Pizza Fast Five | Pad Patter 8.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 23, 2019.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

It's Friday. I want pizza for dinner. So....

1. What toppings are your favorite? Cheese and more cheese. If I'm making my own, I'll add fresh spinach & mushrooms.
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? Restaurant variety - and slip off the toppings and only eat them. I don't eat grains.
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? My go-to is an almond flour crust. I have made a cauliflower crust but it is more time consuming since you have to rice the cauliflower and then saute it slightly. Both have eggs in them, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian spices. The almond flour crust also has cream cheese in it. The cheese & eggs act as binders so you can work with the dough.
    (I've been hearing fabulous things about cauliflower crust, and I saw a zucchini crust recently) or
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust? Other than what I mentioned above.
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? Before I stopped eating grains, I loved me some deep dish. The grain-free home-made crusts are more of the thin variety.
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)? I'm not sure I like it, but when we were in Venice, Italy, we had pizza a few times. The most unusual ingredient was potatoes, so we tried it. It looked like a tomato based sauce with french fries on the top. I wish I had taken a photo of it. LOL.

I've made pizza with asparagus and raw egg. By the time it was baked, the egg was cooked. That really was yummy, with a white sauce instead of a tomato sauce.

And, of course,
    Does pineapple belong on a pizza? There was a place called Happy Joe's that we went to years ago. They had Canadian bacon and pineapple. I remember ordering it more than once.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We had pizza for dinner last night. I only get it every month or two so it's a great treat and I always pig out.

1. What toppings are your favorite? pepperoni, sausage, bacon, peppers and sometimes pineapple
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? I only order from Dominos.
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? I only get gluten free for me, hubs like a regular or stuffed crust. If making my own, I make a cauli crust in the oven. I just got a cauli recipe for a cast iron pan fried crust that I want to try out soon.
    (I've been hearing fabulous things about cauliflower crust, and I saw a zucchini crust recently)
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust? hubs likes cheese stuffed crust
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? thin for me b/c that's the only way they make the GF crust
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)? I sometimes like a mediterranean crust with olives, peppers, feta, beef and capers.

And, of course,
    Does pineapple belong on a pizza?
    I like pineapple on my pizza but I don't always get it, maybe 1/3 of the time. I have to be in the mood for it.

3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

1. What toppings are your favorite?
    I typically get Pepperoni, Black Olives, and Pineaples.

2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked?
    It's Pizza - who cares where it's from or cooked?? :lol

3a. Favorite alternative crust?
    I've never tried one.
    (I've been hearing fabulous things about cauliflower crust, and I saw a zucchini crust recently) or

3b. Favorite Flavored crust?
    In an Italian family, there's only one flavor: Garlic

4.Thin crust or Deep Dish?
    I like a more ready crust, but not deep dish - too greasy.

5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)?
    Well, I am one of the absolutely most hated group of people: Those who like Pineapple on their Pizza. I will NEVER understand the hate of it. It's sweet, and combined with Pepperoni, you have that sweet and salty. It's like Popcorn and Chocolate bars - it's YUMMY!!!

:attention:attention:attention:attention:attentionAnd I'm not ashamed to say it: I love Pineapple on Pizza!!!!!!

And, of course,
    Absofrickenlutely!!!!!! :attention:attention:attention:attention:attention

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

1. What toppings are your favorite? Pepperoni and cheese
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? Prefer ordering, but will eat frozen
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? Nope
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust? Garlic butter
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? Thin or hand tossed
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)? I'm a pretty plain pizza girl, so I don't think I have anything that would surprise anyone.

And, of course,
    Does pineapple belong on a pizza? Meh. I'm not convinced. I've had it but it wasn't my fave.

