Monthly Muse September 2019 - Week 1 (in part - eye candy coming soon)

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Sep 16, 2019.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Well, its MONDAY and still no computer, so I am going to use my OLD OLD One that can't even run photoshop and get LAST week's muse up for you minus all the eye candy. I will come back and add all those beautiful color palletes I found when I get my computer back - so if you would like to wait for color inspiration - no worries, you can, but otherwise, you can start working on this week's fun.

You can find Week ONE here: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/monthly-muse-september-2019-week-1.65659/

For Week TWO we are going to build on week ONE - I want you to start with a neutral pallet (so white, black, grey, tan, beige) and then add one color.

BUT that color needs to be added in order to capture an emotion.

For some of us, we automatically put emotions to color - but other people have a hard time knowing what colors go with what emotions. Really it is a personal thing - but if you are wanting some ideas - this site (BELOW) is amazing - it discusses how color is used in movies and other visual media and shows how we don't even really notice color when it is used correctly. It lists out some common emotions and ideas that are linked to specific colors. You might notice that some of the ideas linked to ONE color are opposites - isn't that interesting?

https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/how-to-use-color-in-film-50-examples-of-movie-color-palettes/

(here is one spot I would have some eye-candy for you!!)

Here is my page- Since I have not had a computer to create a digital page, I printed off some goodies and made a hybrid page. I used ORANGE as my color pop because Orange is NOT one of my fave colors, and still it adequately captured my feelings for the past week - feelings of agitation and frustration (namely at not being able to work).

[​IMG]

I can't yet load this to the gallery until I resize it - so I will add my supply links asap :)

I want to encourage you to work with multiple shades of the color you choose. So for example - (you can't really tell in my picture because it washed out a little) I used various shades of orange, some lighter, some darker, to give my images more depth.

So if you chose blue - don't be afraid to use variations of blue to bring more dimension to your page. Here are a few ideas of what I mean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(this is where there will be a LOT of eye candy - one day - hopefully! but for now here are a few)

Challenge Rule: Start with a Neutral Pallet and add a COLOR POP in one color/hue (but with tints and shades) to express a feeling or emotion.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Sept 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Angela Toucan and blueberries like this.
  2. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

3. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I've gone with most of the red emotions: passion, anger, love, violence
    [​IMG]

4. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I liked my layout from week 1 so much that I used some of it for week 2 and added in peeks of yellow.
    [​IMG]

7. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

This so made me cry tears of joy and sentiment. The tuxedo Connor is wearing is the one tailoring project I ever did (it was in a classroom). I made it in 1998....for Connor’s dad, who wore it to prom. Connor is considering wearing it next week for the homecoming dance at his school. I’ll be surprised if he chooses to actually do it, because it’s pretty retro, but just seeing him in it makes my heart swell with joy.
    Project done completely on my iPad with ProCreate.

[​IMG]

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Love The Idea Of Starting Out With A Neutral Palette Paper(s)...(In My Case 2 Black & White Background Papers Blended Together)...And Just Adding One Color For Impact...My Color Of Choice For This Layout Is Bold "Blues" To Match/Contrast/Coordinate With These Drop-Dead Gorgeous!...Retro Earring From Renowned Jewellery Designer...Heidi Daus!...I Just Hope I Didn't Go Overboard With The Use Of Blue!...I Was Definitely Going For SUPER BOLD IMPACT BLUE!!!...

*For My The Power Of Blue Layout-I Used:

*A Whole Mood-Bella Gypsy
    *Vitamin Sea-ForeverJoy
    *Boho Sunshine-Kim Jensen
    *Fathoms Deep & Tropique-Lynn Grieveson
    *Art Crush No.17 & No.18-NBK Design
    *Citron & Make Art & Journal 3-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I loved stretching myself for this challenge. I started out with a neutral palette - black, white and brown and then added various shades of orange.

[​IMG]

10. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I used yellow for hope:
    [​IMG]

I also did this one with a lot of brown for frustration:
    [​IMG]

11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Keeping my fingers crossed for your computer transition @mimisgirl

Here is my ode to autumn. Even though it is rainy and emerald green out there, I am so looking forward to cooler weather & the colors of fall.

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    I hope your computer problems will be just a memory very soon!

13. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thanks Erin.
    This wan't the direction I originally intended to go with this muse, but today I've had a hard time working out what my actual emotional state is. So I tried art journaling to work it out.
    [​IMG]