This week's Muse - what to DO?

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Sep 12, 2019.

What should we do for this week's MUSE?

1. Post a brief synopsis then fix it pretty later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait until this weekend

100.0%
  1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Soo, as some of you might have seen in the Chatty thread earlier this week- my kiddos killed my computer on Friday by dousing it in liquid refreshment.

The good news I am getting it fixed - I had hoped to get it back today, but they guy just called and said it won't be ready until this weekend or even possibly Monday.

Now, I had this week's Muse all ready, but ALL of my images are on that computer, and while I have a small one to work on, it does NOT have Photoshop or any other image program, nor can it run one ( it is SOOOO OLD, LOL).

So my question is this!

Do you want me to go ahead and create a brief post outlining what I was thinking, then "FIX" it - add in the text and images that I already had worked up when my computer comes home? (ya'll, there really was so much eye-candy and inspiration - I kid you not !!!)

or

Should I just wait and post it this weekend?

I really want to hear what you guys think!

and if you have not already 1. put a lid on your cup and 2. back up right now!! :)

Hope your Thursday is wonderful!

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Back in 2016 I poured bulletproof tea onto my laptop keyboard. It sizzled and popped and went black. I bought a new laptop that arrived the next day. I called a few service techs hoping to salvage anything. They said I probably fried the mother board but not the hard drive. So I bought a universal device from Amazon for around $30 that allowed me to transfer my old hard drive over to the new laptop. All it took was a YouTube video that explained how to remove the hard drive from my fried laptop. Good luck!

AJK likes this.
  3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Hope you're up and running quickly. So sorry for the accident.

I'm selfish, so would love to see a quick outline. I'm leaving town this weekend for almost a week. But I will TRY to be patient if the others just want to wait. Mostly, what we need is what's best for you (not me!).

Karen likes this.
  4. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

It sounds like you want to wait. Like Sharron, I love these, so am ready whenever. We can wait...it's not a problem.

5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I NEVER allow food or drink near my computer! I've been checking all week for MM. Thanks for letting us know what is going on. I HATE IT when we are kept in the dark - waiting! That said, I can wait until the week end now that I know I have not missed anything. GOOD LUCK.

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So considerate of you to ask. This isn't life changing or threatening- MM, that is. We can wait. I've lost a desktop and hubster fried his laptop same as yours- its frustrating. Makes one appreciate what you have when you do have it!

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so glad you're going to be able to get your laptop fixed, Erin!! I'm happy with whatever you and others decide to do. I can go either way.

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

So Sorry To Hear About Your Computer Troubles...I Feel You...My Hard Drive Crashed Back In May...And I'm Still Trying To Get My Files Back...Whatever You Decide Is Best Is Great With Me!...Best Of Luck With Your Computer...Hopefully You Will Be Up & Running Soon...:thumbsups...

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Waiting is good. Don't worry, Crossing fingers for your full recovery ,or rather your laptops full recovery.

10. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

No problem, do what is best for you! Good luck for your computer!

11. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I’m good with waiting. I feel for you, we are so dependent on our computers being without is really tough! Hope recovery goes well.

12. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

How about an update on the Monthly Muse! I thought it was to be posted this past weekend.

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am going to say, do what makes you feel more comfortable.

14. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

I was hoping to get my pretty images for everyone, but apparently my computer needed a specific something that is taking longer than originally planned to arrive - so since I still don't have a computer I went ahead and posted something - it should be up now.