Rachel Jefferies Oct. 2019 Mixed Media Challenge + Sept. Winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by jaye, Oct 9, 2019.

1. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Hi everyone, jaye here with this month's challenge for Rachel. Hope you are all recovered from an amazing DSD!!

Here are the winners from September's Challenge

Thank you so much for playing along in the September challenge! It was inspirational to see all the different ways you incorporated Lisa's instructions into your own creative page

The winners drawn at random are . . . .
    $10 coupon goes to Thuria
    $6 coupon goes to RJMJ

Congratulations ladies!! We will get you those coupons ASAP.

On to October!

Here in the Northern Hemisphere, we are getting ready for Fall and the Southern Hemisphere is welcoming Spring. If you are in the Northern Hemisphere (north of the Equator) I want you to scrap the top half of your page, Southern Hemisphere (south of the Equator) folks you will scrap on the bottom half of your page. There is no theme, where you live just determines if you are scrapping the top part of your page or the bottom.

October is also the tenth month of the year so the twist for this challenge is that you can only use 10 items on your page. You can use any combination you like but, there can only be 10 items in total. For example, 2 photos, 1 paper, 7 elements or 1 photo, 1 paper, 8 elements or 4 photos, 2 papers and 4 elements. You get the idea. Keep in mind that two identical items will still count as two and journaling will count as one.

Here is my combination: 1 photo | 2 papers (blended) | 2 flowers | 1 ric rac | 1 foliage | 1 splatter | 1 stamp | 1 frame

Created using Silent Battles: Exhaustion | Silent Battles: Stress | Silent Battles: Grief | Silent Battles: Negative Thoughts

[​IMG]

some further examples for you:
    from Marilyn
    Rachel-Jefferies_2019-10_October_Challenge_web.jpg
    Northern Hemisphere (top of page) |1 paper, 1 photo, 1 paint, 1 messy threads, 1 paper bit, 1 tape, 2 word art, 1 star, 1 journaling block.

from Tammy
    [​IMG]
    Northern Hemisphere (top of page) | 1 paper, 2 wordart, 1 stitching, 1 word strip, 1 border, 1 flower, and 3 paints/brushesandstuff

from Sherly
    190829_ls_ftrt.jpg
    Northern Hemisphere (top) | 1 paper, 1 paint, 1 scattered element, 1 buttoned card, 1 photo, 1 twig, 1 stitch, 1 photo, 1 word strip and a journaling.

from Cindy

Northern Hemisphere (top) | 1 paper, 1 card, 1 butterfly, 1 flower, 1 branch with leaves, 1 word art, 1 heart, 1 gesso, 1 paint transfer, 1 scribble
    01.jpg
    from Rachel
    rjefferies-mmc-1019-weeee.jpg
    Northern Hemisphere (top) | 1 background paper, 1 photo, 1 pair of brackets (one element in the Kit), 1 blue painted paper piece, 1 washi tape, 1 messy thread, 1 monochrome paper piece element, 1 scallop stamp element, 1 title using the alpha and 1 word art journal prompt.

· Where possible challenge layouts must use 100% of Rachel Jefferies Designs currently available in the TLP store (Collaborations including my Mixed Media Monthly Subscription Kits and Add Ons are also ok!). The exception to this is retired products that were previously for sale at TLP which can be used. A few elements here or there from other products that were previously available prior to Rachel's retirement or freebies may also be used.

· Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP.

· For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST reply to this thread with your finished layout. Please link your thread layout to your gallery.

· I'd like to see brand new pages, so no double-dipping with other challenges :).

· The challenge will be open through October 31st at which time a random participant will win a $10 coupon to Rachel's shop. The winner will be announced when November’s challenge is posted.

New Release bonus entries
    It feels great to scrap with fresh new releases, if you are scrapping with a product released during October 2019 (either a new release or a SOSN release) you'll get yourself a bonus entry for another chance to win a coupon should you not be the $10 coupon winner. One winner from the bonus entries will be picked from random to win a $6 coupon to Rachel's shop.

