Hello, I'm new here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Jacky1505, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Jacky1505

Jacky1505 Member

Hello,

I'm new here and also relatively new to digital scrapbooking. I hope to find lots of inspiration and nice contacts.
    I have always kept "diaries" with some journaling and lots of pictures, magazine cut outs and drawings. I looked for some cliparts to print and read about digital scrapbooking and started to do some of my journaling on the computer with all my pictures and some clipart. later I found out about digital scrapbooking sites like the lilypad and started to try out some real scrapbooking pages and liked it very much.
    I have a 9 month old boy, a husband, two dogs and a horse...so I have a lot of pictures and memories to scrap ;-)
    I’d like to get in touch with other scrappers
    Jacky

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

welcome! you found the best site! i love it here!! welcome welcome!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Jacky,
    Welcome to the PAD! What software are you using to scrap? Let us know if we can help out. There is a Tutorial section here at the PAD: Learning Pad!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  4. Jacky1505

Jacky1505 Member

I use Photoshop CC
    I know the software from editing my photography. I had a second job as a human/animal-photographer for a while before having a child (now one job with reduced hours and all the animals are all I can manage with a child ;-) )

Lisa B, ashleywb, Dalis and 2 others like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome Jacky! We have lots of inspiration in our Gallery, fun chatter in our Chatty Pad, and creative challenges in our Challenge Pad. There are chats throughout the month and scraps where we are online scrapping at the same time. You can see the calendar here. Cheryl of Fiddle Dee Dee Designs does a live chat each month where she scraps and chats. That's on July 8th this month. We have scrappers who have met each other in person, and scrappers who have never met but are still great friends. The Lilypad is a great community! Welcome to our little home on the web!

If you need anything, or have questions, any one is happy to help out, including me! You can tag a friend by typing @ before their user name. I'm glad you found us. And hopefully I didn't overwhelm you!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Jacky, and welcome to the Lilypad!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Jacky!! We are so glad to have you here!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there Jacky! Glad to hear you have found your way to us, it makes such a difference to be able to talk about your hobby (and ask questions!) to like minded people!
    Feel free to pop any specific questions you may have in your status box on the side of the Forum main page but it sounds like you aren't so new to PS CC!
    Where are you from? I'm Down Under but Happy 4th if you're in the US :)

Jacky1505 likes this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome Jacky
    I hope you settle in and enjoy being here. Do not hesitate to ask for any help you may need.

Jacky1505 likes this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Jackie I see you have one page in your gallery and it is a winner. Welcome to the pad.

Jacky1505 likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Jacky1505 Welcome to The Lilypad!

As you can see, our members are super friendly and helpful, so you should be able to connect with fellow digi scrappers in no time!

As Courtney shared above, I do a live scrap/chat and the next one is Monday night if you want to come (she linked to details in her post above).

I love that you've already shared a layout in the gallery! Your baby is adorable!

Have fun and don't hesitate to post with any questions or general chatter. :)

Jacky1505 likes this.
  12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome, there are always people around the forums here, so give a shout if you need anything. And come to one of the chats, that way you get to meet people in real time.

Jacky1505 likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi Jacky! Welcome to the pad!! We are so glad to have you here with us!!! Can't wait to see your pages!!!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Hi Jacky - welcome to TLP. You will love it here.

Jacky1505 likes this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome, Jacky! You've found the best spot for digital scrapbooking!

Jacky1505 likes this.
  16. Jacky1505

Jacky1505 Member

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. :-)
    The live scrap with chat sounds fun but it would be rather early in my timezone (3am my time )
    I'd like to try to participate in the July Challenges.

@bellbird: I'm from Germany, so no 4th of July for me either ;-)

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

@Jacky1505 well guten tag/ guten abend/guten nacht is all i know but great to see you are making yourself at home here - look at you with the tagging and everything! :)

There are a few people here from Germany and several from Europe and some of the chats and scraps are at Euro-friendly times - in the Announcement Pad when upcoming chats and scraps are announced, a link to a timezone converter is usually added to make it easier to figure out what local time the event starts.

Jacky1505 likes this.
  18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I do record the session, so you can at least watch later if you'd like. :)

I have several Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! sessions already on my YouTube channel if you want to check those out.

This is my MAIN CHANNEL, if you need scrappy inspiration in video form.

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Jacky, seems like you have a leg ahead to most people since you know Photoshop. OMG, your baby is adorable! Keep uploading pages! And again WELCOME to the PAD!

20. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Hi Jacky and welcome to The Lilypad!