In Pixio?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsPeel, Oct 8, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

have any of you heard about this photo editing software?
    There are lots of adverts around, and a sample for free download, the price is reasonable and works in both PC and Mac.... but I am kinda reluctant to download ... I'm always paranoid it can be a scam and my computer will be infected or something ... (LOL I know paranoid? nahhh but as Curt Kobain said: just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

KarenB likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Sorry @MrsPeel Cynthia.. never heard of it. I would stick with PSE

3. cfile

It is around 50/70 US $$ and mentions mostly just photo so not sure. I would try PSE with the older version you have and then if you like PSE invest in the most current version Cynthia.. Hugs

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. MrsPeel

Thanks Justine!!!! will look at it!!!!

Christa, wasn't thinking about for scrapping, more for actual photo editing because it is like PShop for dummies, especially for extractions and correcting unwanted blur.... it looks like it could be true (especially because two years ago I read in a tech magazine that there was a guy who created a 1 click blur correction but wasn't releasing it yet...thing is, I saw an advert on yahoo, which has TONS of adverts of something called MacKeeper which allegedly would be to clean your Mac but is not true, thing is, if you click, even just to look closer at the description, it downloads the software and it is hugely difficult to get rid of it, so I thought I ask here before I click on anything... I did see it is 49.99 cant remember if Dollars or Pounds, but as I am so suspicious of yahoo, I didn't even click in the advert LOL

bellbird and cfile like this.
  7. cfile

Gotcha.. I was thinking it was only for the photos.. thanks for confirming.. the regular with minimal stuff is 49 us dollars and the professional is 59.99 US on sale usually closer to 70 USD it said.

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@MrsPeel Cynthia,

I don't know anything about Pixio, but I did learn a little bit about a free photo editor from Sean, projectlifeappdude, at Digi Night Out a few weeks ago. It's called photopea.com and he says it's similar to Photoshop. Here's a link to a blog post he made about using it with the project life app that might help you decide if you'd like to try it.
    https://takingscrapbooksdigital.blogspot.com/search/label/Photopea

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

@Christa thanks :) waiting for my friend Clem who does all my instalations and betworking when I dont find my way, to let me know if it is ok to download the free sample, but may go get this one Kayla shows....
    thanks @keepscrappin

<3

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Dude. He could have saved so much time just putting his photos on a canvas in PSE or PSCC! LOL I suppose it's OK if all you are used to is a phone app, but I would just go with PSE to start with. It's SO affordable these days, and very powerful to allow you to make beautiful pages in one program instead of having to do all the switching around he was doing.

cfile and MrsPeel like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

@MrsPeel I'm with Christa on this. I would go straight for PSE for the amount of money.

12. MrsPeel

You know I didn't want this for scrapping, right?
    Because of my neurological issues are getting worse by the minute, I thought this would be easy because they have extractions done with one click, same for eliminating blur....
    anyway, it is very new and I don't trust very new LOL so yes, back to try learning PSE!!!!!
    oh how I missed you!!!!!

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  13. cfile

Cynthia, PSE can do the extractions as well too. Cheryl @gonewiththewind and I can help out with the PSE... we both also have videos to help you too!!! Check the PSE section re what it can do re photos... try out the PSE free trial .. the link below is the PSE 2020 that was just released but this is where they have videos where you can see what PSE can do (only a few things are shown of the MANY things PSE can do for photos.)
    https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/whats-new.html

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

Ahhh, I missed that you wanted it for photos . . . and I've missed you, too! So glad you are back!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@MrsPeel I am going to download the trail version on Tonys old laptop, if it crashes it then well and good he really needs a new one.. :giggle I will tell you what happened tomorrow, and how it is for extractions and blur fixes..

16. MrsPeel

LOL you are AWESOME!!!!! thank YOU!!!! on a completely different subject... I was looking for photos to scrap and found the photos of the sweets tray you brought us when we were leaving Malta...we took lots of photos when we arrived in London.....and now I WANT TOP GO BACK to see you!!!! how is the weather in November?
    @Nemla

17. MrsPeel

you have no idea how much I missed YOU!!!!!!!! (maybe you saw that I went straight to your templates to scrap first thing LOL) I ll write tomorrow, been with you in my mind and have it in a post it that I want to write, I am kinda getting back into being able to do stuff (even though my brain still isn't in complete gear....but I think that is difficult to totally fix!!!! :giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle

:heartslub

gonewiththewind likes this.
  18. MrsPeel

I know, I have done extraxtions on PSE before, but it isnt one click........ these people claim to be a 1 click thing... my program also has a good extractor, easier than PSE actually, to understand what I want and why.. I would have to go into the state of my health and we DO NOT wanna get depressed :rofl:rofl:rofl

LOVE YOU!!!!!

cfile likes this.
  19. cfile

xo

20. gonewiththewind

Save your time and energy for scrapping! I love you and know you love me! LOL