**It would be helpful when posting your page in this thread that you note you are eligible for the New Release Bonus Entry. Please post which October 2019 New Release (or Oct. SOSN release) you used. This would make it faster for me cross checking all the entries when making the random draw for winners!

Any questions just ask @jaye and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Have fun, enjoy and I can't wait to see what you create!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My 10: paper, photo, transfer, tag, cloud, journal prompt, foliage 1,2,3 & 4. I live in Northern Hemisphere.
    [​IMG]

jaye likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

4. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I have a question . . . how do I know the date something was released? I did purchase several items during DSD, but I can't tell what was released in October vs. September?

5. jaye

@pagefrocks Rachel released Sacred Time for Ourselves and the BYOC items as well as messy stitches and some gesso so far this month. Hope that helps :)

6. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Perfect! Thank you!

7. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

@jaye Oh thank you! This is great!

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

All new:
    Messy & Imperfect MMA
    Sacred Time For Ourselves Kit

1 paper, 1 flower, 3 wa, 1 overlay, 1 stamp with wa, 2 paper pieces, 1 heart
    [​IMG]

jaye likes this.
  9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thanks! So Much For The Congrats!...

10. RJMJ

@Rachel Jefferies ...I Just Wanted To Say WOW!...Thank! You! For The Awesome! Prize!!!...Made My Day!...Happy Dance Time!...:dancebun

11. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

@Thuria @RJMJ your coupons have been sent by private message :shopping:shopping

Thuria likes this.
  12. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

1 paper, 1 photo, 1 word art, 2 flowers, 1 paint, 1 ephemera, 1 doodle border, 1 splatter, 1 torn paper

[​IMG]

jaye likes this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Congrats to the winners @Thuria @RJMJ ! :byay What a fun challenge. The hardest part was limiting my page to 10 layers. I'm posting mine below with a link back to the gallery & credits.

[​IMG]

jaye likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Neat challenge! Congrats to the two from Sept.!
    @jaye : would love to see your page- image not showing, actually several are missing too. :D

15. RJMJ

Thank You Rachel For The Coupon!...I Haven't Used It Yet...But I Created A Layout For This Challenge...I...Like Mcurtt Had A Hard Time Sticking To 10 Items...I Totally Wanted To Add More Things...But I Liked The Challenge Of Trying To Balance Everything Properly With The Right Perspective Within The 10 Item Requirement...

*My 10 Items Are: Papers (2) Paper Extracted Pieces (2) Journal Prompt-Exit Loudly (1) Journal Prompt-Don't Be Afraid To Be Utterly And Completely Yourself (1) Photo (1) Leaf Markmakings (2) Splatter (1)

*I'm So Sorry Everyone...I Guess I Didn't Read The Rules Properly...Duh!...I'm Definitely In The Northern Hemisphere...But Now I'm Not Sure If This Layout Would Even Qualify For This Challenge...I Was Gonna Make Another Layout Either Way...But Now I Don't Think This One Qualifies...It May Be To Much In The Middle...*

*For My Free To Be Me Layout-I Used:

*Silent Battles:Exhaustion-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *Utterly & Completely-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies(2)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    jaye likes this.
  16. jaye

can you see it now? Not sure what is happening as I can see all of them from my phone, work computer and my laptop.

17. nietis

nietis Well-Known Member

Posted mine in the gallery:
    [​IMG]

jaye likes this.
  18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I can see yours now @jaye as well as Tammy's, none of the others. Are the others in special CT forum galleries?

19. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

Congrats, ladies!!

Northern Hemisphere (top of page) | 1 paper, 2 word art, 1 stitching, 1 word strip, 1 border, 1 flower, and 3 paints/brushes
    [​IMG]

jaye likes this.
  20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

[​IMG]

For The Oct Challenge:
    North Hemisphire
    10 Items:
    1: Eye Element 2: Light Blub 3: Word Art 4 Paint 5: Paper 6: Stitch 7: Eye 2 8: Painty Border 9: Journal 10: Stitch

OH AND I USED NEW PRODUCTS FOR BONUS
    Scared Time For Ourselves and Just Imagine

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    jaye likes this.