Stash

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Jul 9, 2019.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I had to "re-index" some of my supplies this morning...specifically my stash of PAPERS. I was really pretty embarrassed to discover that I have just shy of 11,000 pieces of paper in my stash. Why would I ever need to buy more paper? But I'm pretty sure I will! Even more embarrassing! Can anybody top me?

LoveItScrapIt and SeattleSheri like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Ooooh, that's a lot of papers, which is why that is awesome! My kits are arranged as kits (not broken up into element and paper packs), so I don't know how many papers I have, but now you have me interested. :)
    As for why you would ever need to buy more paper... Because why not? :giggle

LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  3. SharLamb

In Bridge, I can tag my elements. For some reason, they become "unindexed," from time to time. I can tell, because I will use a keyword to pull up certain items (like "Artsy Paper," for instance), and only a few will show up. So I do a search for all "Artsy Papers," and include unindexed ones. Then they show up again. One of my irritations with Bridge, and why I WAY preferred the PSE Organizer back in the day.

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hmm, maybe that's why Bridge annoys me. I move my photos and my digital scrapbooking kits around. (I have a "to be backed up" folder, and, after everything is backed up on to my EHDs, I move stuff to its correct and permanent folder on my computer.) I've heard that moving stuff "breaks" your Bridge (or your LR) tags.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

wow that's a lot. my stuff is all over the place - not sure how i would go about getting the totals for any of it. i think i don't want to know to be truthful, but YES no matter the #, we always need more!!! :D

cfile and Tree City like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wow, Sharron, that's a lot of paper! I have NO idea how much I have - but I know I have a lot of everything. Still, I keep buying more. I keep my stash in the kits too and don't use Bridge, so I don't know how I'd know either. I just know I have a lot.

Tree City likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

You are are waaaaay more organised that I'll ever be Sharron but I take comfort in the fact that no trees have been harmed in the name of pretty craftiness so that I can hoard all the 'digi papers' I want #cantstop #wontstop ; -)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  8. SharLamb

no trees have been harmed

yes. we CAN take comfort in that! ROTF

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You gave me a chuckle, Justine.

bellbird likes this.
  10. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I have just under 1,600 kits since I started scrapping back in 2008. Some only have 10 papers and others have close to 100, so it's hard to say how many papers I have. The most conservative estimate is 16K (based on 10 per kit), but I would imagine it's much higher. Most of my kits average 25-50 papers.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm here all week ;-)

Karen, jenn mccabe and cfile like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

W
    We really are spoilt with digital papers (& that's even before all the blending & recolouring possibilities !) :stash

SeattleSheri and cfile like this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have too many.. not sure of the number either as they are not broken up from kits either, but I will tell you that I am glad it is all digital because if it was physical it would be a fire hazard LOL I gave up figuring all I had a long time ago and go with the adage the one with the most digi supplies at the end wins :) LOL :rofl:rofl:giggle:helpy

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Love it, i have no idea how many digi papers I have either - most of my goodies stay in their kits.
    We all love papers and digi goodness, so yeah, why not?

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I started collecting digital scrapbooking stuff around 2006. In the early days, I did break apart my kits, and even sorted my papers and elements into folder by color and theme. Yikes. I'd have no time for that nowadays. Now I just barely manage to change the folder icon to the kit preview and move my new stuff from my downloads folder to my TLP folder every other month or so. I'm not even acquiring much this year either.

Anyway, my Digiscrap Stash folder, which contains subfolders for various stores, designers, and Digiscrap Parades, is currently at 420 Gb. My TLP folder is 71 Gb of that.

When I do a search for "jpg" in my Digiscrap Stash folder, it gives me 67,122 items. Of course, as you can see in this screenshot if you'd like, it includes things that are not papers, like kit previews. If I do the same search in my TLP folder, I get 12,001 items; again, it's kit previews, journal cards, and other things besides all my papers.

Interesting! But not enough time for more accurate counting.
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 9.57.07 AM.png

BevG likes this.
  16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@michelepixels - You got me curious --- including kit previews, I have almost 35,000 in my stash (TLP and non-TLP). I have more un-used stuff on EHDs. So you win!

17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:giggle I wasn't trying to win. Just curious too!

BevG likes this.
  18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I know... :bk

michelepixels likes this.
  19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Since I've only recently (in the last year) moved from ACDSee (because my catalog kept corrupting) to Bridge (and I haven't even begun to tag everything), there is no way for me to know how many papers I have in my collection! Wow. I think that's the most use of parenthetical statements I've ever made. LOL

I'm pretty good about cleaning out most things in my life on a routine basis, but I am less brutal with my digital supplies, photos, and videos. I think it's because they are in compact EHD's and not filling up an entire room. Still, I don't think I'll ever stop buying new digital supplies. I love classic supplies, but I also love the trends, and I love word art that changes with social media, etc.

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

WOW....I have no idea since all my kits "stay" kits!