Help with Wedding Album

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by BevG, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am thinking of doing a wedding album for the newlyweds, other parents, and us (just printing 3 copies). To make things quick, I am thinking white pages with minimum (if any) elements so those photos shine! Or maybe 2 copies in the white minimum format for them and a really artsy, messy version for me. Guess that depends on which style they would like.

There are probably about 400+ photos to scrap, more if I include engagement, how they met, etc.

Has anyone done a wedding album recently that would like to share some ideas with me?

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I’m in the same boat and looking at these templates.

upload_2019-7-13_15-53-39.jpeg

Attached Files:

keepscrappin, tkradtke and wvsandy like this.
  3. BevG

@Iowan - Those are perfect!! And templates make it so quick. Thank you so much for sharing!

4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

You’re welcome... I look forward to seeing your book.

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have not done a wedding album, but I would love to at some point. Maybe you can be my inspiration :)
    Love those templates @Iowan, they are perfect!

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I created these albums for documenting December memories, but they are awesome for any type of album creation. Thought I'd give you another option if you want to add more than just photos to your album!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wvsandy and Iowan like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

for my 5 cents:
    i know this will be a labour of love for you but organisation and planning goes a long way with these sorts of mega albums ( i don't want you to kind of hate weddings by the 30 page mark!) - if you can look at all of the photos in 'sections' so it's not so overwhelming (the volume for these events is huge, especially if you take into account everyone's got a phone and people are emailing you photos and dropboxing them to you and you are collating them all #modernweddings!);
    so if you can split the wedding into 'before the ceremony', 'arriving at the ceremony & congregation/location shots', 'walking down the aisle and the kiss' etc) and 'rate' them - like i think Lightroom had a star way of marking individual images and categorising them to give you an idea of how many are 'must scrap big or full page' shots at least (or copy them to a different folder if you don't have a program that enables easy sorting) - sometimes approaching it as pairing a full page shot with a 'scrappy multi-photo album page' is faster and easier, if that makes sense and still gives a beautiful, cohesive resulting album.

I know i sound almost clinical and it might take the fun out of it a bit (scrapping individual shots that you absolutely adore and make you feel artsy is relatively easy & a joy); but this would be my advice to anyone with this kind of task and wanting to include a massive amount of shots, especially when some of them look so similar (ie. table shots at the reception, and various couples and families with the bride and groom etc). And i think keeping it white is a great idea too - good time to start embracing minimalism too ;-)

AJK, redplaid3, sberkan and 2 others like this.
  8. BevG

These are some great ideas. I am hoping to get talk to the bride and groom tonight to see what they might want. @gonewiththewind - I had forgotten about the December Details sets. Those could work too!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@BevG I'm going to date myself here - the last wedding album I did was paper. Can't wait to see yours.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I haven't done a wedding album but I did a vacation album for my son's trip to Washinton DC a few years ago with a really simply approach. One paper strip per page and maybe 2-3 elements and journaling. It was the only way I was going to be able to make it cohesive and just get it done! :agree I used these templates:

[​IMG]

and here are a couple of my pages using them:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

redplaid3, bellbird and BevG like this.
  11. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I did one as a Christmas present for my sister. All of this plus I kept it to one set of templates to make it cohesive and quick to do. Also, I created a separate folder with a bunch of elements that matched their wedding colours so that I didn't have to go searching all the time. I think that also helped give it a cohesive look - I used many of the elements on various pages. If this works, here is a link to the book I made.

Book

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    redplaid3, Tree City and bellbird like this.
  12. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I have done wedding albums before. I never go into it with the intent to scrap all of the photos. I just pick my favorites of each aspect of the wedding. I like the products that have been suggested. Lots of great templates to incorporate multiple photos. I “cheated” on many of my pages and just swapped the photos from pages I’d already made and changed the title, journaling, etc (sometimes the color too). It definitely helped me get it done quicker.

bellbird likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I can only see the cover (love!) but sometimes I'm not in the right 'zone'for links to work - I love the extra folder of colour coordinating elements idea too & Karen's paper strip idea as a way to add colour & 'individualise' pages throughout the book!

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

& this is the best idea - having them choose the '5 star' photos themselves, especially if they aren't getting an album included in their wedding photography package

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I made a wedding Signature book. That was very simple. One page of photos or across the two and then one page of signature spots! I found that since I made each page a different kit and stuff, it was hard. I would chose a core kit and maybe one or two more. Go for simplicity.

keepscrappin, bellbird and BevG like this.
  16. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

These templates from Lynn Grieveson would be good for a wedding album to mix with the others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bellbird, Iowan and BevG like this.
  17. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm using these right now for a trip album and it's coming together so quickly!! I love being able to turn off a box and add a title/journaling there instead :-)

Iowan and BevG like this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love the BIG PHOTOS! They were fun and work up fast!
    I wrote out a sketch of what I wanted in the book. I used more photos then journaling, and RECOLORED a kit I adored! Here are a few from the gallery:
    I did one for my son and dil, and it went fast
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Karen, cfile, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  19. BevG

Those are great @AnneofAlamo! Thank you for sharing. I am waiting to get the pictures and hope to start soon.

bellbird and Iowan like this.
  20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is such good advice- for any type of "album" book! Thanks!!
    One tip for your book - maybe leave a few blank spots so that the couple could journal their own personal thoughts on a few pages in their handwriting?

wvsandy, bellbird and BevG like this.