What's new? Fast Five|Pad Patter 7.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 22, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I feel with summer, school, and all the activities that I'm running around constantly and I'm missing my TLP peeps!

So, I thought I'd do a Fast Five today.
    1. What's something physically new in your life?
    2. What's a new activity for you?
    3. What's a new song you are enjoying?
    4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? (Stuck? What's something you don't cook/buy in the other season that you are now?)
    5. What's the newest page you've scrapped?

2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Totally agree Courtney! I can't wait for August- our calendar is much more open than July has been! Thankfully we're on vacation starting next weekend for the next week & a half!!! :)

I think the newest thing is that both kids are big enough (and swim well enough) that while at the lake house, I don't have to watch them as much anymore & can read my book. I still sit with them at the water, but it's sorta strange that they don't require as much supervision as in the past! :/

Hmm.. we're just wrapping up daughter's summer softball season- but she's decided to continue & try out for a club softball team... so that's new...

I'm loving the new Ed Sheeran Collaborations album!

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? (Stuck? What's something you don't cook/buy in the other season that you are now?)
    I've become addicted to moscow mules- specifically a huckleberry version made at the marina restaurant near our lake house!

Oh man, I want to go back to mexico stat!!
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri, KarenB and busywoman139 like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

For my body, I hosted my aunt's 80th birthday party a week ago and I overdid it, so the past week has been a lot of nothing getting completed and being miserable. BUT, it was decidedly better yesterday and even better today.
    For our house, Jay put down new flooring in our den. Completely overdue as the carpet was 15 years old. It's so much easier to move our office chairs around and it looks amazing.

No new activities. Hibernating through the summer heat and doing all my usual hobbies and house stuff.

Both of these songs are super catchy. Yes, I'm a 48 y/o popster. LOL

Million Dollar Lasagna - the entire family is hooked on it right now. I make my spaghetti meat sauce and let it simmer for a couple of hours. Then I use frozen cheese ravioli, and layer those with the sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella.
    ALSO, I make a salad with apple, strawberry, and blueberry and a poppyseed dressing, and it's so cool and refreshing! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

The last layout I scrapped for ME was the layout I made during my July Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! It's still not posted nor is the video finished. On the other hand, I've done 19 pages in a Scrap for Hire project with another 28 pages batched out to start decorating. But I miss scrapping for ME! LOL

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. What's something physically new in your life? Dentures. Not handling them well at all.
    2. What's a new activity for you? A coloring game on my tablet. My hands are too shaky to do actual coloring books. And, it is something of a stress reliever for me.
    3. What's a new song you are enjoying? Just saw a YT video today taken by a fan at a Home Free concert called "Down to the Honky Tonk". It has not been released by them but I sure hope they do. I loved it!
    4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? (Stuck? What's something you don't cook/buy in the other season that you are now?) Until the issue in #1 is conquered, no new foods. Still stuck on the soft food diet.
    5. What's the newest page you've scrapped? None recently but I took a lot of photos of the 50th Anniversary Parade for Moonwalk that I want to scrap. And, a friend in town went to a lot of the activities and quite graciously has let me have them to scrap since I wasn't able to go to much besides the parade. I don't go out much with the problem in #1.

5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

1. What's something physically new in your life? Moving! We sold our house on Tuesday after less than a day on the market. So physically, we're packing all of our things that will be making the move with us.
    2. What's a new activity for you? Kayaking! When our 82-year-old uncle said he was going, we knew we had to go with him. I never thought that I'd love it so much.
    3. What's a new song you are enjoying? I haven't had much time to listen to any music lately. Too busy packing!
    4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? (Stuck? What's something you don't cook/buy in the other season that you are now?) Sauteed shrimp & spinach. Very simple, just garlic and Bragg's aminos (instead of soy sauce). The last time I added a can of fire-roasted tomatoes to the skillet. Yum!
    5. What's the newest page you've scrapped? All the pretty things that I've picked for my new home.
    web_2019_06_june6_DesignCenter_SwL_JulyReflectionsTemplate.jpg

