I FOUND SOME!!! TN page protectors

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Karen, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited! I was cleaning out my emails this morning and almost didn't even look at my daily "here are some pins you might like" email from Pinterest. I wasn't looking very clearly, but I saw something that looked like page protectors for the Traveler's Notebook size, so I clicked through and low and behold Freckled Fawn makes some actual standard sized sleeves so you can just print your page and slide them in! I generally just print mine and stick them in my regular notebook insert, but there have definitely been times I'd wished for this type of product and I know I'm not alone, so I had to post it here! :)

[​IMG]

mcurtt, busywoman139 and jenn mccabe like this.
  2. Karen

These might solve your scrapping out of order problem @GlazeFamily3 :)

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OMG - I'm glad you clicked - that is awesome news! These look fabulous!!!!

Karen likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Can I just say I love the excitement we all have for scrapping? I don't scrap TN size, but even I had to click on this thread cuz I know there have been a few people interested in these. YAY for Pinterest finding them for you and yay for actually reading that email! :giggle

Karen and busywoman139 like this.
  5. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Wow.. love these... I'm obsessed with this size as well... mostly for note-taking. Great find!

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

I may or may not have ordered a set to play with. :banana

mcurtt, Cherylndesigns and Tree City like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the link, Karen! I'll probably be getting some of these in the future.

Karen likes this.
  8. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

Those are really neat. I like that they are still thin.

Have you see the Life Crafted albums from Citrus Twist. They are TN size binders with page protectors. Personally I think they are to thick. The thinness of TN is what I like. Still the teal album is so pretty.

gracielou and Karen like this.
  9. Karen

No! I hadn't seen these, so thank you for posting here! I'm so happy there are finally some options for scrappers using the TN size! :) I love the versatility of a 3 ring binder! Just like the one that Elif showed how to make yourself on her blog last week! @esahin You could make one the size and thickness you like and put those page protectors in there!

10. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

You can also find them, along with really cute binders, on the citrus twist kits website. I use this size now and love it. I've been switching my PL to TN and it's been fun.

11. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have read through the entire thread before posting. These are the albums I've been using and they are gorgeous!!

12. Karen

:giggle! I'm still glad to have you guys posting these products. :agree

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@Karen That TN insert by Freckled Fawn is PERFECT for what I have been looking for. I just didn't want to print out my pages and then have to glue them into the notebook. Did anyone ever tell you that you were an enabler???

Karen likes this.
  14. mcurtt

@Karen Okay, you got me thinking. Have you ever thought of folding horizontally & trimming off the side holes of an 8.5 x 11 standard sheet protector? Your opening (after you trimmed off the holes) would be a the top of your page. You'd still have to trim off some of the extra length and then fuse or sew that edge closed. And then you could stack a few of these together with a pretty cover and sew or staple them in the middle for a cute insert. *** I know @jenevang has handmade her inserts, and I'm pretty sure she has sewn them. :-) So now my question is what weight paper would you all use for a cover? The enthusiasm is building!!!

*** Each page of a standard page protector would yield 4 TN layouts!!!

15. mcurtt

16. Karen

Marilyn... great minds think alike. I absolutely thought of doing the same thing... I even have the fuse tool in my cart at Amazon. I even pulled some of my page protectors out to play around with them. I didn't think about sewing the center together, but that would work too. The only thing is that the ones from Freckled Fawn are 4.5" width to give a little extra room for a 4.25" wide sheet to slide in and if you used a page protector you'd have slight less than 4.25" width. You could easily just trim a bit more off the pieces of paper to get them to slide in.

I'm going to see how much I use the Freckled Fawn ones, which I received by the way and they are gorgeous!!! And if I keep using them, I'll see about making some with page protectors unless I can't live without the FF ones. :agree

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  17. Karen

:giggle sorry? :giggle

18. mcurtt

@Karen, when folded exactly in half, the width of your insert would be 5 1/2 inches, half of 11 inches. I figured I could fold at 4 1/4 inches to allow for some wiggle room and then trim and fuse. You could pretty much match up the size to what you wanted up to MOL 5 1/2 inches. Have you used your fuse tool? People say it requires practice to get it right... Oops... I see that you have it in your Amazon cart. I wonder if anyone out there has a fuse tool and has suggestions for us?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  19. Cherylndesigns

This is a fantastic idea, Marilyn!!! I probably have some of these page protectors around here!

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

I love the ingenuity that a bunch of scrappers have!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Karen and mcurtt like this.