Finally...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by rchansen, Aug 14, 2019.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

It's been a month and a half since my last page. I need to get back to my scrapbooking...oh how I miss it and this group!!

AJK and KarenB like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Due to computer problems, I wasn't able to scrap much this last month either. Lets hope both of us can back into it again now!

AJK likes this.
  3. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Me too! Been MIA from here for too long!

AJK likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It was pretty hit and miss for me this summer too! I thought I was doing okay, but then when I look back, I only created a handful of pages all summer, especially this month. It's time for me to set aside some scrapping time!

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I haven't scrapped for months! Of course, part of that was the fact I lost my computer Memorial Day weekend. I am just now recovering from that. It has taken awhile to make sure I have everything back.

But I did 2 pages last night! I sort of got motivated because of looking at photos I had scanned and decided to update a spreadsheet (inspired by @gonewiththewind ). I added a bunch of events to the spreadsheet and added the small version of any layout I have already done. So now I have a better idea of what needs to be done with both old photos and digital photos.

All that work yesterday inspired me to actually scrap. Very simple and quick pages but done nonetheless.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yay! I'm so glad that helped motivate you! I know it helps me to look through my photos as well, and then to add the spreadsheet on top of that . . . to see how close I'm getting to finishing a date/event . . . makes me want to finish those off!

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I completed 11 pages between June/July/August.

It was difficult having a teen home who games. He uses a headset, but honestly, listening to him is stressful as he's always on a mission and gets pretty worked up. NOT an atmosphere conducive to scrapping. The den and living room are open to each other, and it was hard to even watch TV in the next room without having to stop and ask him to tone it down. LOL

Olivia has also been home. She has another job/internship locally where she leaves the house Tues/Wed/Thurs and on Mon/Fri she works remotely for a firm in New York. But on Mon/Fri, she's here and that throws me off as well, especially if she doesn't work until the evening.

Anyway, now that they are both gone Tues/Wed/Thurs, that gives me time ALONE. GASP! I didn't even know what to do with myself yesterday. LOL

8. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

It's good to see you back :) I hate those enforced or 'lack of mojo' scrapping breaks!

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@gonewiththewind My other spreadsheet that I use to track kits used on layouts came in really handy as well. As I was scrapping I realized I didn't have any of my favorite fonts on the new computer. I do have a bunch of fonts on my EHD but figuring out which ones I used the most was a headache in the making.

So I opened up the other spreadsheet where I also recorded fonts used and started finding them on the EHD and installing them. Ran across a few that I couldn't find but was able to download zip files. Now I think I'm set to get some more scrapping done!

The nice thing about a new computer is not being overloaded with fonts!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've been trying desperately to scrap my 2 pages a week to keep up with my family album. I'm about 4 weeks behind. This summer has been crazy.