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I got a new 6TB desktop EHD on Prime Day. So it's a new physical item to hold my digital supplies. It's super fast, which I love!
    Hmm, does "car shopping" count as an activity? DH and I are probably a year or two away from actually buying a new car, but we've started looking. I want a hybrid three-row vehicle (either a van or an SUV such as the hybrid Highlander).
    I haven't been listening to a lot of new music but DD made me watch the video for the new-ish Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber song.
    4. What's a new food or dish you are loving?
    Oh gosh, I'm having to try lots of new foods now that I'm apparently allergic to red meat. I like the Impossible Burger and yesterday DH made me turkey bacon. It was A LOT better than the stuff I had as a child lol! I also made a new-to-me brand of jambalaya. Now that you're asking, I can't remember the brand but it was really good with turkey sausage. Even the kids loved it!
    The newest page I've made and uploaded is this one:
    [​IMG]

7. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Well, we broke down and bought a hand cranked card shuffler. We've been playing a LOT of Phase 10 lately and I got tired of shuffling the cards. No one else wants to do it so it's up to me. Now I'm finding that shuffling them by hand is almost easier than using the hand cranked shuffler!! What's with that!! But I'm still glad we got it.

Tending our Grandchicks. Our kids who live next door to us have 14 chickens that we have been taking care of while they have been out of town. The chicks run free all day now and we go over and put them back in the coop in the evening. I actually got them all in by myself a couple nights ago!! By myself!! All 14 of them!!!

We've just been listening to all our songs we've collected over the years and enjoying them. Daughter got a few new ones but I don't know the names of them.

Not really new, but watermelon!! I absolutely LOVE watermelon!!

Haven't scrapped a page in over a month now. Life has been pretty stressful with my Honey's illness and all the medical adventures we've been going thru. So I haven't scrapped in a while. I need to though. It is calling to me. But it takes more energy than I feel I have to do it just yet.

jk703, KarenB and busywoman139 like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

1. What's something physically new in your life? We moved recently to a larger home to accommodate our DD and grandson - grandson now has his own room and I got a craft room again!
    2. What's a new activity for you? Taking lots of walks with my dog because we now have sidewalks
    3. What's a new song you are enjoying? This is God's Country by Blake Shelton
    4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? Fresh baked bread from the deli at Publix
    5. What's the newest page you've scrapped? This page for the July Monthly Muse

[​IMG]

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

1. Well I guess our son's littlest one is still new at 3 months??[​IMG]
    2. Watching "Resurrection Ertugrul" on Netflix- a Turkish series much like GOT without the profanity and nudity. SUSPENSEFUL PLOT! And (dare I say?) really macho but sensitive and expressive men!!! :perfect
    [​IMG]
    And hubster and I LOVE learning about other cultures!:heartslub

3. There's Another in the Fire & Highlands

"\

"

4. That's a tough one- as we are able to access nearly all produce freshly year round. OH! I know- peaches!!!
    5. The AJ Muse for this month:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

1. What's something physically new in your life? I joined Planet Fitness last month and have been trying to go about 5 times a week so that when I go back to work it will be habit. I'm currently buying all the workout gear :)

2. What's a new activity for you? Working out consistently! I used to be a fanatic about 15-20 years ago and I am really wanting to love it again. So far, so good!!

3. What's a new song you are enjoying? My favs right now are Sunflower by Post Malone and Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max.

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? (Stuck? What's something you don't cook/buy in the other season that you are now?) Not really new, but my current fav dish is blackened fish tacos :)

I didn't get to scrap at all last week! I'm remedying that tonight, but here's the last one:
    [​IMG]

jk703, bestcee, KarenB and 2 others like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

I just posted something the other day on FB or Instagram or somewhere about how sometimes I miss my kids when they were little, and then I go on vacation and see all the parents with little ones and just smile as I read my book haha. I loved when all my kids could finally swim well!

SeattleSheri, amien1 and busywoman139 like this.
  12. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I'm replying first and then excited to go back and read all the answers!

1. What's something physically new in your life? Last physically new thing in my life was likely books :) Loving the Bradford Sisters trilogy by Becky Wade. The other thing would be my latest Stitch Fix - loved all of the items!

2. What's a new activity for you? Ok, we haven't played it yet but, I'm super excited to try this card game: Spoons. Also, short dance workouts on YouTube like:

Thanks to my Spotify's Release Radar playlist - Goo Goo Dolls/Money, Fame & Fortune and Natasha Bedingfield/Roller Skate (SO apropos for my newest scrap page!!!)

