Labor or Rest | 9.2.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenevang, Sep 2, 2019.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

So... it's Labor Day here in the US and my husband takes it literally :rofl

The kids are out from school so he expects them to be working in the yard... and me to be doing deep cleaning around the house all day :hide (so we usually spend a good bit of the day avoiding him :giggle )

If you are off from school and/or works today... are you resting or "laboring"?

umyesh likes this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Haha! We will be resting but then being retired we can do that most days. lol

Juliestcyr likes this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Par-tay!!!!! We will be having family over and we'll be chowing down on Steaks and Shrimp, playing Jack Box TV and drinking. :)

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I thought my DH was going to have to work today, but he didn't, and now he's here under my feet lol. I'm just finishing up some laundry and not doing much else at all. Got the lawn mowed Friday and we've got a guy coming to take down 2 trees in a couple of weeks, so I'll wait until after to do any more yard clean up. I do have to run to the store for cat food because the cats are hangry and driving me crazy. Mostly, I hoping to get some scrapping done and maybe a nap and dinner on the grill :)

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Our oldest DD and family are here - they live in the direct path of Hurricane Dorian, so they headed over here to the west coast last Friday. They aren't staying with us, but they're in a beautiful high rise on Fort Myers Beach so we've been spending a lot of time together. We go there or they come here. We're heading over to the beach later this afternoon and going to dinner. Hopefully, it doesn't rain - which it's been doing plenty of - off and on.

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Just a normal Monday here. All the males in my family went off to Dragon Con in Atlanta so we are still doing Girl Time. The college girl is home with me. And we made 4 kinds of homemade ice cream on Saturday. Love it, but am trying not to eat a bunch and undo all the healthy eating I have been doing.
    :hammock

7. ellasspace

ellasspace But I still wear the red nose for fun

Playing for sure, I tend to take holidays and weekends as a literal day off lol

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've been working super duper hard at scrapbooking! :giggle I did work out this morning, but that's the most work I've done. Lol.

9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It’s labor for us. We’ve had a soccer tournament this weekend and we’re doing some house projects this weekend too. No rest for the wicked...

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We did a little bit of both. We had some school work to catch up on, I did some extra chores and my hubby worked on some little things around the house that needed to be done. Then we went to a BBQ to rest and play.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol, we didn't have a public holiday but I laboured in the garden & reported some succulents that had gone berserk with DS (so today is a rest day!)

12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

We rested, except for we stayed at a cabin with extended family and the kids all decided to get up way too early haha

13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

We worked on the powder room reno. That was supposed to be basically our whole day, but DS had to go to urgent care. He's fine (or rather, not contagious), but I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to take him to the pediatrician because tomorrow is the first day of school. We did work on the reno but definitely not as much as I thought we would. But I'm glad that urgent care and the pharmacy were open today!

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Today was mostly a rest day. I did a couple of loads of laundry, did some mending, but then caught up on some YouTube videos in my watch list, read, took a nap, and then DH and I cooked dinner together.

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My Labor Day was spent both laboring and resting. I usually have a 6 or 8 hour shift in the box office on Mondays so it was nice to have a day off from that.

I spent hours on a journaling project. I'm copying my blog posts into my Day One journal. Work? Play? I'd say both.

I also made a scrapbook page. I can't share it here though because I used 100% non-TLP products from my old digistash (mostly Kimerick Creations, who is sadly missed in the digiscrap world and was one of my all time favorites because of her colorful kits). I'm very pleased to have made another scrapbook page. According to my Photoshop home page it had been 18 days since my previous page. I'm still struggling to make up my mind about how I want to scrap since I realized at the end of last year that I don't want to produce a big, heavy 250 page 12x12 album every year. That, and the fact that I have a new job, has severely reduced my scrapping this year. And I miss it -- both the scrapping and the greater amount of time I used to spend here in the forum with all of you. :love

I also started the day with a 3 mile walk with a friend around a lake and through the woods in a local park. Again, it was kind of laborious, but mostly fun.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

The kids were sick all weekend so I did all my resting and doing-nothing Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday I made two meals, did three loads of laundry, washed dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and got them ready to go to school today. If it had been an ordinary weekend, I probably would have rested yesterday... at the beach!

17. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Labor day was definitely labor for me! We are going through a basement renovation and have a HUGE dumpster in our driveway that we want to take advantage of. My husband and I spent hours and hours going through everything looking for dump-worthy items. It was satisfying to be done with, but it's literally one of my least favorite activities ever, lol!