Lightroom Presets

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by krscraps, Jul 5, 2018.

1. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Hello,

I think I'm going to delve into editing my photos in Lightroom. I've been using RadLab for all my editing, but I also want to start shooting in RAW. Does anyone who edits in Lightroom use presets?

If so, what do you recommend?

Or should I just stick with Radlab.

Thanks!

2. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I use presets but I have found most aren't worth the money. I have been liking KSP (Kevin + Stephanie) and the Smal sets are very popular. I have a bunch that are good enough but at times hard to use. What look are you wanting to achieve? I have never used RadLab.

3. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Kim Klassen has a bunch of presets for Lightroom

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I use specific presets that I got from a local photography instructor. So they are things like "whiten teeth", "smooth skin", "remove eyeglasses glare", etc. that you use with the Adjustment Brush (i.e. you paint them onto the areas you want). All things you could do manually, but they adjust the right controls the right amount.

You can also create and save your own presets, i.e. fixes you always like to do.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Your question made me smile. Um, I use Totally Rad Lightroom presets....
    Made by the Radlab people......

I love the black and white ones from Totally Rad because I'm too lazy to adjust black and white on my own.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

7. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

OMG I love presets. I spent years learning how to shoot, how to edit manually in PS and LR, etc - but once I started to shoot consistently and get good results in camera my editing needs became simpler. Around that same time I really identified the style of edit I liked, which is clean with film-quality contrast. I networked around in the photography world (and mentored with a photog I loved) and was led to VSCO presets. I use the Kodak Portra 800 almost exclusively. It works well for me as Canon tends to shoot a bit red and this really knocks that out and leaves images feeling clean and crisp (at least I think so!!). This is the pack that has the presets I use most:

https://shop.vsco.co/store/vsco/en_US/pd/productID.5168104200

I've also used Rad Lab in the past, but once I moved to the VSCO 4 years ago I haven't had any desire to change anything!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

9. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

11. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

12. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I love presets, I have a few favorites I use. Some I got for free and others I've made on my own. I also REALLY love the adjustment brush tool - I have loads of effects I use. It's a total LR game-changer IMO. I edit every photo in LR. Sometimes I will finish off in PS, but 90% of my edits are in LR.