Tell me about your wk

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Aug 9, 2019.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've been MIA a lot these past 3 wks, dealing with computer, tv, internet issues. I hope that today I can say it's turning around and I can get back on track. My computer got a virus so it went into the shop for 2 wks, got it back this wk and somehow either windows10 install or some other virus/malware sent my computer into a spinout again. Its been a nightmare, trying to see what's been damaged/corrupted. I had my digi stuff on 2 EHDs and both drives were damaged, so I have hundreds of damaged digi files that the techs weren't able to restore. I'm at the point where I'll find out when I go to use something that I don't have it anymore b/c I am tired of checking. We did a factory reset yesterday, changed my virus protection and PS/LR had to be reloaded but the installer wouldn't work so it took the adobe tech remotely working on my computer for about an hour or so last night but got them loaded again. I was so tired and frustrated I haven't even checked that they are working and I can get into them yet. Today I'll check.

Our modem/internet had to be changed and we had lots of problems, hours on the phone with the techs and hopefully now everything seems to be working. We have a much faster internet now and a newer digital cable setup which is pretty cool with the voice commands. The new system is the Canadian version that Comcast has. So....I think everything is ok now...fingers crossed.

So to finish off the wkend, I am going to bake a pumpkin loaf this afternoon, am going to pick a few movies to watch tonight and am going to just chill. Whew...what a month/week this has been.

So tell me about your week? Good or bad? Or both?

2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm sorry about all that tech trouble! Yuck!

Now that school is starting, we have lots going on this week & next. This week I had my 18 month review + the monthly board meeting for work + did school & bday prep.

We are going on a bus trip to Brookfield Zoo tomorrow, celebrating my grandmother's birthday Sunday afternoon, going to a BBQ Sunday night, getting hair cuts & visiting my grandfather Monday, going to open house Tuesday evening, having first day of school Wednesday + I'm going to see Eli Young Band with a friend that night, & celebrating my daughter's birthday next weekend by going to the beach & the county fair + having her family party Sunday afternoon.

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@bcgal00 - tech issues are so annoying- - Here's hoping it is all clear now!
    Our (hubster too) week has been, well, mixed. He was to have gotten his new contract on Monday. But as it goes with govt. work, they are snafu'ed. Everyone is trying to complete stuff over short period of time before the new fiscal year and it has wreaked havoc in new contract areas. :cornfused:crazy3:eyeroll So we are STILL waiting. Frustrating because we are sooooooooooooooo ready to make this move!! I can literally pack this house in two days. Just gimme the green light!!!
    LOL.
    Had a great last sleepover with the two oldest grands this week. Man, kids are so different now- electronics have re-wired them and patience is a foreign word! If we let MJ use laptop, phone or even tv he goes from this::hammock
    to this::circlesCan't deal with it and I know its not good for them. We tried to find things to do indoors since the heat wave has returned. :firey:drool Little Lila is such a diva. :queen She attempts the grumpy mode if awakened from a nap. But not in our house! We tried "bubble painting" and making cinnamon rolls! And "Googs" made his family famous bread. Kids love working in the kitchen.
    yum.jpg
    Wanted to make the best of it since our move will take us 7+hours away from them

4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

@bcgal00 - Those tech issues would have had me tearing my hair out Rae. I hope they're all fixed for you now.
    @LeeAndra - That's one busy week coming up. It made me tired just reading about it!
    @AJK - Those cinnamon rolls look so yummy!! I've never made them but they look very tempting to try!

We started out our week chilling at the cabin but had to come home in the midst of a heat wave as hubby had a golf game organized! :madd:rollingpin I was not happy!! Since we got back, I've been catching up on errands, chores and laundry. Tomorrow we head out for a quick road trip to Oregon to visit with cousins from South Carolina who are vacationing there. Looking forward to the cooler weather there and walking on the beach!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yikes!! So Sorry about all your computer troubles, Rae! For some reason my weeks keep ending up busier than I anticipate them being. I only have one more before it's back to work for the new school year :(.
    As for this past week...
    Monday, Chance had a dentist appt and his dentist is about an hour away, so that takes a chunk of time out of the day. Tuesday, I had to go in to work for a couple or long meetings, the highlight being that our new director bought my lunch! (Who says teachers don't work in the summer, for no extra pay I might add lol)
    Wednesday, I went to the gym and grocery store.
    Thursday, I took my 2 year old grandson to the waterpark for the day and had a blast.
    Today, I've worked on an online course for work (another 4 hours of my time). I'm also trying to secure a picnic shelter to have a going away party for my oldest next weekend. He leaves on deployment the 25th :(. I also had my grandson again for a few hours, so not much else got done.
    Next week is just as busy with another dentist appt, school shopping, a couple more days of work, and party prep. And there goes summer, let the countdown begin again!

