Forgetting| Pad Patter 7.3

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 3, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I was woke up this morning by text messages. Normally, it's on silent except for a few people who I allow to interrupt my sleep. This was one of them.
    My friend is on vacation, her daughter forgot her glasses (contact wearer) and a family member was going to stop and get them. She wanted to know if I was up and could unlock the house.

It made me curious:
    Have you ever forgotten something important on a vacation? Was it something you could buy? Or did you have to do without?

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I very rarely forget anything because I tend to be an over-packer, but when I do, it's usually something small we can pick up somewhere...toothbrush, phone/table charger, headphones...

But, I do have a forgetful #firstworldproblem. I have a small Keurig that I take on vacation with me and did forget it one year. Oh the horrors of having to spend a week using a regular coffee maker :giggle

wvsandy and bestcee like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I usually don't forget anything now, but 20 years ago, I forgot my foundation. Luckily, I was staying in New York City, and there was a Walgreens next door to the Hyatt and I picked it up without any problem.

I have so much stress over travel and it's because of things that happened to me while I traveled with the law firm where I worked. It's why I have packing lists and go over everything about 50 times before I leave.

bestcee likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

After repeated forgetting of things, we now each have a separate travel bag, packed with toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, shampoo, antiperspirant, etc. - all those things you use every day. However, I do sleep with a mouth guard and I once left it home when I went on a weekend trip. I managed to not damage my teeth, but I was so afraid I would grind them out of the stress of not having the guard.

That said, I am forgetful. This morning I was several house up the street before I remembered I was supposed to turn off the water sprinkler that was watering the lawn. I am glad I could turn around, otherwise the water bill would have been huge.

bestcee likes this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Over the years we have forgotten underwear, make-up, toothpaste, deodorant, razors (most of this was due to my kids packing their own things and forgetting)...and thankfully those were all things we could purchase relatively cheaply.

I don't think we've ever forgotten anything super important.

My hubby did forget deodorant when we went to China. And apparently deodorant isn't a big thing in China so it took us a few days to find some. My hubby loves his deodarant...so we kept searching. LOL!

bestcee likes this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

My heart medication.... yep that one was a BIGGIE!

bestcee likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Nothing major forgotten on vacations that comes to mind, occasionally I might forget something that would be nice to have. Like the last time I was away, I knew towels were provided but thought oh I should pop a face cloth in just incase they don’t supply it (they didn’t) and I forgot. I just made do with the corner of the towel for a few days.

I have however put things in a “safe place” or a “spot where I’ll see them” when I’m packing to go home. I’ve lost cables for my phone power bank and a small book (two seperate trips) that way.

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have forgotten my fancy clothes for formal night and face cloths and sunscreen when going on cruises and little holidays. I tend to make do or buy if that's an option. I google lists and go through them numerous times. Usually when something is forgotten it's because one of the kids needed something and distracted me right at that moment. I prefer packing and having the house to myself. Doesn't always work that way though.

9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I forgot to bring underwear to a retreat one time! Seriously - I was wearing leggings and a tunic sweater and didn't wear panties with them, and forgot to pack them!!!! Luckily my Mom was on the weekend and she always double packs and she had some for me. I know -ew - but they were new at least. Just a little big.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

Wait, face cloths aren't a normal thing at hotels down under?!?
    All towels are provided here.
    The things I learn at the lilypad...

tam65 likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:compcoffee thanks for the chuckle!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I have forgotten a whole bag once several years back(the baby bag for DS - call it baby brain but I don't think I can claim that anymore & have accepted I'm just forgetful) & realised half way in to a 2 HR trip up to my mum's - we bought a fair amount of clothing & nappies at target instead of turning around that trip... but it taught me to mix up bags whenever we go anywhere so there's at least a change of clothes for each person in each bag, & that crossing stuff off lists while packing doesn't help if you leave or lose a whole bag!

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I suppose it depends where you go, I generally pack them for each kid in case they aren't b/c I know the cabins we visit every year or 2 don't have them

bestcee likes this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

On a trip where my MIL was going to keep our 3 yr old daughter for a week, I left her bag at home. I had to go to the store and buy a whole new wardrobe for her.

15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Last time I went on vacation I had my mouse and mouse pad set aside to pack in my laptop bag...but somehow they weren't in my bag when I arrived. ??? Is not having a mouse a big deal while on vacation at your parents' home? No, of course not. Except I can't scrap without a mouse lol. There wasn't actually a ton of time to scrap and my dad was nice enough to loan me his mouse (when he wasn't using it lol).

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I haven't forgotten to pack many things- only hair spray once when we flew to Tx. ( tells you how long ago that was!)
    I take a slew of Art supplies when I travel. If by car, I even take my lapdesk and water brushes to pass the time. Usually have a tote bag and my art bag with me.
    photo 1.jpg
    MY problem is that I forget to bring stuff back! I usually leave things behind- and then it has to be sent. And, lol, when I travel long distances, I take "washcloths" as they are called in the Midwest(where I grew up). It is so nice now that hairdryers and coffee makers are in hotel rooms. I don't use the coffee maker, but hubster does and I use the dryer! :D

bestcee likes this.
  17. bestcee

DH was bringing my little brother out to WDW with us. (I flew separately from MA, he was coming from UT). My mom packed the diaper bag. She didn't pack diapers or wipes. On a 5 hour flight. My brother of course decided to poop within the first hour and poor DH! Of course, when he landed, the airport had no diapers for sale, plus he was trying to catch the shuttle. Luggage traveled separately. I met him at the shuttle exit with diapers and wipes purchased. DH still razes my mom about that one!

bellbird likes this.
  18. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I have to admit, I really hate packing. I don't mind unpacking, but packing really stresses me out. I know it should be fun packing for a trip, but I fret about everything. There are usually things I don't pack that I didn't think I'd need until I needed them, lol. I'm mostly a culprit of over-packing! On our trip earlier this week, I left Tyler's sippy cup of milk in the fridge, so we ended up stopping and buying something - not really a big deal, but an extra stop.

19. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

On one of our camping trips our son left his shoes at home. He hadn't been feeling real good so had been laying around that day. When it came time to leave he just got up and walked out to the car and got in. No shoes on his feet. Got all the way up to the mountains and he gets out without his shoes on. Luckily I took my flip flops for wading in the creek and was able to let him wear them the whole time we were up there.

20. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I normally always forgot something so it is actually our tradition that we visit Walmart whereever we are on vacation. On our last trip (June) I forgot toothbrushes for hubby and me so off to Walmart we go.

The biggest thing is I forgot was to bring my camera home from one of our vacations. My son had caught his foot in the strap (first day of a beach vacation) and it fell breaking the lens area so I could not use it and I guess I totally forgot about it. We got about 4 hours away from the beach and realized we had forgot it. I called hotel and they had it and agreed to mail it to me so it was at the post office when we got home.

I don't stress over packing or forgetting anything because I know most of everything can be bought.