Monthly Muse August'19 Week 2**closed

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello!!!! Apologies I kinda disappeared again, had a relly bad week health wise, the weekend was worse, will try catch up with everyone asap!
    If you want to look at Week 1 to have a bit more of an idea of what my inspiration for this month is, you can read here:
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/monthly-muse-august19-week1.65169/

For this week, I would like you to show me something of your EVERYDAY - OUTSIDE.
    In my page, I reproduced in digital what I had done hand drawn for my journal, the prompt was to show "a walk in images or objects", but you can take whatever avenue your mind takes you. You can go with whatever you want, take inspiration from colors, the type of composition, the big tittle, anything you want, something of your everyday (familiar, often, no need to be "everyday" literally) outside/ outdoors.
    As usual with the Muse, this is to inspire you.
    You don't need to follow exactly what I made
    (unless you want to!)
    here is my digital page:
    [​IMG]

and here is the hand drawn page in my journal
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_e41_72.jpg

Hope you have fun with these!!! I ll be catching up with week one in a bit!!!!
    Thanks for playing with us!!!

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

So amazing! I hope you feel better, I've missed you so much!

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Your journal pages are absolutely amazing, My Sister!! I'm so sorry you have these problems. You're working on them and that's the important thing. Your pages are so inspiring. I've been so happy to see you getting out though - I know how difficult it is for you. Love you lots. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

5. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Our property from the road... We live in a brown modified salt box style home in the woods, have a split rail fence around the property, our red car in the driveway, lots of birds, deer, squirrels, other wildlife. It is really pretty idyllic.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, Smwhite and wvsandy like this.
  7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Oh Cynthia I hope you're better !

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and Smwhite like this.
  8. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Ok I admit freely that I detest August and September here in Malta, but really this is my outside; UV is high, pollution is even higher, and every where is over crowded. The new concrete monstrous buildings over shadow the old beautiful ones , and as for traffic it self, only in hell could it be worse. I cant wait for winter
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Everyone...What An Interesting Monthly Muse This Week...I Do Know A Thing Or Two About Not Getting To Go Out As Much As I Would Like Because Of Health Issues...It's Frustrating & Aggravating...Life Is So Much More Difficult When Your Health Issues Are At The Forefront Of Your Life...The Simplest Things For Most People Are Some Of The Hardest Things When You're Health Isn't The Best... But One Can Only Hope That Things Will Get Better...I Hope This Everyday For You @MrsPeel & For Me Too...We Could Both Use Some Good Karma Coming Our Way...Here's Me Trying To Spread Some Of That Good Karma Your Way!!!...:bk

Upon Viewing Your Wonderful Art Work...I Was Inspired To Think Vintage...Going Outside On A Good Old-Fashioned Road Trip...Something I Haven't Been Able To Do For Quite Sometime...But In Keeping With Your Artwork Inspiration & Your Outside/Everyday Theme...I Went With The Idea That Travel Or In This Case Road Trips May Not Be The Everyday For Some People(Especially In My Case...)...& Your Art Made Me Think Of The Past...Perhaps I Was Channeling A Better Time In My Younger Life...When My Health Was Better & My Life Was More Carefree...I Love Creating Vintage Themed Layouts...This Layout Took Me Hours To Complete Properly Or I Would Have Been Here Sooner To Post It...So This Is My Summer-Road Tripping-Vintage 70's Inspired Layout...

*For My Let's Go Outside:Roadtripping Layout-I Used:

*Paislee Press-Press Plate No.4-Paislee Press
    *Art Crush No.18-NBK Design
    *Moments Like This-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Tropique-Lynn Grieveson
    *I'll Be There For You-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Heat Wave-Sahin Designs(3)
    *Creative Calm-Collab-E-Scape And Scrap-Wisteria Moments(1)
    *Destinations-Blagovesta Gosheva(1)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    MrsPeel likes this.
  12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Hope you are getting better, Cynthia!! Hugs!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and AJK like this.
  13. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

This isn't going to be the only piece for this week - I'm working on a companion piece that isn't so grim - but I didn't want to wait to turn it in. The way things are going I never know what life will be like from one day to the next, so might as well do it while I can.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Im a homebody so everyday outside includes my favorite things around my home both inside and outside.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

This looks more like a straight digi page rather than an art journaling page. BUT... the art journaling prompt is what inspired it.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I was in funk yesterday and just finished this page about coming "outside my head". I covered that black hole and came out of my funk.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and AJK like this.
  17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Eventhough I Already Created A Layout For This Challenge...I Felt That There Was Something Else That I Wanted To Say More About The "Current" Summer Surroundings...It Is Still Stiflingly Hot Outside Here...Almost 40 Degrees Here Today...Yikes!!!...I'm All For Summer... We've Had The Hottest Summer On Record Here In Years...Too Hot For Me!...But None The Less...All This Heat Reminds Me Of Lemons & Lemonade,Oranges,Kiwis,Limes & Pineapples Too...Tropical Leaves & Animals...Including:Flamingos,Bright Birds:And Geckos...All Those Summer Related Bright Colors & Sweet Drinks...Margarita Anyone?...Ha ! Ha!...Either Way...I'm Feeling The Heat Today & This Layout Showcases The Aforementioned Summer Fruit...And Besides All That...I Really Wanted To Use That Awesome! Gecko In Paula's Tastes Of Summer Kit...

*For My Tastes Of Summer Layout-I Used:

*Tastes Of Summer-Paula Kesselring
    *Art Crush No.18-NBK Design
    *Boho Sunshine-Kim Jensen
    *Summerscape-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Bright Days-Mommyish
    *Wild Critter Friends-Dapper Dudell(1)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    MrsPeel likes this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Too much going on to try to make a "pretty or eye catching" page. Only a real one.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I can never thank you enough for inspiring me!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

This is my everyday outside... I usually like to spend an hour or two in my garden area each morning! It's one of my therapies!

This is the view from our backyard... we live at the top of a hill and the metropolis of Orange County is below us, thus all of the houses. We can see over the rooftops the hills of two other cities which are filled with houses as well. (Too many houses to portray, but you get the idea!) This is looking from the edge of our lawn and down the slope we have 5 fruit trees and our raised beds. It's my retreat. Art-Journaling---August-wk2-web.jpg

MrsPeel likes this.