July 2019 - My (Not So) Perfect Life

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, May 28, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This one is a great summer read! :)

Like I've been doing the last couple of times, I am posting the next few months (June -September) all at once, so we can all get these books on hold at our libraries in time. :) The book we will be reading for July 2019 is My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella. Please label spoilers or even type them in white like I just did right here(highlight that blank space) so that a person has to highlight it to read it.

[​IMG]

2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Looks like this one is first available in my library- so I'm off to grab it! :D

Karen likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I read this and absolutely loved it!!!

Karen likes this.
  4. Karen

me too! :) But I am totally biased! I love everything by Sophie Kinsella. I just got another one by her... I Owe You One, but I'm saving it because I keep them for after a particularly hard read when I need something light and easy. :agree

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I’ve read all her books but hadn’t heard of this one. I’ll see if our library has it. Her books are just so much fun to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen likes this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Just reserved it.

Karen likes this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

In LARGE PRINT!!!!!!

Karen and KellyM like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I just reserved the audio book from the library.

Karen likes this.
  9. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Off to reserve it too! Need a great book! Just finished What the Winds Knows - SO GOOD! I’m sad it over :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Karen

I have that on my to-read list too. I read another book by this author and loved it! I'm so bummed that my library doesn't have the one your just finished. I might have to actually {gasp} buy it! :giggle

11. Karen

I just went to check the price on Amazon and I had already purchased it in February. Lol! @KellyM

12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I guess I'm reading this one first since it's available for download today.

Karen likes this.
  13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Well, that was quick! >>>>My first time reading a book by this author. It was an easy-to-read and hard to put down book! I never lost interest in the story and I was surprised that I finished so fast. I couldn't believe when Cat was fired and felt really bad when she had to move back home. Her treatment of Demeter at the camp was hysterical! I'm really glad she did the right thing and really glad that Demeter gave her a second chance. Plus, Katie and Alex worked things out and it seems like everyone is going to live happily ever after.<<<<

14. Karen

Yep, yep and yep! Totally agree with your review Donna. I love how easy her books are to read and they are also easy to get into. maybe spoiler>>> I loved how she treated Demeter at the camping place too. <<< end spoiler. Hee hee!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i started this too - i'm about 50 pages in - she's so much easier to read or maybe it's just she rambles in run on sentences like me :blush

Karen likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

ok i put this down for a while before but it was easy once i got back into it & i still love her style and plot/journey, not my fave of her books so far but close- the rest in white
    this one didn't quite turn out the way i thought though- i kind of wanted Katie to actually work for the opposition at the end and still maintain a long distance rel/ship with Alex for a bit but i am also glad Demeter convinced Adrian to give her a go after the undercover work she went to at the bar.
    i also thought the flatmate with the protein powder or whatever it was in the start would have reappeared towards the end as it sounded like he would have got along great with her Dad and his mate that kept trying to sell them deals and maybe have him selling protein powder at the glamping place or that he'd reappear and end up as BFF's with the guy that did maintainence on the glamping sight that kept propositioning Katie (i think his name was Steve?!)
    I did think the Vidari or whatever the mud yoga and hessian sack stuff was called was the highlight of the book but i can't imagine anyone being as forgiving as Demeter after all that - I did like Biddy & Dad trying to be more loving of London on their visit at the end
    -END

17. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I really loved this one...it is a fun read =)

bellbird and Karen like this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I was afraid this would be too 'chick lit' for me, but in the end I enjoyed it a lot. Good summer read.

Karen and bellbird like this.
  19. Karen

I think that almost every time I read the synopsis of her books and every time I'm sucked in as usual. She has a way of making the silly stories just so funny and easy to read! :agree