lost | pad patter 9.10.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Sep 10, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Last night my daughter couldn't find her special markers that she wanted to use for an assignment. We looked everywhere we thought they might be and even a few places we didn't. We both knew we had seen them somewhere recently but we couldn't remember where. She even called Dad, who is gone on a business trip, to ask him if he could remember seeing them. We looked everywhere but couldn't find them. We finally gave up and she had to use some different markers I had in my stash for her assignment.

This morning, she comes running into my room with the missing markers. She had found them on the TV stand in the family room. They were under something else on the shelf and we had missed seeing them the night before in our panic to find them.

That got me thinking... Do you lose things too?

KarenB, umyesh and cfile like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Yes and I then forget what i’m Looking for (senior moments).
    My husband fixed a folding closet door and put the little door knob in a safe place to put it back on later. Two months later and we still have not found the door knob!

cfile likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Quite often and it annoys me to no end. I usually find what is "lost" but the latest and most expensive thing I've "lost" is my $500 driving prescription glasses!!

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Every. single. day. And it usually ends up right under our noses.

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Absolutely.. when things go missing even though I am not catholic I pray to St Anthony the finder of lost things.. so one day I am sitting in my family room and I was messing with my birthstone stud earring that I have had for like 40 years..my ear was itchy and it came out .. with that I lost it in the chair.. I shook out my blanket moved the recliner I undid the tacking in the bottom pulled everything apart nothing it was lost. I prayed to St Anthony and nothing.. I was so upset but what can you do.. A MONTH or so goes by and I am upstairs in my master bathroom and I am vacuuming the little rug in front of the tub... which I had vacuumed several times over the month and I see something fly out of the rug.. my earring!! Ok 1- I lost it downstairs 2 I was still upset a month later and was going to buy another style of stud but wasn’t thrilled and 3 it should not have been upstairs in the bathroom rug after a month!! I think St Anthony just was on vacation and came back a month later and gave it back as he found it!! Gotta believe..

Either that or Kayla always look in the last place first to find the item!! Glad your daughter found them even if it was the next morning!!

KarenB and bellbird like this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm quite organized, but there are times when I forget where I've cleverly stashed something.

For the most part, though, I can put my hands on whatever is needed. I'm a "place for everything/everything in its place" kind of gal. :)

KarenB likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

It's always so nice to find what was lost, so I'm glad she found the markers.

As for me, I lose everything. I'm particularly good at losing my phone around my house. :-/

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I hate losing things. I get that from my dad. He hates when anyone loses anything. Whenever someone here loses something, DH will say "Dave, help us!" He means me (Dave is my dad's name lol). Anyway, I don't lose things often, but I thought of this thread because tonight I couldn't find my heating pad. (Tiling a floor has killed my back.) It wasn't where I usually keep it, so DH and I looked all over because sometimes DS takes it (and DS never puts stuff back). Turns out I had put it in a safe spot: the cute little wicker chest I just bought and am using as a side table to hold extra pillows and throws for the sofas! Once we found it I remembered putting it there because I figured DS wouldn't look there for it. I hid it so well that even I had trouble finding it. Sigh.

bellbird likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm a bit like Cheryl, everything has a place, but other people in the family seem to not put things back where they should be, that's when we have problems - DD is the main offender & seriously she could have an elephant in her room & she wouldnt be able to find it, her organisation style is everything is somewhere on the floor! :madness

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I do run in to this problem around Xmas, I've always been better at hiding than seeking & some times I'm too creative at hiding what I've bought in advance & spend half of December's gift wrapping time looking for stuff!

Tree City likes this.
  11. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I am fairly organised so don't lose things often. But when I do, it's usually because I've put them away so carefully that I can't remember where :giggle

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Normally I don't lose things... but last night I was working on some watercolor flowers for some thank you cards I was making and i had my phone propped up right in front of my face because I was referencing a painting on Pinterest. I wanted to take a picture of my progress and couldn't find my phone. Ugh! I looked through the house for a couple minutes before I realized it was right in front of my face. Bwhahahah! :giggle :rofl

bellbird likes this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am also usually very good. Its the thing of hiding XYZ cause people are coming around. Then I can't find whatever and it isn't where I used it last.
    I am the finder of everything else in the house though. Nothing is lost until Mamma can't find it.

bellbird likes this.
  14. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I moved from Pittsburgh to Sarasota, Florida and have only been in my new home for a week and a half. I can’t find anything!

bellbird likes this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Me: Hmmm... I wonder where X is? [spends time looking] DD/DS, did you take X and do something with it? [finds X in wrong place where it was left by DD or DS] SIGH.

DS: Mom! I can't find X! I looked in my room/the basement/the car! I need it! Help me find it! Now! [I find X exactly where I said it was or where it's supposed to be. SIGH.]

DD: Oh, I looked for X but I couldn't find it. *shrugs* [Did you look here? There?] MOOOM! I can't look everywhere all the time! I got distraaaaaaaacted! I forgoooooooot! [I find X in plain eyesight wherever I've suggested she look. SIGH.] Soooooooooorrry that I can't be as good as you at finding things, Moooooom!

bellbird likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Bwahaha it's funny b/c it's so relatable !

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So yes, there is that missing cabinet handle that fell off and I put in a safe spot years and years ago. Then other things go missing all the time. What is really frustrating is that sometimes I see things but can't remember where it is. Or I think maybe I saw something but can't pull back the memory -- must be age.

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I forget things, I lose things, I just can’t help it....I’ve always been that way.

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

My life is hours of looking for lost items until I give up buy it again and find it the next day or two.

20. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

All. The. Time. All the time, to the point that's scary.