What should I expect of a biopsy? NEW UPDATE #67

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Aug 6, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

thinking of you dear Dalis! you got this - and we are here to support you! wishing you some sleep tonight. :beat

2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'll be praying for you!!! :bk

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

They were able to do the left breast without any problems, but they can't reach the right side. Their recommendation is to not do anything for 6 months. I don't think I can do anything in 6 months. I will go crazy in 6 months! Seriously, WTH????? I am frustrated and in discomfort. We did an ultrasound, an MRI and a mammogram everything one right after the other. I am exhausted.

cinderella and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I am so sorry to read this. I agree waiting is CRAP! I have had a needle biopsy a coulpe years ago, so can't remember all the details. I think the numbing injection was painful more so than the biopsy. They screwed up a little with mine too. The margins were inclusive so they had to do another biopsy. Hang in there! Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way!

Dalis likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah... I'd say a big heck no to waiting. How are they going to be able to reach it any better in 6 months? I'm sorry you have this added stress and can't say that the biopsies are done now. :(

Dalis likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

They want you to wait?! Ugh. How frustrating and just...stressful! I had 3 small spots on my right breast that seemed to follow the duct. They made me wait 6 months for a follow-up mammo and u/s to see if they changed size or disappeared. I can't say I know exactly what you're going through, but I do know that those 6 months were stressful.

Like Karen asked, what will be different in 6 months? Did they give you any info as to what may happen in that time?

Dalis likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh my goodness!!!! I would be in the loony bin in 6 months! This is so hard to believe, Dalis!! The medical profession just kills me - "oh, go home and wait for 6 months and then we'll do it". Who do they think we are, Wonder Woman? I always hate that "attitude" - don't they know we're going crazy over it, anyway????? I'm SO sorry. Sending gentle hugs and lots and lots of love.

Dalis likes this.
  8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Seriously? Well, I wouldn't have left without them finishing the job, but then that's just me. I'm so sorry!!!!! Maybe find another place to do it? I'd be going nutso, too. Hugs, sweetie!

Dalis likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yikes - I am so sorry that happened to you! I'd be going crazy too. The only thing I can say is wait for the results of the one breast and if that is good news (I'm sure it will be Dalis) then you can probably breath a little easier - hold onto that thought OK? :beat & they are gonna rescan/image in 6 months right? Not just go in for a biopsy first? It's never easy when a procedure doesn't go the way you want it to. I'm so so so sorry this turned out this way for you hun, we know how hard this was to even have to deal with at all. :heartslub

Dalis likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

well yeah, wouldn't everyone go crazy waiting and thinking about it that long!? when do you get the results from what they did do?

Dalis likes this.
  11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I would most definitely consider consulting someone else. I'm not an expert, but not being able to reach an area doesn't seem reasonable for delaying an evaluation for 6 months. What's going to change about your breast shape in the next 6 months that will change that? I would most definitely insist on an alternative. I'm not saying this because I think there is something wrong, but because I don't think it's fair to you to have to wait and worry for that long! Hopefully the results you get from your tests are all good and you can put this behind you! Big hugs!

redplaid3 and Dalis like this.
  12. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Praying for you, sweets. :heartlub

Dalis likes this.
  13. Dalis

No they didn't, just another MRI. My breast clinic expert said that if I am not happy with that to keep pushing.

AJK, bellbird and Tree City like this.
  14. Dalis

Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Sara and bellbird like this.
  15. Dalis

That's my point, before the 6 months is over I would need to be back in my depression medication... I don't want that!!!! I have been dealing so good for the last few years, using my coping mechanisms because it's up to me... but this is not up to me which I am sure will throw me over the line.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  16. Dalis

btw. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR WORRYING AND REPLYING HERE.... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJK, Karen, Sara and 3 others like this.
  17. Dalis

OMG, my boobie is so bruised but I am almost pain free! I told hubby today that my boobie looks like it had a fight with a bigger badder opponent. Hubby replied, "nope, honey I bet the opponent is is WAAAAY worse shape!" I seriously love that man!

bonnenuit, Karen, Sara and 1 other person like this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Good to hear that you're almost pain free. What a great thing for him to say!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Dalis likes this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hugs - gently - and lots of love. Being relatively pain free is a big exhale!

Dalis likes this.
  20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Medical issues can be exasperating. I haven't had any but had to( still am) deal with hubster's. Last visit to VA center he was told, like you, to wait for 6 months to "see if his thyroid issue went away"=WHAT? after 1 1/2 years already?? I can empathize with your consternation. I would push for clarity and maybe another opinion. At any rate, a prayer for peace of mind and a good report going up now for you.

Dalis likes this.