The Rest Open To Interpretation By Each Or Any Of You Who Chose To Look/Read Or Comment...Thanks In Advance!...To Those Of You Who Stop & Take The Time To Read My Description...Appreciate It...

*For My Mind Over Matter Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-M3-August 2019/October 2019/February 2019/July 2019/June 2019/March 2019/May 2019-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynne-Marie/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    MrsPeel and blueberries like this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

18. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Man, my initial ideas for this were all over the place - everything from pages in a notebook to a riff on a 20-sided die (and whew am I grateful I could shoot down that idea. I love it, in theory, but the execution would be a nightmare.) Doesn't help that there's just been so damn much this month. I couldn't even decide how many sides to use.

But time is ticking away, and starting tomorrow (or midnight tonight, more likely) I'm going to be hip deep in Word for the next 30 days. It was either get something done or blow the month.

So here it is. I don't love it. Don't hate it either, which, always a good thing, but I just don't have more time to spend on it. I was able to hit the two main sides - ruin and rising from it - and I was able to use my very favorite lil bee. I'll count it as a win.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, wvsandy and Cherylndesigns like this.
  19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@blueberries - I LIKE it! I especially like your perspective. This month of October has been deeply painful for me- each week had promises for the sky to break open and relief to come, but it just got so much more difficult. So I can relate and your page is encouraging!

MrsPeel and blueberries like this.
  20. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

You know it seems like so many of us have been taking massive hits recently - long term relationships tanking, death, illness - and I think we're all reeling right about now.

I swear I've been holding on to hope, to faith, with such a tight grip for so long now I don't know if I'll be able to unclench my hands any time soon.

But here's to brighter days for us all. Sending you some sunshine and clear skies, and my hopes that you get the relief you need.

MrsPeel likes this.