Monthly Muse September 2019 - Week 3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Sep 20, 2019.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Week One: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/monthly-muse-september-2019-week-1.65659/page-2#post-1170402
    Week Two: even though the title says week one - i can't change that, sorry https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...art-eye-candy-coming-soon.65902/#post-1170765

Well, I have given up on seeing my computer this month - which stinks - I really liked that one. Anyway Week 3 - and we are just going to take a different route because I can't bring myself to have to recreate all that fabulous eye candy I made earlier this month- I will just save it for another month.

So this week we are going to TAKE TWO!

You can either keep your pallet from last week and add one more color (and its tints and shades) or you can start over a fresh, and grab two colors that are fairly different from each other.

Here are some ideas for color pairings - but you are welcome to come up with your own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I really like about limiting myself to two different colors like this is the contrast it creates in the overall image. Just look at how those simple objects POP out of the page. THAT is what we want to do this week!

I have not finished my page yet, as doing it by hand takes longer, but I hope to get 'er done and bring her over for you to see.

Have fun!

Challenge Rule: Use two different colors to create contrast in your page, emphasizing a key element, word, emotion, or other object.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Sept 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Awwwwwww, Erin, that stinks SO much that you still don't have a computer!! I know you're feeling so frustrated!! Thanks for posting week 3 for us. Hugs and patience. :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

mcurtt and wvsandy like this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

I chose the colors yellow and blue - which are unusual colors for me, so this was fun.

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Cheryl and I are on the same wave length, I chose yellow and blue and once again I used the background from week 1 as a starting point.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Yes, we are, Jan. I don't know why I chose these colors, but I sure had fun with them. Love your layout!

7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I chose the last palette, red and green!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Interesting article through Pocket working with two colors. Enjoy.

mcurtt likes this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I've used peachy-pink with a blue-green.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and SharLamb like this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Went with blue and green:

[​IMG]

SharLamb likes this.
  11. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

2 Fav colors;
    [​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  13. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

14. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

I chos[​IMG]e purple and green:

15. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another Great Challenge!...I Try To Always Be Thinking "Outside The Box"...As I Like To Say...So I Didn't Want To Choose 2 Colors That I May Have Used Before...And I Didn't Want To Go The Easy Route Either...So I Chose A New & Unlikely Color Combo:Orange & Purple...I Have Never Combined These 2 Colors Together On Their Own...So Away I Went...I Went With A Brighter! Color Palette Of Orange...Mixed With More Muted Colors Of Purple!...I Was More Than Happy With The Result...I Also Liked The Slight Bohemian Feel To The Layout As Well...And I Like The Fact That It Has A Template Usage Feel...Eventhough I Created The Layout Completely From Scratch...I Have Come To Believe That You Can Pretty Much Pick Any Two Colors You Like & Put Them Together...If The Color Mixing Of Hues & Tints Is Done Properly...

*For My Brave New World Layout-I Used:

*Create Crate Monthly-Bohemian Fall-September 2018-Bella Gypsy/Kristin Aagard/Becca Bonneville
    *Autumn Days-Bundle-Bella Gypsy
    *Falling Slowly-Bundle-Bella Gypsy
    *Autumn Art-Collab-Pixelscrapper(3)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  18. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I'm Back Again...I Really Liked My First Layout For This Challenge...But I Decided To Do One More...A More Monotone Duo...Black & White...Sounds Like The Run Of The Mill Combo Perhaps...But Not Really...I Really Like The Contrast Drama Of Black & White To Contrast Life In This Layout...It Can Be Sublime,Sleek,Streamlined Or Highly Contrasted...Whatever Your Own Preferences Are...I Like The High Drama Idea Of The Black & White To Contrast Life In This Layout...Youth Vs. The Idea That Perhaps We Never Really Want To Grow Up & Get Older...So I Went On That Journey To Create This Layout...

*For My Life Is More Than Just Black & White Layout-I Used-Art Crush No.19-NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It was fun seeing where the muse took me on this one, thank you.
    [​IMG]