More prayers please...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by rchansen, Sep 18, 2019.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

As many of you know, my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February. He just finished his twelfth chemo treatment (three rounds). Yay!! The last PET scan shows the tumor is shrinking but his cancer marker numbers are still higher than they'd like to see. They're still concerned with the spots on his lungs as well although there has been NO changes to them through all three PET scans so they don't think they're cancerous (needle biopsy was inconclusive as they are so small they could not get enough tissue).

We go to the Mayo Clinic tomorrow to meet with the surgeon who would perform the surgery if that is a possibility. If surgery looks to be a possibility we will also schedule a lung biopsy where they will remove at least one of the three small nodules.

For those who believe in prayer, please pray that they are able to schedule us for the surgery. Please pray that there are no issues with the lungs. Please pray for my mom who is beside herself worried about what we're going to be told tomorrow. Your prayers and good thoughts are so appreciated!!

My dad has been doing well. Really well. He's tired. He's annoyed that he doesn't have the stamina to work in his garden all day. He's annoyed he needs to nap every afternoon. He's annoyed he can't go to the gym anymore and he has lost a lot of muscle mass (although he's only lost about six pounds overall). The chemo he was on was very aggressive and they were surprised he was able to finish three rounds on this chemo. He amazes me everyday!!

I feel so fortunate to be a part of this community. Thanks for all your love!! <3

bellbird, umyesh, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I definitely believe in prayer and will be praying for your father and your mother and you, as well as the medical staff! ((HUGS)) to you!

rchansen likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I was just thinking of him the other day. I will certainly pray for him and your family.

rchansen likes this.
  4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Hoping for the best!

rchansen likes this.
  5. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

@rchansen i am so sorry to hear this! i am new here and just trying to learn and "meet" people, so this is the first i've heard of this. i originally joined here back in october 2018 and then right after that found out my mother had non-hodgkins lymphoma. she is done with treatment and all went very well, thankfully. but we just found out a few days ago that our niece, who just had a baby girl 3 weeks ago, was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. she had a cyst that the decided to remove a week after delivery and then got in there to find it was a tumor the size of a squash. they took that, the spleen and half her pancreas. she is talking with doctors now to get treatment started.

i definitely believe in the POWER of prayer. i will pray for your dad, you, his doctors and medical team. idk if you've ever been to mayo, but it is a terrific place. they run things so smoothly and we have had nothing but good experiences there. i mean, everyone would prefer NOT needing to go there, but if you have to do something like this...mayo is definitely TOP NOTCH. i have no doubt he will be in good hands (there and above).

Karen and rchansen like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Robyn @rchansen I am definitely keeping your Dad and your family in my prayers. Your Dad is a fighter :) Positive thoughts at the Mayo Clinic and for him to get through this.. He has a 50th Anniversary Party coming up :) Hugs and prayers!!

rchansen likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I will pray for you and your family. Wishing you all the very best.

rchansen likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Will pray for your Dad and your family! Mayo visit could be a good piece of the puzzle.

rchansen likes this.
  9. rchansen

Thanks Cheryl. Thanks Bev - your continued prayers are so appreciated!! Thank you Donna and Coreen - and welcome, Coreen, you will not find a better group of ladies than you will here!! I am very sorry to hear about your niece and hope the best for her and her family. I will add her to my prayers!! Thanks Monica and @AJK. And thank you Christa!! It's funny you mention their 50th anniversary as I have just started working on the party planning. Now I need to work on their book!!

10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Joining hands with the prayer circle.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Yes, certainly, hugs and prayers are sent for your dad.

12. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I will be praying for your dad (and your mom as well).

13. rchansen

Thanks so much Sharon, Rae and Monica!! So appreciated!!

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Definitely, Sharron. :hug:beat:beat:beat

15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Sending up a prayer! Please continue to update us. I'd been wondering about him. Also, congrats to your parents on 50 years!

16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Positive thoughts for your dad and the whole family!

17. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Prayers will most certainly be said. So glad you are here, surrounded by many that care!

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Sending lots of love, thoughts, and prayers for your dad and your family!!

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I will continue to keep the prayers going up for your Dad, your Mom and your whole family and team of doctors! It sounds nerve wracking, but your Dad sounds like an amazing fighter!