What's up? | Pad Patter 10.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 20, 2019.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Ugh! Hope you start feeling better soon. And nothing's worse than feeling poorly and having to deal with medical paperwork!

You have a FULL plate! I hope you do make plenty of time to rest in between all this!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh! I love those sweats and the sweatshirt! I've been looking for something soft and comfy!!
    Thanks for sharing the great technology! That hub is awesome!!

busywoman139 likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

Thanks, Karen! I did hear at the end of the day that the one who was critical has made a little improvement! It was a rather solemn day today.
    Aaron bought a hot spot thing that will give him better connectivity while he's gone, so hopefully we'll be able to message from time to time. I'm grateful for technology!!

Karen and busywoman139 like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
    What a cool school trip! Hope TJ had a blast! I wish we had a 1/2 term break haha I could use a week off :)
    Good luck with your medical paperwork and your bible study groups, and I hope you get some crafting in between all the work!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so sorry about your students, Jan. And your son leaving can't be easy. No wonder you're not feeling chatty.

I'm kinda having a blah Monday. My DD and GS and I had such a fun weekend and today is "Monday Letdown Day".

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Jan - so sorry to hear of the accident with your students, what a terrible thing. Hope they both pull through.

It's raining heavily today so other than walking Taz, I'm staying indoors. I'm doing desk work, watching Bold & Beautiful in the background (was 5 episodes behind) and going back and forth online. I like watching B&B and General Hospital on my laptop while I do my desk work on my PC. Soaps don't require full attention and I don't need to listen to all conversations to know what's going on so its easy for me to keep up while I work. Later, I'll make some keto friendly tuna/cheese melt muffin cups that I'll freeze for lunches and snacks. I'll bring a few for Bailey and I tomorrow as I'll be taking her over to her new care home tomorrow and will spend the day with her.

So, not much going on and I'm glad to have a quiet day.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

Thanks, Cheryl!
    Glad to hear you had a great weekend! Monday letdown days are a drag!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Thanks, Rae! One is expected to be fine and we got news the other made some improvement, but not totally out of the woods yet.
    I was a huge GH fan back when I was in college, in the days of Frisco and Felicia in the late 80's lol. I haven't watched for many years.
    Oooh the tuna/cheese melt muffin cups sound so good!! Hope you have a wonderful day with Bailey tomorrow!!

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It's been hellacious recently, thanks for asking. :disagree

My grandfather passed away last Friday which was not unexpected but still devastating. We were on "death watch" all week which was also awful. At the same time, my daughter got the plague and missed 3 days of school so coordinating my work schedule with watching her was interesting. Fall Break was Thursday, Friday, and Monday & the kids and I had tons of plans so we ran around all weekend. We found out Friday night that my son is likely allergic to hay as he had what seemed to be an asthma attack at the pumpkin patch. Both kids were up all night coughing; I went to sleep around 4 am after being up with both of them.

Someone passed away at the church where I work so I am working on those arrangements all this week which doesn't feel great since I'm still mourning my grandfather. I'm (mostly) alone in the office the next two days, and then my parents are leaving for a month-long vacation Wednesday.

Things could be worse... but they could also be a whole lot better.

On the upside, I got to meet a scrap friend of mine Sunday and, more importantly, my daughter & her son got to meet for the first time after being penpals & Roblox buddies for the last 18 months, we have Table Group (church group) tomorrow which is always good, and I am about to start reading the fifth Outlander book & Jamie always makes me feel better.

BevG likes this.
  10. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Hi Cheryl! I edit papers for scientific and medical journals. Lots of my clients are scientists from China and other Asian countries who do amazing research but need a little help polishing their English. It's a rewarding job because I get to meet and help scientists from around the world, but I have to be very careful about my posture and ergonomics because I spend A LOT of time at the keyboard. Depending on the the manuscript, it can take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days to get it into good shape!

11. IntenseMagic

So sorry, LeeAndra!! I know how "death watch" goes :(
    Hope the kids are feeling better now!
    I really hope that you have some good things coming your way soon! You certainly deserve it! Glad you've had a few joys in with the sorrow.

12. IntenseMagic

What a cool job! I'm sure it's tiring spending so much time at the computer, but I bet you get to read some really interesting stuff!

Christina W likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Started back to the Early Voting work. It is slow but money is always good. Looking forward to the Halloween Bash, always a fun time, although I will be out most of Saturday.

I am not big into Halloween but I love this siggie, so here we go!

Christina W likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

Wow! That sounds so interesting!

Christina W likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

I'm looking forward to the Halloween Bash as well!! I'm hoping to have a whole weekend at home with nothing to do! That siggie is so super cute!

16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I've been out of town and we're getting ready for a big renovation, so I've been away!

I think I've finished something like 24 digi albums, but I've about 18 in progress. I'll never catch up!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

That's so awesome! You are WAY ahead of most people, you know, even most regular scrappers!

QuiltyMom likes this.