pillow talk | pad patter 10.8.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 8, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

No... not that kind of pillow talk! I'm talking about how many pillows you have on your bed.

[​IMG]

My husband and I have 4 sleeping pillows, 2 pillows with shams for decoration and 3 throw pillows for decoration, so 9 total. I usually sleep with 2 to 3 pillows because I like to snuggle up with them or put 1 under my feet when they swell. Hubby laughs at how many pillows we have. He uses them when he reads in bed but then he just tosses them on the floor. I'm the one who makes the bed each morning and I like how nice the bed looks with the pillows, so I don't mind having so many.

Our girls love pillows too and they both have 9 -10 pillows on their beds.

[​IMG]

So how about you... how many pillows do you have on your bed?

2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

6 - 2 pillows for sleeping (1 each), 2 pillow shams, and 2 decorative pillows. My husband would say we have 4 pillows too many.

Lisa B and keepscrappin like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have 2 king pillows and 4 standard pillows on the bed.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

6 when the bed is made up, 2 king size, two standards with the same floral as the covers and then narrow velvet ones for the small of your back. We only use 1 each for sleeping.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

2 I sleep with (one for the head, one I snuggle with -- a holdover from when I had shoulder surgery 16 years ago, I had to elevate the arm at night). 4 go under the bedspread when I do decide to actually make the bed. I just straighten the covers in the morning but don't actually pull them up and over the pillows.

2 in shams that are never on the bed but decorate the top of the dog crate.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

7 pillows at the moment, but the 8th pillow is sitting on a chair.
    pillows.jpg

7. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

2. 1 for my husband to sleep on and 1 for me to sleep on. I don't like extra stuff on my bed and if I had to arrange a bunch of pillows, I probably wouldn't make the bed every morning.

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

just the one for me.

Lisa B, chastml and keepscrappin like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

6 generally... 2 we use propped vertically against the headboard as we only use those to prop us to watch TV then each of us have 2 more. I sleep with one and hug the other gernerally or that one gets thrown on the floor.

Additional 3:
    I only put the 2 pillow shams and the one decorative pillow on the bed only when company is coming :)

10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

2...I wish I only needed the one but I needed to get the level raised a bit so my neck was in line with my spine. So it's one of those cooling pillows and one down one that is thin by age. (Why doesn't that work for me??? LOL) I'm not one for lots of stuff on the bed either.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We have 8 pillows on the bed. I sleep with one cooling pillow and Jay sleeps with the other one. The rest of the pillows are stacked over by Jay's side of the bed and then I make up the bed in the morning.

The pillows that are at the back were embroidered by my mother, then we have our cooling pillows, then pillows in shams, and then two decorative pillows. The larger one was embroidered by my mother with my monogram and the smallest one is a cross stitch piece I did 30 years ago that my mom just had made into a pillow with a velvet backing a couple of years ago. I still cross stitch, but that piece was 30 or 32 count Aida and it's so tiny! I don't think I could do it now!

Speaking of making the bed, since we got our split king adjustable, it took me a while to get my groove for making the bed quickly. I've now got it back down to just a few minutes again . . . but for a while there it was frustrating!

Here's the bed. I don't like how you see the bed is split, but I'll deal with it to be able to sleep in comfort adjusted just for me!

IMG_20191008_141758.jpg IMG_20191008_141816.jpg

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Thank you! My new beachy Florida theme!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

2 for me, 3 for my husband, all regular pillows. No extra decorative stuff for me. I don't even believe in making the bed. It's a waste of time when I'm just going to unmake it later the same day.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

6 pillows on our bed...2 each for sleeping and 2 that are are propped up against the headboard for sitting up if needed. I don't really have decorative pillows in the bedroom because I don't want to have to move a bunch of stuff when I'm ready to jump in!

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

7 - 2 each for sleep and three decorative

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Let's be real - I don't make the bed very often, so 2 shams and 2 decorative pillows on the floor in a corner. Two worthless (well to me) pillows that below to hubby and 1 for me.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't even know... I know I have 3 pillows, my hubby has at least 3 himself and then there are 5 decorative ones for when we sometimes make the bed. It ridiculous how many pillows there are. :giggle

19. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Four standard "sleeping" pillows ... I sleep with two, then have two more matching pillows on the other side of my queen bed. I do make my bed daily, but am not interested having to fool with decorative pillows. :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I have 8, all regular bed pillows. I use most of them - 2 under the head, one for side sleeping/hugging, and the rest arranged in a very comfy nest.

keepscrappin and Lisa B like this.