Monthly Muse September 2019 - Week 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Sep 24, 2019.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Week One: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/monthly-muse-september-2019-week-1.65659/page-2#post-1170402
    Week Two: even though the title says week one - i can't change that, sorry https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...art-eye-candy-coming-soon.65902/#post-1170765
    Week Three: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/monthly-muse-september-2019-week-3.65977/#post-1171303

Well it has been an exciting month.
    Although it was not in my original plan, I thought I would end the month with a blast. This week I would like you to tell us a little about yourself, whatever you are comfortable sharing, using color!

My youngest's school is decorated with rainbows, everywhere there is so much color and I LOVE it! It creates such a fun happy atmosphere.

[​IMG]

So this week please create a collage using at least 5 colors that shows/tells us with objects, photos, words, colors and/or journaling, some details about who you are. Maybe a collage of your favorite foods, favorite art supplies, or just a random list of favorites. You can tell us about your childhood, your present self, bits and piece of both.

Here are a few examples I have found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is some inspiration for you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I know some of you like to use color pallets, so here are some with different types of "rainbow" color combos you can use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Challenge Rule:Taste the Rainbow! This week I want you to use at least five colors to create a page that tells us a little about you - using both colors, objects, and words to tell your story.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Sept 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What wonderful inspiration pieces you have put together for us, Erin. You certainly did end it with a bang!

3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Oh boy. When I saw this, I thought I'd have to stay home on this challenge. I'm not into rainbow colors, or pastels, or rainbow pastels! Then I realized it had to be at least 5 colors-ANY COLORS-that are about me. WHEW. Easy-peasy! As I'm typing I'm wearing a brick red sweatshirt and black sweatpants (sorry, I didn't get more dressed up for the occasion!). No rainbows (or unicorns) in sight! And I had a lot of fun making an art journal page with photos. Thanks for the challenge.
    [​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/09-19_wk4_colors-about-me.405724/

Cherylndesigns, mcurtt and Dady like this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I had so much fun with this last challenge that I had to make 2 pages. This first page is a picture of my Mexican blanket that I use for a throw (it really came from Mexico) and some pieces that are representative of the kind of décor we have. I love red or anything with red in it. I don't wear bright clothes, but I love to surround myself with color.
    [​IMG]
    This page is showing what I consider my "Bohemian throw", and I blended my dream catcher (which I made), a jumble of my natural bead bracelets, and a picture that represents all the wicker and baskets that we have around the house. I also love tassels, so this little tassel on the wicker even means something.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Snippets of my home: I don't have lots of pastel things around, unless you count my pink coyote. :-) And for those who might ask, I took the top left photo thru the window (and screen).

[​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  7. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I love all these. They tell a lot about each artist's personality. I did a total color blast including my favorite red!
    [​IMG]

8. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This was a lot of fun
    [​IMG]

NBK-Design likes this.
  10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

This Was A Very Interesting Challenge Indeed...I Did A Lot Of Thinking Before I Started This One...You Mentioned 5 Colors...I Really Had To Think About Which 5 I Wanted To Go With...And How To Incorporate Them All Together...To Tell A Story About Myself...Everyone's Approach Is Unique & Different Here...Mine Certainly Is Different From Anyone's Here...I Took My Collage Very Personally...To Tell A Lot About Me...But To Also Tell A Rather Personal Story About One Of The Most Difficult Times In My Life...

*First Of All...My Five Colors Are A Representative Of Fall:My Favorite Time Of Year...Red,Purple,Teal,Green,Yellow...Each Color Represents Something Different About Me:Red & All Shades Of Red Are My First Favorite Colors...Sienna/Copper/Pumpkin Etc...Love Them All!!!...Purple:Is My New Favorite Color...I'm Just Drawn To It Lately For Some Reason...I Like The Rich Jewel Tones In All Fall Colors...Actually...They All Speak To Me In Ways Others May Not...Teal:Is Just One Of Those Colors That Makes Me Happy...Every Time I See Teal...I Smile & Want To Buy Any/All Clothes I See In This Color...It Warms My Face Nicely...Green Represents So Many Things To Me:It Reminds Me Of My Sister:Her Birthstone Is Emerald...Green Reminds Me Of All That Is Rich & Beautiful In Nature(Leaves In Particular...Fall Again...)...It Also Reminds Me Of The Upcoming Christmas Season...Rich Tones Of Christmas Green & Warm Vibrant Tones Of Red Together...For Me Equal Happiness!!!...Also Green Was My MOM's Favorite Color...And That's Why Primarily There Is A Lot Of Green In This Layout To Represent Her & HER Love Of Nature & The Outdoors...This Subject Will Come Into Play Later As The Rest Of The Story Unfolds...Yellow:Well I Think This Is Pretty Obvious...How Yellow Represents Happiness,Sunshine...Bright Days & Fond Memories Of The Past...

*The Photo I Used Here Illustrates My Love Of Scrapbooking(She's Clutching Tightly To A Scrapbook Full Of Precious Memories...)...Not Only This But...My Very Personal Story...This Photo Struck Me & Blew Wide Open A Memory Of My Mom's Passing...That I Had Sort Of Forgotten About...A Few Days After My Mom Died...All The Family Was At The House & Some Close Neighbors & Friends(Dad & Mom's House)...We Were All Reminiscing & Talking About Mom & Her Quirky Ways & How She Made People Smile...My Dad Brought Out Some Old Scrapbooks With Old Family Photos In Them For Us To Look At...I Remembered Them From When I Was Little(Not So Coincidentally...They Were All In GREEN Colored Scrapbooks)...But Had Not Thought About Them In Years...I Remember Later Walking By A Mirror & Saw Myself Holding Onto One Of Them For Dear Life & Clutching One Close To My Chest Just Like The Little One In This Photo...It Startled Me & Made Me Cry...Thinking About How Much I Missed My Mom...Holding Onto Precious Memories Of Those We Have Lost & Telling Their Stories Is Crucial & Also Very Important...So We Don't Forget How Important They Were To Our Lives & Those Who's Lives They Touched So Profoundly...So To That End...My Layout Was Born...

*Sorry For The Very Personal Story & Sad,Tough Subject Matter...But The Challenge Is What Gave Me This Idea Along With That Very Special & Poignant Photo I Used In My Layout To Illustrate My Story...I Hope Everything I Wrote Makes Sense...I Honestly Don't Have The Heart To Reread This...It Was Hard Enough To Write The First Time Around...

*A Very Special Heartfelt Thanks! To Anyone/Everyone Who Reads My Very Personal Story Until The End...:bk

*For My A Lifetime Of Memories Layout-I Used:

*Art Crush No.19-NBK Design
    *Just Imagine-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies(3)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    NBK-Design likes this.
  11. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I didn't think I was going to be able to get this one together. But then the BlogHop inspired me and here it is.
    [​IMG]

13. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

So, I think this technically fits the parameters for this week, but even if it doesn't, no big deal. I won't be able to pull two more from out of my hat in the next 57 minutes. Tbh I'm amazed I pulled this one out, considering I already finished one for the day.

But I did, a needed counterpoint to the sheer emo of the first one. I like the element counterpoint as well, more solid pieces as opposed to the paint/stamp aspect in the other one.

So here we go, one thing about me that everyone probably already knows :-D

[​IMG]

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for this inspiring muse.
    [​IMG]

15. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thanks you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this thread is like an explosion of beautiful color & inspiration!
    [​IMG]

18. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member