Best Place to print cards?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My Pastor at my church asked for my help on a creative project (funny he'd come to me :giggle ) He wants to get a bunch (100+) of cards printed for things like hospital visits or sympathy cards and he wants to use a picture of our church or our stained glass window and customize them with a scripture verse to make the cards more personal. My question is, where is the best place to get those types of cards printed as far as quality and of course making it economical? I've done Shutterfly once a long time ago and like them, but I'll just assume they are expensive? Anyone else order cards anywhere else that you could recommend?

cfile likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Karen have you tried like office depot or staples.. something like that... I have in the past did Wedding Invitations.. I did the invitation and sent the jpg file to the bride and groom and they took it to office depot to get printed. If it is all one sided like a postcard you can get several on one sheet (at least 4) and it would be economical .. all you would need to do is use a paper cutter to cut them.

Karen likes this.
  3. Karen

Oh! I hadn't thought of that! Good idea! I'll add them to my list of places to price out. Thanks! :agree

cfile likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

What a lovely idea, and how great he asked you to help out! :) I thought of artscow.com, which I've used for canvas prints and for small scrapbook albums for my kids. They have cards, but I've never made any so I can't personally say what they're like. (Also, it's great that your pastor wants to make something personal ... it's also interesting that I must have been writing out my Handwritten Notes Pad Patter as you posted this question. It seems we both have correspondence on the brain! :giggle

Karen likes this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I print cards through White House Custom Colour. Love them. But I haven't printed any blank ones to write in though. Their quality and pricing is good... and 2 day shipping is always included.

SeattleSheri and Karen like this.
  6. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I have an app on my phone "Touch Note" that I can take images and turn them into postcards complete with message on the back. You could upload the picture of your church and then when needed just adjust the sentiment and personal note (verse of scripture etc.). They then print them on heavy duty, glossy card stock and mail it for you! I don't know what your budget is, but with the cost of mailing I found it isn't too pricey.

I also like to send pictures of my scrapbook pages to my grandkids (like from their birthdays) or family members that couldn't be there at the time (I scrap 8 1/2 x 11 so they fit nicely). You just have to make sure there isn't any small journaling on it....it would be to hard to read on a postcard. Also, I have sent birthday cards to my twin sister with old photo of us on them.

I believe they come in an envelope, so no need to worry about others reading their messages...but you might double check if interested.

Karen likes this.
  7. Karen

I printed my very first batch of 12x12 layouts with them back in like 2006. They were really nice quality! I'll check out their cards prices!

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What an honor that he asked you to help Karen. Check Walgreens. I've gotten my Christmas cards printed there for years and they have just about anything you'd want. You could put a picture of the church on the card (upload from your files) and then personalize it however you want.

Karen likes this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I used Staples for our my daughter's graduation cards and for wedding rehearsal dinner invitations. I was really pleased with the quality. I used the flat options but I would think the folded cards would work well too. The quality was much better than Costco, which I had used for previous flat cards.

Karen likes this.
  10. Karen

I did lots of pricing yesterday and it looks like Staples is the cheapest for both making copies and folding myself AND for just having them do the full on cards. I think I will do a couple samples and see what they like! Vistaprint is a close 2nd too, so if I don't like the quality of Staples, I'll try them next. Thanks everyone! :)

BevG likes this.
  11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I use WHCC exclusively for my cards and prints. I love their quality and customer service and find their pricing to be competitive, but probably not the very cheapest. They will actually call me if they think I need to adjust the margins, etc (even though I always leave a 1/4" bleed).

Karen likes this.
  12. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I'm not sure about their card pricing, but I know Vistaprint does cards.

Karen likes this.