Need ideas for scrapbooking vintage and yellowing photographs from 1900's

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Debskh, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Debskh

Debskh New Member

Hi everyone!
    I was trying to get ideas on how to layout a scrapbook for my mother's memorial. There are a lot of pictures from the 1930's and 40's and not sure how to lay these out. There are also color photos later but wanted to get ideas or if there is a template I can buy to use as I need to get this done in 2 days.
    Thanks for any input!

2. Debskh

Debskh New Member

Sorry I should have put in more detail. I am using InDesign and Photoshop. I just need ideas such as if colors go better with vintage photos or keep it muted to match the photos? Should i just not worry and go for it? :) I am going to purchase the "messy pocket" templates. Probably most of them. Would they look bad if I mix a few of these templetes from each collection?
    sorry so many questions, in a rush since my mother passed two weeks ago and haven't had a lot of time to put this together! (Also my son is upset that I'm ignoring him for a few days LOL)

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm so sorry for your loss. As for your plan for the pages: Any arrangement of photos you decide to make will look beautiful and will be a lovely tribute, no matter the colors. (And I want to say "don't worry" simply because you have enough to do right now, I bet.) My one thought--and this is just my little bitty idea--is, if you decide on color, to maybe focus on a color she loved? I have some of the Messy Pockets templates, so I can say from experience that you will have an easy time putting your pages together, and I think you need "simple and easy" right now. And again, I'm so sorry.

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Debskh Those Messy Pocket templates are great but to may way of thinking maybe not so suitable for your older photos. You definitely can mix them up.
    Here is a set I found in the store that I feel would be good as sometimes you might like to use a certain photo large and this set of so many templates is great for the price:

[​IMG]

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I thought I would add that I hope your time of grieving will go well for you.
    When my mother died I put on display some scrapbook pages I had created during her last few years of life and then I also put out for people to look through her old albums full of black and white photos. My cousins all enjoyed looking through those.

I re-read that you only have two days. I think you will be pushing yourself to do too much in that time. I suggest you just create a couple of pages with significant photos.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Deb, I am so sorry for your loss and your family's loss.

Mixing and matching templates should be totally fine. I was thinking that maybe you wanted to get some templates that look like they are almost done so you can get those in time.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@Debskh I was checking out the messy pockets and they might be just perfect for this. You could even keep the white background do a very soft color on the paints and just add the pictures. I specially think this one looks very vintage.

[​IMG]

Tree City and A-M like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You have great advice above, I just want to say that I'm sorry for your loss. :(