6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Rae, that is the absolute worst!!! I'm sorry that happened to you :(

This week was kind of meh. Nothing terrible happened, but a bunch a little things that were annoyances seems to plague me all week.

7. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

My 2 daughters and their kids (ages 6, 4 1/2, 3 & 6 mo.) are visiting from out of state before school begins for the 6 year old next week.

So far we have played with a giant bowling set, ridden dirt bikes in the backyard (watch out for the 4 year old, he likes to go fast but hasn’t mastered stopping yet), tie dyed t-shirts, played back yard bowling and discovered stomp rockets! I am sure pages will be produced next week after a long nap!

It is great to have them here even if my house is a disaster zone! More fun planned for the rest of the week. The hardest thing is figuring out what they will all eat...so far it is pizza and donuts!

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It has been a good week. I have been drinking lots of water, almost getting all my steps, eating well, and sleeping well. I had some good talks with people this week. I started turning off the computer in the afternoons so I can work on other projects like cleaning the house. Also helped the baby girl get ready for college. Move-in Day is next Saturday so this week is packing it all up. What is lacking is my scrapping mojo - I hope it comes back soon.

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Started off the week with a call to my doctor. Still having problems with a UTI. Turns out I have a resistant bacteria, so I'm on my fourth antibiotic (I'm actually taking two different antibiotics at the same time). Not feeling a whole lot better. Super tired and just feeling "out of it."

On Friday, Daniel had Open House and I went with him to help him map out his schedule so he knows where to go on Monday for his classes. Someone spilled water on the floor in the gym hallway, and of all the 2,000 people buzzing around the school, **I'm** the one who slipped and fell in it. So far, it's just a bruised knee and some pulled muscles - I don't feel anything different with my back. Anyway, it was just super embarrassing and I'm back to not wanting to leave the house at all.

I'm praying that the antibiotics start working soon and that the coming week brings me good things.

10. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

My weeks(months) have all been BLAHHHHHH. To much work at my paying job has caused me to be stressed and which is causing other body pains (plus it is causing me to eat stuff I shouldn't which is messing with my brain). I have had some breathing issues with the heat but I also think part of the problem might be stress.

We started working on our deck (cutting down the size some and putting new boards since after 20 years it was starting to rot some) however that may be put on hold a little bit since the grandkids soccer starts next week.

I haven't scrapped in several weeks (no desire) and what is even worse is honestly I have not even looked in the store to see what has been released. I don't know what is wrong with me but I hope I get to feeling better soon.

11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Rae, those computer/modem issues would be enough to make me scream! I hate tech problems!

My week was better than the previous weeks. No one needed urgent care and/or a doctor's visit, so that was a plus over basically all of July lol.

Today we went to check out tile for our powder room. We had floor and wall tiles all picked out but then realized that we couldn't get the wall's accent tile in a color that worked with the floor...so back to the drawing board. We ended up with a porcelain floor tile that looks like slate and white, bevel-edge subway tile for the walls with accents of a flat (as in, not beveled) black slim tile and black threshold. And the total price was about half of what we'd first picked out, so DH was super excited! I said that spending so little on tile means I have more money to play with for the new vanity and he was like "Uh, what? No!" lol!

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Now hit him with: "I saved so much money on this reno, that I surely have a few extra dollars for all the fun new stuff that will be released this fall . . . "

13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

[​IMG]

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh Rae! I would be literally pulling out my hair. Actually I would probably be taking a trip to Best Buy. :giggle I have money saved in my own little savings account for just this situation. Lol. I sure hope that things start to work for you after all the your computer troubles. There's nothing worse than wanting to sit down to scrap and having things keep going wrong. Blah!

My week last week was great! I only worked 3 days and then we took a fast road trip with my family, my sister's family and another family to Cedar Point for two days. I walked 11.5 miles on Thursday alone and rode so many roller coasters and rides that my head still might be spinning! Everyone had a blast! Then we were able to come home on Friday night and had the whole weekend to rest, unpack and chill. It was the best. This coming week will be the first time in a long while that I've worked 5 days straight. :giggle My son is trying out for the high school soccer team for his second year, so we are fingers crossed that he makes the team again.

15. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

@bcgal00 Rae, I hate hearing about your lost files...I've been there and it is heartbreaking!! I hope as they continue working on things they can find more and more.

I have been MIA as well. But I finally have some photos that will need scrapbooking. Last week I went to the Sturgis motorcycle rally with my husband, best friends, BIL and his girlfriend. It was an absolute blast!! We saw some beautiful scenery and good concerts. But most importantly we just had a week off!! A week of fun with some of my favorite people. It was so needed!! I'm having a hard time downloading my photos from my phone to my laptop for some reason. Once I can get them downloaded I will be scrapbooking out trip. Can't wait.