Monthly Muse June 2019 - Week 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jun 26, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

[​IMG]

JUNE MUSE - THE ART OF NUMBERS

Hi everyone, Ona here to bring you June's Muse Challenge! Hope everyone is doing well! :)

This month it's all about numbers, specifically our birth numbers! I want to celebrate that special moment when we all came into existence, so we are taking a creative and artistic look at the numbers associated with us throughout this month! :)

I have say that you have all created some very beautiful and creative layouts for this challenge this month and I sure there will be some amazing ones this week as well. I have had so much fun researching and putting these challenges together so I am very happy that you have all been enjoying them! :)

Week 4: YOUR PERSONAL NUMBER

To finish off the month, let's look at any personal numbers that are important to us. Is there a special number that you associate with, like a lucky number, or a numerology number if you are interested in that particular science? While the challenge is to scrap about that number, I want you to also express something personal about yourself. It doesn't have to be a life story, or anything secret or too personal, just something that you feel comfortable in sharing and scrapping about.

For instance, you may have a lucky number, tell me why it is lucky and scrap it in a way that symbolizes how you relate to that number.

Here are some layout ideas on what to scrap about if you get stuck:
    You can choose whatever type of page you want to do, the main two things that I want to see on your layout however is something about YOU tick plus a special number (or numbers) that is personally important to you. And of course it needs to be ARTFUL and creative. You may include journaling or photos if you wish.

Let your hair down and just be you!! :) Have fun!!!

Here is my page:
    Since I was a little girl and well before Game of Thrones came along, I had always had a penchant for castles, knights and magical wizards, and in later life anything Celtic. So for my layout I used some imagery of all of these things, along with my fave colours to create a layout about my Life Path Number in Numerology.

A4-AJ---NUMBER-9-800.jpg
    Credits: artCrush 8 Exposure Papers by NBK Design | Dragon Lace by Rebecca McMeen | Wanderlust - Magic Lights by NBK Designs | Photos: Stock/Pixabay

Challenge Rule: Use a number that is personal to yourself and incorporate it into a layout that expresses something about YOU.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to June 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

Thank you to everyone for joining me this month and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this week's challenge! :)

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@wombat146 This one looks like fun, a great way to end the month. But I think you forgot (or maybe didn't have time yet) to insert links???

3. wombat146

ooops!!!!! thanks Marilyn, will do that now! xx @mcurtt

mcurtt likes this.
  4. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I am not sure this counts, but my username is "redplaid3" and 3 is my fav number, so I did a simple page of red and 3. The picture is Paula Kesselring's but I often pull my hair back.

[​IMG]

wvsandy and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@redplaid3 Linda, I like your page! Great collage!
    @wombat146 - not trying to come off as contentious- you are doing a great job with the Muse this month! I just do not practice Numerology. HOWEVER: I do have a "number group/combo" that is significant to me, so I will use that! Again, if this disqualifies me for the drawing, I will just play along.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I decided to feature my favorite numbers - 10 and 9 -[​IMG]

8. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I did another one!
    [​IMG]

wvsandy, mcurtt and AJK like this.
  9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My birth name is Janis but I have gone by Jan for most of my life and the numerology (7) for Jan is more me than for Janis (8). The numbers theme for this month has been a lot of fun, thanks for presenting this.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  10. wombat146

@AJK You are not being contentious Amber, this week' challenge is a free-for-all, use whatever number you want, as long as it expresses something about you..... the number combo being a fave is something you could scrap about and why it is? :)

redplaid3 likes this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Done. The two zentanges are mine.

[​IMG]

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for these challenges. I had been wanting to do them all month, had started and got side tracked by life LOL, but this weekend was a long weekend here since Saturday was a public holiday here, so I have just been sitting with photoshop open, and enjoying my self
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I am the oldest of 8 so 8 is my number
    [​IMG]

15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Thanks for the great challenges this month!
    [​IMG]

16. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

thank you so much for the inspiration for the last week, Ona @wombat146
    I know I am too late but I did not want to let it go without the final page
    The photo is the view from our terrace on a winter day

[​IMG]

17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey! Everyone...I Know I'm A Bit Late Posting My Last Layout For This Month's Challenges...I've Been Sick For 3 Days Now(No Need To Go Into Details...)...So I Didn't Get To Finish The Layout Exactly When I Wanted To & I Did Struggle To Come Up With a Layout Design & Subject...But I Don't Leave Anything Unfinished..So I Finally Finished & I Am Here To Post My Final Week#4 Layout...

*The Number 13 Has Been My Lucky Number For As Long As I Can Remember...Ever Since I Met My Guy Of Which We Are Celebrating Our 25th Year Together On July 13th...So This Layout Was Somewhat Of A Tribute To Him Too...And I Wanted The Layout To Be Just Right...

*For My Our Lucky Number Layout-I Used:

*Bloom & Grow-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Snapshots-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Make Art & Journal 3-Artists Miscellany-Rachel Jefferies
    *She Wears Wings-Captivated Visions(AKA Rachel Jefferies(1)
    *All About Me-Collab-Oscraps(3)

[​IMG]

18. wombat146

Hi everyone! don't worry about being late, you have an extra couple of days, as it was a 'short week' as I started the weekly challenges on a Wednesday! Go ahead and get a page done if you haven't already! :)

19. wombat146

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that joined me for the June challenge! I had loads of fun getting it together and then seeing all of your fabulous layouts!!! just wow!!! xxxxxxxx