Scrap life / Pad Patter 11 Oct

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Oct 10, 2019.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Christa, we will have to celebrate on our milestone # of layouts! I can't even imagine 3000, you are the scrapping queen! (along with Cynthia, of course). :-)

bellbird and cfile like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Asolutely we need to celebrate!

bellbird, Iowan and mcurtt like this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Your mother doesn't take photos anymore at family gatherings or celebrations because she knows you will & then you can just send prints off to CVS for her so she can scrap them in her traditional scrapbooks!

bellbird likes this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

You know you are a scrapbooker when your granddaughter dedicates her 8th grade memory book to you and calls you a “professional scrapbooker” in the dedication!
    Also, you know when you always have a folder of photos on the computer desktop labeled “to be scrapped”.

bellbird and cfile like this.
  5. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

You know you're a scrapbooker when...your kids roll their eyes at you when the camera comes out, but then cooperate anyway. I mean not ALWAYS but, the majority of the time :)

bellbird likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

You know you’re a scrapper when...

You wish you could do control z to things in real life, or recolor your gray hair with a photoshop touch up instead of scheduling a cut and color at the salon.

Coreen, bellbird and LynnG like this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

You know you are a scrapbooker when ....you look at a wall,and say: what a cool texture

bellbird and LynnG like this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

absolutely!
    i often think about 'how will these pics work in pocket grids'? have i got enough portrait vs. landscape etc
    :photo
    oh yep, kit first! ...i may have re-packed what after the kids packed for themselves and i thought their clothes 'clashed' with the kit i already had in mind:whistle...

bonnenuit likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

bwahaha i wish i had thought to do this with DS, whose first tooth pic i still haven't srapped because he was in superhero pj's and i just couldn't make it work with all the tooth fairy kits!
    my fam often says 'scrap that!' when somethings's weird or funny to them but i don't think there is such a thing as a 'strange picture' to scrapbookers! i only become aware of taking 'strange pictures' when i notice others looking at me funny, it happens travelling a fair bit because their 'normal' is interesting to me, but they don't take pictures of their everyday so someone taking photos of it especially with a DSLR at an odd (read: creative!) angle catches their attention!

Karen likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

bwahaha but yep totally! @LynnG

Karen and LynnG like this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOL! i love the visual of you laying there counting layouts jumping over a fence in a grassy pasture! And way to go! I made it to 100 as well barely this week -i know cricket players have some special recognition thing for batting a century, i have no idea if there's a scrap equivalent but i bestow on you a shower of virtual confetti (eco friendly but digi scrap appropriate!)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Karen and mcurtt like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

This is how every page starts right?! ;-)
    LOL the first few times the fam saw me doing 'where i stand' pics, they said 'why do you need another picture of those same shoes!?' :giggle my sister was taking them before me so i just said i was taking them to show her and they got in on the act too!

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

so true!!

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

it really does change how we see the world, right?! i study interior design and furniture catalogues in ways other people don't understand, because they barely glance at them and i probably would have been the same before!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

it's all about story!
    lol you are so fortunate to have cooperative subjects! And mine just assume the pages will be done in about 6mths because they're so used to the upside down seasonal aspect with me usually scrapping summer during our winter etc

umyesh likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

you have trained them well!
    it's true!

17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

That visual is amazing! It makes me want to go create a confetti balloon haha

bellbird likes this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i do wonder why they bother taking photos sometimes - like in 30 years will they look back at it if it's on a phone that died and they never printed it and can't remember the details of the story/event because they don't scrap?! maybe that's why people facebook all their coffee photos, so they remember the details of each one?!? (i probably don't understand people's social media use in much the same way they don't understand the whole scrap thing!)

19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

You know you're a scrapbooker when you do a double take at a font, or recognise a font in real life.

bellbird likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol no actually I don't know what this is like anymore