Share your photoshop set up?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kat, Jun 5, 2019.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'll have to get mine up here. It's so simple compared to everyone! :giggle

Mine is actually almost like Jan's - except my layers are on the bottom, and the styles are above with the Paragraph and other tabs.

I love the snapshot. Didn't know about notes... but I just write anything I need to remember as my Layer Title.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I probably go back a few steps at some point during the creation of at least half of my pages.

bestcee likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Dalis when you open the history tab, at the bottom there is the little camera icon, when you click it, it takes a snapshot of your layers at that point so you can go back to that specific point in editing at any time.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I use it in two main ways:
    1) I want to try something different or new and it'll take work to get back to where I was. Like, maybe I like the way the photos are arranged, but I want to try doing x instead. I can snapshot, and if I don't like the new option, it's one click to get back to the old option.
    2) If I'm doing a bunch of burn and dodge. Snapshot lets me get back without worrying about how many states my history is saving. I've also used it when I play with paint a bunch.

The option to the left actually creates the layout again in a new window. I've used that before when I'm doing a public/private version. I've also used snapshot for that purpose too. I'll snapshot and then go on and add the private details. Sometimes, I want to add certain things to the public one for balance or whatever, so I can easily go back to that point after saving the layout.

snapshot.PNG

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Here's mine.
    I like to be able to add shadows and styles easily, and obviously, I have way too many! So I keep that panel open.
    I scrap on a desktop with two screens. When I use the laptop, I collapse the style panel.

Screenshot 2019-06-06 10.14.50.png

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

[​IMG]

bestcee and bcgal00 like this.
  7. scrpprgirl

scrpprgirl New Member

I have PSE and I'm wondering if there is a way to have my styles listed instead of the thumbnails?

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

If you click on the little arrow and lines beside the top of your Styles panel and choose "Preset Manager" you can than choose large or small list. Sadly it only shows as a list in the Preset Manager. You do not have that option just in the Styles panel.

scrpprgirl likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Mine is like most of yours.

That snapshot thing - I'm totally trying that out!

Kat likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

If you access the hamburger (the 4 horizontal lines with an arrow at the top left of the tab group), then instead of choosing Preset Manager, you should have options right in the fly out menu that will let you choose small, medium, and large thumbnails. They will be at the second lined section of the fly out menu. Right under Preset Manager, you should see "Show Names." If you click there, you'll get the thumbnail and the name of the style. That's about as good as you're going to get.

But Anne-Marie is right, you don't have the list option that you're seeing for PSCC workspaces unless you use the Preset Manager. It is one extra step for you to go into the Preset Manager, but you'll be able to see the styles so much more easily.

scrpprgirl likes this.
  11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Interesting thread! I use history on every single page in some way or another. I also frequently use snapshot if I know I want to preserve something before I try something else out that will add a lot of steps to my history.

Left side has paragraph and character collapsed when I'm not using them and history/actions/styles are grouped together and active on the last palette I used (usually styles). On the right, I always have my layers open with collapsed paths and adjustment palettes. New windows are consolidated to tabs. I have never used notes, so I will definitely check that out!

[​IMG]

Kat likes this.
  12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

And that right there is why I need to try this out!

13. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I wanted to pop in and share what my updated set up looks like. I moved my styles and actions panel to the bottom right and have character/paragraph up top along with adjustments and properties. Then my layers panel is featured but I have quick access to notes and navigator. I have some extras on the far right but I don't use them much so I am adjusting as needed but so far this has been a huge help in making me more efficient. A little bit at least.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 4.13.45 PM.png

gonewiththewind, A-M and SeattleSheri like this.