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? (Stuck? What's something you don't cook/buy in the other season that you are now?) Ha!! I'm on week 3 or 4 of intermittent fasting so I'm eating less! But I am loving my summer Rose, especially the Apothic brand ;)

[​IMG]

SeattleSheri and KarenB like this.
  13. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Might as well jump right back in like I haven't been awol for months ...

1. What's something physically new in your life? Short hair. Really short, as in doesn't touch my nape. Pinning it/buns used to be enough but it got to where even having it down to wash it was hurting too much so I just ... whacked it off. Nothing like a home haircut to announce you have no bothers left to give.

2. What's a new activity for you? Learning the ins and outs of yet another Sims game. I swore I wouldn't touch the newest one but I guess I just love to eat my words.

3. What's a new song you are enjoying? Myintrotoletuknow by OutKast (which, ftr, isn't new, just new to me)

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? Stouffer's Cheddar Potato Bake, which is way better than cheap frozen potatoes have any right to be.

5. What's the newest page you've scrapped? This one:

[​IMG]

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I replaced my phone case. My old one is as old as my phone, which will be 4 years old in November, and it was literally falling apart. I took some pictures and intend to make a page about it. :D

I can't think of a totally new activity I'm doing, but swimming is something I don't do every year and I'm doing it again this summer.

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving?
    Again, not totally new, but I got Outshine brand pineapple popsicles for the first time in a year this weekend.

Yesterday I made . . .
    [​IMG]

15. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

1. What's something physically new in your life? We are in the midst of remodeling our basement, so there are lots of physically new things about our house every weekday!

2. What's a new activity for you? Letting my oldest son drive (he just wrapped up drivers ed).

3. What's a new song you are enjoying? I honesty can’t think of one. I don’t listen to a lot of music.

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? My sister made me some seasonings and passed along some recipes, so I’ve been loving her Moroccan spice dishes.

5. What's your newest page?
    [​IMG]

KarenB and busywoman139 like this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

1. What's something physically new in your life? My hubby made window shudders for my A-frame windows to block out the summer sun. They are beautiful and functional. This is something we've been trying to solve for 3 years. He had a lightbulb moment and went to Lowe's, bought supplies and a few days later they were done.

2. What's a new activity for you? Boogie Boarding. Well, just while we were on vacation. I LOVED it and my kids and I boogie boarded as much as possible. If I lived by the beach I think I could get into surfing.

3. What's a new song you are enjoying? The latest Resurrection Letters Album from Andrew Peterson. My favorite song is Is He Worthy.

4. What's a new food or dish you are loving? During the summer I like tomato and cucumber salad. A friend gave me a whole bunch of homegrown tomatoes and I'm going to try this recipe tomorrow night. https://pinchofyum.com/garlic-basil-chicken-with-tomato-butter-sauce Hoping it's yummy!

5. What's your newest page? Week 26 - I'm just a few pages behind for 2019.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri and KarenB like this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh honey! My cousin got them and it was a long period of adjustment for her. I'm gonna add you to my prayer list!

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  18. IntenseMagic

I love those! There are not many frozen things I enjoy, but that is one of them!

blueberries likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

You will have tons of fun playing spoons. Just your mention of the game brought back so many memories for me. We would play this at every family gathering when I was young. Kids as young as 6 playing with adults... parents, aunts/uncles, grandparents. We sometimes had up to 20 people around a table. Needless to say we used many decks of cards then!

Another fun card game that kids can play with adults is "31" as described in this wikipedia article. We used 3 pennies instead of $5 bills. Winner of each round got the pennies for that round. When you lost all your pennies, you got a round "on grace" (free ride in the article). Last one standing got all the pennies. Learned this game from my grandpa. It was a major form of entertainment at the trailer park he stayed in each winter in Florida. Grandpa had a glass jar of pennies he kept just for this purpose.

Thanks for jogging some memories for me :)

busywoman139 and KarenB like this.
  20. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I'm a Pollywog :cloud9 (Not sure it's a 'physically' new thing. But its all I've got :giggle
    I have started to do mixed media art/journaling. With actual glue and paint and stuff. Loving it so far.
    Tightrope by Sara Bareilles (new to me anyway)!
    Salads with beetroot, feta and pine nuts. I had a lot of that sort of thing on holiday and I'm going to make it for myself now I'm home.
    Not very new as I haven't scrapped for a couple of weeks
    [​IMG]