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@bestcee You must have been wandering around in my head the past several days. Thought about ordering one since Tuesday!
    Pepperoni, mushroom, onion, black olives, sun dried tomatoes, & pineapple. :perfect
    Don't have a good pizza place here in small town USA, prefer "New York Style" when we can get it which isn't often unless we travel to a big SC city. Venus Pie is our fav all time place in this state. Slices are HUGE! and under $4.00!
    Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.JPG

348s.jpg
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? :hummmNO! Some things need to stay original. :peekin
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust?As long as its crispy I'm game!
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish?Thin. Crispy or NY style( which is crispy on the bottom but still fold-able).
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)?
    IDK?
    And YES, pineapple is welcome on my pie!!! :D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    bestcee likes this.
  6. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

1. What toppings are your favorite? Italian sausage or pepperoni with pineapple
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? Both but have been experimenting with grilled pizza this summer!
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? n/a
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust? Italian seasoning and garlic on my grilled pizzas
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? I love bread so....thick with lots of marinara
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)? I am pretty traditional.....I did however visit a Shakey's Pizza in Tokyo (My husband and I had our first date at a Shakey's here in Colorado). They have some very strange toppings....bananas, calamari, corn and even tuna (luckily not on the same pizza). I did enjoy some MoJo Potatoes though!

And, of course,
    Yes!!!!

7. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Jumping in a bit late but pizza is near and dear to me so...:)
    1. What toppings are your favorite? Chicken/bacon/pineapple, or taco pizza
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? Store baked - pizza bakes best at higher temps
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? I haven't tried one yet!
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust? garlic Asiago, if I do a thicker crust
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? Prefer thin crust
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)? Not sure

And, of course,
    Does pineapple belong on a pizza? YES - see #1!

Re: Blaze pizza - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their White Top! White sauce, mozz, bacon, garlic, oregano, (add mushroom) and topped with arugula. SO YUM!

And lastly, I'll share that growing up, money was very tight in a single mom/2 kids household. Fortunately, my mom worked for a Pizza Hut regional office so dinner consisted of pizza at least twice weekly! You would think that I'd be sick of it after 10 years of that but....nope! :) :)

Attached Files:

8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

1. What toppings are your favorite? Veggies
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? Either way - we make our own, sometimes we'll even do frozen pizza and then we'll go out every once in a while for pizza. We used to have a favorite restaurant in town that made delicious pizza...they closed and we just don't go out as much for pizza anymore.
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? Meh, I've tried cauliflower...
    3b. Favorite Flavored crust? Garlic/Butter
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? That's a tough one. I really like both!
    5. What topping do you like that might be odd to others (other countries, other people, anyone else)? I don't think I have any. Funny story though. When we traveled to China we went to Pizza Hut just to get some "American" food. The only 'normal to us' pizza they had beside cheese pizza was Hawaiian. So we got the Hawaiian because we didn't want plain cheese...first time in my life I had ever tried it. I loved it and so did my older girl that were with us. LOL!

So, that's a yes to pineapple on pizza.

9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. What toppings are your favorite? Mushroom or black olives
    2. Do you like to buy the heat at home or store baked? I am strictly a restaurant pizza eater though when I was raving my chicks I used to make bagel or English muffin pizzas a lot since I could make sheet pan batches.
    3a. Favorite alternative crust? LOL...plain white flour for me, no alternatives at my fave pizza place (Ledo's)
    4.Thin crust or Deep Dish? thin crust - I tried deep dish in Chicago and was overwhelmed by the volume

And, of course,
    Does pineapple belong on a pizza? NEVAH!

10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My favorite type is a margherita pizza but I rarely get it. We always get pepperoni as that is all that my one kid will eat. My other kid would prefer that his pizza be just sauce & crust :duh but will choke down plain cheese.

There's a great local pizza place just up the street from my kids' school so on Fridays, I order carry-out while I'm still at work, pick up my kids, & then pick up the pizza before we head home. During the summer when they were at the babysitter's, we got DiGiornio from the store.

3a. Favorite alternative crust?
    The Caulipower brand of frozen pizzas isn't bad.

I don't "get" flavored crust. Just give me my pizza, mmkay?

4.Thin crust or Deep Dish?
    It depends on the brand/store whether we get thin or regular/original. I'm not sure I could handle deep dish, and I know my kids couldn't.

I don't do odd food, in general, so I definitely don't have any odd toppings.

And, of course,

The Howie Maui from the Hungry Howie's chain has pineapple and is BOMB.