getting stuck | pad patter 9.17.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Sep 17, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's 2:30 pm right now and I haven't done very many things on my list yet.
    - go to water aerobics
    - shower
    - wish my sister a happy birthday
    - start the pad patter
    - eat lunch
    - scrapbook
    - plan and cook dinner
    - help with homework
    - get to bed early

I didn't make it to water aerobics because I went back to bed after getting my husband and DD off to work and school and slept right through it. DD hasn't been feeling well so we haven't slept well that last couple of days.

I did get a shower and my hair is done so that's good.

I wished my sister a happy birthday, so that's good.

I skipped the pad patter and ate a salad for lunch because I got stuck. I hit a wall and couldn't think of anything to talk about for the pad patter. I've started it 3 or 4 times now and then deleted it and started over. I just wasn't feeling it... I'm stuck.

That's when the thought hit me... I'm stuck... really stuck. Do you get stuck too? What are you stuck on today? What do you do to get unstuck? Inquiring minds want to know.

umyesh likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

And now that I got the pad patter started I'm going to keep the momentum going and scrapbook before DD gets home from school so I don't get stuck again... lol

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I was awake at 3:30 this morning. Could not get back to sleep at all so about 4:30 I moved to the office and hit the couch with the tv on. Ended up falling asleep and woke up for good about 8:30 but didn't get off the couch until after 9 (was enjoying the doggy cuddles).

On my schedule today was to get my drivers' license renewed. Nope. Didn't happen. I wanted to be there before 10 because with all the new requirements, it will take longer and I hope to beat the lines. I didn't get out of the shower until 10. Maybe tomorrow.

So I've not done much of anything today except hearing planes and helicopters going over quite often... very unusual for my town. A FB group for the town is trying to figure out what is going on so that has kept me semi-entertained.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't get stuck very often, but have been for the last few days. It frustrates me so much when I get that way and what helps me is to acknowledge it and try to work through it. Even my scrapping mojo flew out the window. Good luck, Kaya - hope you get un-stuck soon. It will happen. :heartslub:heartslub

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm the worst sometimes when it comes to getting something stuck in my head and not being able to do anything else. Then I always regret it when the other stuff starts to pile up!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I didn't get stuck today but I did play "hookie" (is that how you spell that? like skipping school). My friend texted me and so instead of cleaning the house, we went bowled 3 games. Had fun and I did have some pre-bowling I need to do as I will be missing some upcoming league games.

And yes, I am stuck on these ATC I am supposed to printing this week for a State Fair entry. Hoping to unstuck myself tonight.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m stuck with a body that doesn’t want to cooperate. I’m currently on day 3 of 4 of time away and just ache all over from my shoulders to my calves. Had to make the tough choice to rest today rather than explore an area that’s 60 mins away as I fly home tomorrow afternoon.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh man, the past couple of days have been a super stuck time for me.

Yesterday I had an ultrasound of my liver (for some elevated enzymes, just getting a look at what's going on there), and by the time I got ready and then drove over to the next town, then checked in, and waited, and then was ready to come back home . . . I got the wild idea that I wanted to check out Hobby Lobby's clearance section while I was on that side of town. I didn't really find much, but by the time I left I was super hungry, so ended up coming straight home to eat. I then only had a short while before picking up Daniel, so I did a few chores and then picked him up. Back at the house, Olivia decided she wanted to go to Michael's, and the boys were going to mow my MIL's yard, so off we go. We also hit up Target. I was so very tired because I usually don't leave the house much and to do that much stuff yesterday . . . well, I was done for.

And then today, I had a pain management consult, which went fine. But I had to drive to the next town, again, and got my prescriptions and drove back to my town . . . only to discover at the CVS that one of my prescriptions was not signed. So off I go back to the medical center again, having to park and hoof it across a huge parking lot that goes up and down . . . it was 100 degrees today and humid and I was dying by the time I got back home. I was feeling so yucky that I just ended up resting until I picked up Daniel, and then even after that, I really have just tried to rest.

Sooooo, I said all that to say that my planner is always filled with things for me to do, and I basically did none of them the past two days.

I have so much designing to do tomorrow, as well as laundry and other household chores. We'll see what I can get done. Usually I make a list and start with the easiest things so I can start crossing them off and feel accomplished. LOL

keepscrappin and wvsandy like this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

These days it’s about making decisions. We’re preparing for a remodel and we’ve a gazillion decisions to make that I just can’t anymore. I need to do all the legwork and then DH will sit down with me and we’ll go over things. I’ve been to the tile store three times this week alone, and that’s only for one bathroom! We’ve had so many repairs pile up over the years that remodeling is the only way to go. The hard part is knowing what I want and not being able to find it, or when my favorite tile costs $195.00 a square foot! Yikes! Not happening. Which means that I need to look more and make more decisions.

My brain hurts! Lol!

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I get stuck too. I had a bunch of to-do's on my list today and decided to get them all done (after scrapping, of course!). It feels good! I usually get stuck when I'm not eating well or drinking enough water. Simple but important! Here's to keeping things rolling for us all!

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I get stuck on meal planning quite a bit. I eat low carb so it takes a bit of planning to keep switching things up so I don't get bored with my meals and go off-plan.

What I do is search pinterest for ideas and then print out recipes to try. I keep a binder in the kitchen with meal ideas and recipes that I can quickly browse thru.

I get stuck on not drinking enough water too (like Monica). I was just thinking of this today, so I filled up a pitcher of stevia flavored water and put a large glass on my desk to remind me to keep drinking water throughout the day. I've been really bad about this lately so need to be more diligent about it.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

When i get stuck, I stop and put it to one side. Most of the time I manage to get unstuck when I come back to it later. However, the large number of UFOs (unfinished objects) in my craft room do give testimony to those things I'm still stuck on, or just never had chance to get back to.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't get stuck usually during the week, mostly on weekends. Since we are so routine M-F, weekends throw me off with all the spare time. There is always too much to do and not enough time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Do I get stuck? Who doesn't?! lol

Currently I'm stuck on tiling. Like, I should be tiling right now, but I'm not. But...I'm going to get over it by simply getting into my messy clothes and doing it. I know the bathroom will look great when I'm done, and that helps motivate me. (Plus, looking at the mess around the powder room also motivates me to get this done!)

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

Waking too early and not being able to get back to sleep is the worst and happens to me a lot. I just lay there so I don’t wake the family up but maybe I should just get up and get stuff done.

I also need to get to the DMV and change the title on our car now that is paid off, but like you I haven’t wanted to fight with the crowds.

16. keepscrappin

I hope you find your scrappin mojo soon!

17. keepscrappin

Me too! I’m always getting something stuck in my head. It occupies every thought and I can’t get anything done.

18. keepscrappin

Good for you! Sometimes we just need to take a break to get unstuck and hanging with friends is a good way to do that.

19. keepscrappin

I hope you get feeling better soon Jennifer. Not feeling well definitely gets you stuck. Hang in there.

20. keepscrappin

Health issues are the worst. Running around to all the appointments and such is exhausting. I hope you get feeling better soon. Good for you to take some time to rest. We need to remember to be kind to ourselves.

gonewiththewind likes this.