What's the best part about digital scrapbooking...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by vinniepearce, Oct 3, 2019.

1. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

EDITED: Thanks again for helping guys, I picked the most creative and too the point answers as I limited myself to 5. Here is the finished video if you're interested - https://www.instagram.com/p/B3RqisDAnB1/. Thank you so much for helping me with this!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm working on a social post that includes the many reasons why we digitally scrapbook. I'd love to include your answers, post them with an image of your favorite digital scrap page and I'll choose the best ones to feature - go!​

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    KarenC likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm sharing this from my Watch Cheryl Scrap FB page, because it sums up nicely everything I feel about this passion of ours!

I have so many stories to tell. Not just of my life, but of the lives of my children. In telling these stories, I can also be creative. I can lose myself in color and flowers, words and shapes. But it’s more than just art, too. It’s taking photos of everyday moments and life changing times. It’s sharing the details of those times, but it’s more than just storyelling. It’s a passion, a drive, a need to remember everything myself. It’s a way to wander in the garden of my memories. To look at the photos as if they are flowers and enjoy their beauty. And this garden doesn’t fade. The memories stay fresh and the photos stay bright and colorful.

And here's a favorite layout from recent months:

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see your blog post!

vinniepearce, KarenC and cfile like this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Photos on their own are an incomplete method of memory keeping. Digital Scrapbooking enables us to add to those photos to make the moments stay alive.
    [​IMG]

vinniepearce and cfile like this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You're probably going to laugh but I don't miss the huge mess I used to make when I scrapbooked with paper! I morphed into digital scrapping and one of the wonderful things about it is that I can create pages right on my laptop. Whenever I travel, all of my "supplies" go right along with me - in my laptop! Imagine how much "stuff" I used to have to take with me if I wanted to scrap while I was on vacation! Here's a page that I created using your kit Agape. I found this image on the Internet, but wouldn't it be lovely to be this much in love when we get to be this age?

Enduring-Love-TCC.jpg

vinniepearce and cfile like this.
  5. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

i'm just starting out after traditional paper scrapbooking (plus many years "off"), so i don't have a ton of experience yet. but for me, the best part so far is...unlimited do-overs! lol! if i don't like how something turned out, i can redo it. i don't feel like i'm wasting supplies. this is very helpful to a beginner like me because i can try different things to teach myself how to use stuff and then...REDO...if i decide i don't like it.

vinniepearce likes this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I have paper scrapbooked for years. I still do paper albums because I have a room full of supplies. And I will always be committed to the purpose of capturing and recording memories. But, digital scrapbooking not only allows me to capture memories but it has also allowed me to explore more fully the artistic, creative side of me, of capturing emotions, moods, pleasures that are more visual than story-related, more poetic even.

[​IMG]

vinniepearce and KarenC like this.
  7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I don't scrap to preserve stories or memories (though sometimes I do), but because I can be creative without the physical mess. And I can stop anytime and pick it up later. And I can click undo! (<-- I so want this IRL!)
    [​IMG]

vinniepearce and KarenC like this.
  8. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I started out paper scrapbooking as well.

There are so many benefits to me for digi scrapping over paper.

Supplies can be re-sized, re-coloured and re-used.
    It's all neatly hidden within my hard drive.
    Much easier clean up and organisation.
    Ctrl-Z
    And, as someone else said, there is so much power even within PSE to play around and be creative (without being scared of wasting supplies).

I would struggle to pick a favourite, but I love this page - it was for a challenge and it really got me to play more with gradients and text.

[​IMG]

vinniepearce likes this.
  9. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

Nice! Keep them coming please and remember to add your fav page design

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    i love that I can create and complete a scrapbook layout in under 30 mins - a paper layout used to take around 3 hours.
    I love the lack of mess.
    i love the instant gratification of it. I no longer have to wait for photos to be printed and papers bought etc.
    I can be inspired by new goodies I just bought and pair with older photos to suit the theme or colour scheme, or I can be inspired by my latest photos and just do a quick layout.
    I love that I can add things onto a digital layout that I would have never added in my paper days - too dimensional or not archival. No matter how full my layout is it remains flat and I can do single, double, pocket style incredibly easily without different layout pockets and sleeves being needed.
    I can resize elements or photos quickly and easily, even changing the colour of things or changing the photos to black and white just with a few clicks of the mouse.

vinniepearce likes this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

No mess to clean up. Smaller photobooks. Not worrying about running out of supplies.

vinniepearce likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

lots of good points! also friends (and frogs! ;-)) who 'get' our hobby are one of the joys of digital scrapbooking!
    [​IMG]

vinniepearce likes this.
  13. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Scrapbooking is my escape from life's stresses and dramas. No matter how bad the day, I can sit down in photoshop, play with colours and throw paint everywhere without creating a mess. I can then relive the good times through accessorizing my photos with whatever I so desire. I am only limited by my imagination. I LOVE scrapping!

A recent favourite page:

[​IMG]

vinniepearce likes this.
  14. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

Kissed the frog!

vinniepearce and bellbird like this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

16. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Hands down for me . . . no physical mess! That was the worst, especially with small children!

It is also significantly more cost effective as you can reuse . . . I think of that one classic pack of textured white papers that I've used literally 100's of times - wait, that qualifies it as a environmentally friendly right?

And finally, I actually USE the product. When I was buying physical products I found this weird psychological thing happening where I was actually "COLLECTING" the elements but never wanted to use them up! Problem solved!

vinniepearce likes this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Bart says he loves digi scrapping bc: You can't get flies stuck in your wet glue while you wait for things to dry.
    [​IMG]

I say: Definitely the no mess part - and easily being able to change your mind/fix mistakes!

vinniepearce likes this.
  18. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I think they've covered it all.

My big ones are that there's no mess. With lots of kids running around I definitely need less mess in my life.
    Another one is that I can hit that ctrl+z over and over again and not waste any products, and that goes along with being able to use products over and over again.

And the biggest one is that it tells my kids' stories. They absolutely love looking at their scrapbooks and knowing their history, even if it isn't complete (4 adopted kids with some unknowns about their past), and knowing that they are in a loving family forever.

vinniepearce likes this.
  20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Storytelling!!!
    [​IMG]