Hi All...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by CathQuillScrap, Oct 11, 2019.

1. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

I am excited to be here to have taken the plunge with three challenge layouts already for October. Trying my hand at scrapping on the pc in photoscape (lightbulb moment today!). Sure hope I can follow the rules and do things right with the links and stuff.

Just a slight intro... I live in Jhb, South Africa. Have been paper scrapping since 2003 and now that I've run out of shelf space, I've decided to go digi. Been playing with the PL App for the last year but want to broaden my horizons a bit too. I find challenges are great for learning lots of new skills.

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Welcome! If you like challenges because they help you learn new skills, be sure to check out the technique slow scraps! There's usually at least one on the calendar each month. Welcome again!

CathQuillScrap likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hello and welcome to TLP! I saw your first page in the gallery - so glad you've introduced yourself here in the forums. There is a ton of info in the scrapping pad and the learning pad. There are a few people who use the PL app to scrap, so maybe you can find some inspiration here (if you decide to keep using it).

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi and welcome to TLP! The challenges here will definitely help to get your creativity going and you'll find lots of inspiration in the gallery. Be sure to ask questions when you have them. There is always someone around who'll try to help out.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi @CathQuillScrap and welcome to The Lilypad!

So excited to see you joining in on the monthly challenges! I'm not sure if you saw this, but there are great rewards for completing them. You can earn up to 30% off AND you are entered into a chance to win a $50 gift certificate!

TLPChallengesOct19.jpg

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have as we are all sharing, learning and growing together. Again, welcome!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello and welcome to TLP!! You'll love it here!

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to the pad!! So glad you are here with us!! Let us know if we can help in any way!!

8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome, and I agree, challenges help expand ones scraping skills. I love those “aha” moments when I discover a new way to scrap when doing a challenge page.

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome and I hope you settle in and enjoy being here. Do not hesitate to ask for any help you may need.

10. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Welcome! You'll love it here! So much to see, do, and learn!

11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Cath, and welcome to the Lilypad! I saw your page for my date challenge - you are mastering digi very quickly!! So glad you jumped right in! We're a friendly bunch here.

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Welcome Cathy - lovely to see that you have joined the digi world (finally!)
    This is a safe and happy place to hang out and ask questions if you have any.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hello and welcome! I totally know what you mean about running out of shelf space with traditional scrapbooks! I did that same thing! I had a hard time find shelves that were even big enough for my big 12x12 albums!!! I love that you're already jumping into the challenge too! :agree

14. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Welcome!!! I have loved making the change from paper to digi (about 10 years ago)!
    Enjoy your time here and if you are ever unsure about something just ask!! This is an amazing group of people with a huge information base!!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome to TLP, Cathy! I love the international mix we have here! I'm in Australia and I think timezone-wise we'd crossover so if you need a hand with anything specific here you can tag me (just type @bellbird and i'll get a notification - or similarly type @ and any specific username to tag them (like a challenge host if you have questions for them etc) So do you know Stefanie? @Eyeore
    - the 'finally' bit in her comment makes me think you may have been 'nudged' towards going digi for quite some time! :giggle

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi!! Welcome to The Lilypad!! Glad to have you here!

17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@bellbird Cathy and I moved in the same paper scrapbooking cyber circles a while back.

bellbird likes this.
  18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

CAth, welcome to the Pad!

19. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Hi and welcome to The Lilypad!

20. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hello and welcome to the Pad!! So glad that you took the plunge...if you have any questions, ask away - there's always someone around willing to help you out!!