What have my GOT peeps been up to?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jul 11, 2019.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

i have been missing the show of course, Lol! Need to find something new to watch. We just finished Chernobyl and it was really good. I highly recommend. Anyone else find something new to view?

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm hoping to binge Vikings sometime over the summer/fall. White Queen also is another one I've been thinking of watching.

3. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I’ve been reveling in Stranger Things Season 3. Children of the 80’s unite! Woohoo!!! :D

Christina W likes this.
  4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We just finished watching Chernobyl, definitely a must-watch series!

We don't have anything to watch at the moment, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

First of all, I don’t glow in the dark but as I watched Chernobyl this week I thought about the time I visited the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant located about 15 miles north of Omaha, NE. My boyfriend had just returned from the service and got a job filling vending machines. One evening I went with him on his route which included the nuclear power plant. There was no ID check, no secret pass code to get into the building, and I never saw another person on the grounds that night. We walked right in and he filled the machine while I stood there hoping the place wouldn’t blow up or that we weren’t getting quietly fried. I don’t think people were familiar with the term meltdown in 1967. Apparently the rural Midwest was a little more trusting back then. Fifty years later I still remember that sense of apprehension and fear I had that night.

Anyway, if you haven’t watched Chernobyl, watch it. It was dark but quite interesting.

Ferdy likes this.
  6. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

My computer ate my post, sigh. Anyway, I will definitely check out Chernobyl, I've never heard of it. My husband and I have been watching Yellowstone (on Paramount with Kevin Costner). Its third season just started. We are also working our way through the most recent season of Stranger Things - my family is much more reluctant to savor the episodes and are pushing for binge watching, lol.

I don't watch a ton of TV, but I have a few shows I like on the Food Network. I also really like Taboo with Tom Hardy (FX). I'm anxiously awaiting season 2. It's really good.

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Margaret - yes.....Stranger Things! We'll start binging it this wkend or next. Can't wait to see the new season.

londoncuppa likes this.
  8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Wow...Carol...that is so freaky. Can't believe security was non-existent. So glad you don't glow in the dark :)

Iowan likes this.
  9. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Loved Chernobyl, very powerful and compelling. Still watching the latest season of Handmaids Tale, really enjoying this as well. On our flights, started binging The Good Place, very funny and can't wait to catch the rest.

Other that that it is a bit of a sports month here - Wimbledon, The cricket World Cup, Tour De France and our local Football.

10. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

@SeattleSheri, I am loving Yellowstone, too! I just love Kevin Kostner. And, Taboo was so good. My husband loves Tom Hardy so we watched that together, but I don't even know if they are doing a season 2.

I also saw Chernobyl...it was very hard to watch, so very sad.

I'm not very interested in Stranger Things. Not much to watch on tv right now. Oh, how about Divorce or Big Little Lies...I'm watching those, too!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I just read an article that said that the writers have finished season 2 of Taboo, but they won't start production until later this year or early 2020, so the next season won't likely be until mid 2020 - boo! That show has made me a Tom Hardy fan.

I'm glad to see a fellow Yellowstoner! I just found out my hubby has been watching Chernobyl "behind my back" lol ... I razzed him a bit.

12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I watched Chernobyl last month, it's very good and scaring to see how everything happened!

now, I've just watched Homecoming, with Julia Roberts...very intriguing! I started Dark, at Netflix, it's a german production and everyone says it's good...it has something crazy in it, with the timelines...it looks confusing, but I'll try it.
    and a short one, Good Omens, it's sooo good!
    well, my list of series is huge, but I'll say just those ones!

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I am watching "The Handmaid's Tale" and "Outlander" (2 more days to get through season 4 before my week trial expires!). I am impatiently waiting for second seasons of "Shrill" (Hulu) & "Special" (Netflix).

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Since we paid for HBO, we decided to watch season 2 of Big Little Lies... which isn't fully aired yet, but we are enjoying that. I had already watched season 1 awhile ago, on Netflix I think? Mostly because I had already read the book. Then I just finished watching The Killing (a murder detective series on Amazon Prime) I really enjoyed all 4 seasons of that! It's from like 2011, so it's completely over and I don't have to do the waiting for the next season thing. :giggle Also I've been watching the 3rd (?) season of The Handmaid's Tale, but I'm just lukewarm on that one.

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

So you would recommend season 2? I've been on the fence over whether to start it (we just finished season 1).

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yes! Meryl Streep's acting alone makes it worthwhile. She's amazing in it! Plus... it makes me not envy the rich people of the world. They have problems that come with all their money! :giggle

HeatherB likes this.
  17. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I'm late to the party, but we just finished The Umbrella Academy. It was annoying and slow in the beginning, but towards the end, it got interesting. Now I can't wait for Season 2 to come out to see what happens!!

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I've been binge reading instead of watching TV. DH and I do have 3 episodes of American Experience from PBS to watch on the Apollo 11 moon landing. And I have 4 or so episodes of Endeavour from Masterpiece Mystery to watch. That reminds me that I need to look for a replay of the first Grantchester episode to watch & set the DVR for the rest of that new season.