Sorta new here but 5th year of doing project life

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by klweber2002, Dec 27, 2018.

1. klweber2002

klweber2002 New Member

Hi
    I joined here a few yrs ago. But then my laptop crashed and I did my project life on becky higgins project life app. But with the new upgrades of the free form text I can now add other journal cards. I also gifted myself a 12.9 ipad pro to use as my main laptop and I'll be using affinity to do some non project life pages.. Waiting patiently for it to get here.
    But this year I subscribed to the memory pockets monthly. I love just using cards and a few embellishments on my pages.
    Kris

Scrapping with Liz and bestcee like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi Kris! Welcome!
    Do you do other scrapping too or stick to Project Life?
    Any tips to stay caught up? 5 years is amazing!!

And I hope you love MPM (Memory Pockets Monthly) - I know I do!

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Kris and welcome to TLP! I started with the Becky Higgin's PL App, too, and used it for a couple of years. I love the variety that's available using my computer and the great Pocket Pages templates and Journal Cards that are available here!

4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Hi Kris and welcome!
    I too want all your tips and tricks to stay on top of it for 5 years! I don't believe I have ever finished.
    How do you do it?

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Kris, and welcome to the Lilypad! We have a pretty active PL group of scrappers here at the Pad, I'm sure you will find lots of inspiration and fun sharing your pages!

6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Hi Kris! welcome to The Lily Pad.
    I have been doing Project Life since 2009 and the only year I did not complete all my pages was 2016 which I plan on catching up on this coming year because for 2019 I am only going to do monthly double pages instead of weekly.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Kris and welcome to TLP! You will love MPM! I am currently finishing up my 6th year of PL and trying to decide how to go in to the new year. Enjoy that new iPad and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

8. klweber2002

klweber2002 New Member

Hello
    I'm so excited about 2019.
    What I do for my project life is I use the becky higgins project life app. I love it. It's what works for me. They say use what's in your hands to take pictures, my phone is in my pocket or hands. So it makes sense to me to scrapbook with what's in my hands. I like that I can take a picture, fix it in snapseed or with pic tap go in the pl app, drag and drop my photo in my template, and now I can upload journal cards from other places, and with the free form text, I can journal on them.
    You can order prints or a photobook from the app but the photobook is only 60 pages and expensive. So I set up a photobook in shutterfly on my computer and upload the pages to the storybook every Sunday. Or try to. I like the layflat books.
    I have one year that I did a blurb book on there website, it's not in the project life format, but it has weekly photos on each page. Life was busy and messy. And honestly that all I could do.
    So that's what works for me. I'm single, not home allot, work two part time jobs, and live on a ranch. So with a project this size I need structure. I love that I can scrapbook at the doctor's office, on my lunch break, in the pickup while at the ranch, on vacations or road trips or lay in bed or on the couch snuggled up and watching tv. I just wish my phone screen was bigger.

berniek, IntenseMagic and bestcee like this.
  9. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Welcome to TLP Kris! I love using MPM for my pocket pages! I have completed 7 years counting from 2012 to 2018! I am still so in love my this type of memory keeping and have kept up by setting time for it a couple days a week and trying not to be too far behind! I can’t wait to see your pages here.

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Welcome Kris!

That is so great that you've been doing PL for 5 years! This will be year 7 for me... BUT, I still have two weeks to finish up for 2017 and somehow 2018 completely came off the rails around May... sigh. Looking forward to a fresh start in January as PL is my favorite project!

Can't wait to see your pages in the gallery!!

11. louell74

louell74 New Member

Hi I have been doing PL for 2 years but went back and did a couple of previous years. I do it traditionally with a couple of hybrid and digital spreads thrown in how do you make the transition to digital? whilst I am not up to date - have July to do (I do it monthly) I like physical product still x

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there! I'm not a Project Lifer (I bow down to those of you that are that committed to documenting and memorykeeping!) and I'm not sure if any of the digi PL'ers on the team here started as paper and transitioned but I'll tag them and we'll ask them @tkradtke @IntenseMagic @Mrivas @dailydwelling

Also I think Elif of Sahin Design might have some CT members that use her digital products in a hybrid way that might have transitioned from paper PL from what I've seen on instagram so she would be a good person to ask as well ( @esahin )

Mrivas likes this.
  13. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I've always been digital but I agree with Justine, you can go hybrid to be able to use the digital products.

bellbird likes this.
  14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

@louell74 I'm not sure that I'm much help... I'm also a fully digital PLer who never did paper. I did do a few small hybrid pocket projects though. I have heard of people doing a digital 12x12 PL spread and either printing the whole spread and adding physical embellishments or cutting up the finished digital page to put into pockets (adding physical embellishments at that time if they wanted to). I think there are a lot of different ways to make the transition and find what works for you!

bellbird likes this.
  15. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Welcome Kris!

16. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I am a fully digital PLer as well. I've always been digital, so I can't offer a lot of advice on transitioning from traditional to digital. I do see a lot of hybrid Project Lifers. I think Elif of Sahlin Designs would be a great place to start looking. Also, Liz of Paislee Press. Their journal cards are perfect for using either hybrid or digitally.

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You might get a few more responses if you start a different thread with a title about Physical and digital? Are you wanting to do all digital? Or are you wanting to still do hybrid?

PL is what started my digital journey. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up digitally. So, I started with Photoshop Elements, and one digi kit. I still did my other pages in paper....until I realized that I would be happier doing it all digital because the paper didn't fit in my life at the time. So, I donated most of my paper stuff, and just do digital now. I have some of the things that I use for cards or kids crafts. But I got rid of anything that I didn't still love or didn't fit my style.

Storage: I have an album that has both digital and paper pages in it, right next to each other.

louell74 likes this.
  18. louell74

louell74 New Member

Thanks everyone I have kind of dipped my toe in hybrid, and digital but never committed, I have bought lots of digital product but print it out and use it. I watch various PL'ers and their process always looks polished QUICK and easy I realise this is likely down to good editing:) love the options of the MPM and subscribe I hope to learn and get loads of inspiration, thanks for the responses and the creativity xx