June Monthly Muse - All About Numbers (Week 3)

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jun 19, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

[​IMG]

Hello again everyone and welcome to Week 3 of the June Monthly Muse Challenge! :)

This month it's all about numbers, specifically our birth numbers! I want to celebrate that special moment when we all came into existence so let's take a creative and artistic look at the numbers associated with us! :)

Week 3: THE YEAR
    Yes you guessed it, this week its all about that dreaded part of our birthday numbers, the year in which we were born. :) To add some more fun to the challenge this week, we are going to use the Chinese Horoscope to find out what 'animal' our birth year represents. As you know, the Chinese horoscope is based on the year in which you were born. So for this week's challenge I want you to scrap a page using your 'animal', the one that represents you in the Chinese horoscope. If you don't already know what animal you are, you can find out here: https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/dragon.htm

Once you find it and read about what your particular animal's traits are, you can then go ahead and scrap about it, using your 'animal' as the main focus of the page. Your animal should be the main focus of your page, not hidden away anywhere. :) You can include some journaling if you wish, or any other wordart or quote, but you also need to include your year of birth in numbers but you can make this small if you like, it's up to you. :)

I am a Dragon.......... hubby has ribbed me about that for years!!!! :)

This is my page. While it is a Chinese horoscope, my dragon has always been of Celtic origin which is why I used a photo of myself at Stonehenge when I was there is 2012 :) The traits of the Dragon for me are pretty spot on, do you agree with what your animal traits says about you?

12x12-ME---YEAR-OF-THE-DRAGON-800.jpg
    Credits: artCrush 8 Exposure Papers by NBK Design | Wildflowers Loopolalooza by NBK Design | Wanderlust - Magic Lights by NBK Design | Roadtrip - Magic Lights by NBK Design | I Solemnly Swear (dragon element) by Little Butterfly Wings and ETC. by Danyale | Painted Dreams (Paper) by Rebecca McMeen | Font: Title in Narnia BLL; journaling and quote in My Underwood | Quote from the internet.

Challenge Rule: Create a layout about the animal that represents your year of birth in the Chinese Horoscope, the animal should be the focus of your page. You need to include your year of birth IN NUMBERS but you can make that small if you like. :)

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to June 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

2. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I don't believe in the Chinese horoscope, but I wanted to play and found a cute pig and made a mask for him.

[​IMG]

AJK, Cherylndesigns and mcurtt like this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here's mine. While I always knew I was a snake, I didn't realize that there were further distinctions. I am technically a water snake, hence you see the snake on a background of water. My lucky colors are black, yellow & red. I desaturated and/or recolored some of the pieces to go with those colors. And I chose word art to verbalize the water snake's characteristics. You will also see a snake skin texture as well as a snakeskin label on the page. :-)

[​IMG]

wvsandy and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. wombat146

I am so happy that you played along Linda, whether you believe in it or not, it was a 'for fun' inspired challenge. Your layout is fabulous and I love your piggy!!!! :)

5. wombat146

@mcurtt Marilyn, wow!!!! Absolutely stunning!!! and yes, about the further distinctions, I am a Water Dragon. I even found a site yesterday that married my dragon traits with my Gemini ones and that was fun as well. I am interested in all types of horoscopes....... another fun one is the Celtic horoscope, two actually, where your birth is symbolised by either an animal of some type, or a tree. So many fascinating things out there! :)

mcurtt likes this.
  6. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Thank you so much for this brilliant idea, Ona @wombat146

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

wombat146 and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Here's one from last July that I made for my great-granddaughter
    [​IMG]
    We share the DOG. Here's mine
    [​IMG]

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I'm with Linda @redplaid3 ; I do not believe in any horoscope. If I did, I would be frustrated as they identify me as a scorpion and a rat! lol. I might try to see how to work up a page in some way, as this is my FAV:heartlub challenge here at TLP! :dancebun

wombat146 likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So, I found a way to try to meet this challenge, and with the exception of the rat being the focal point of the page- I did it. :byayI don't mind if that disqualifies me from the drawing, it was a fun page to do! :yesss This quote by Pastor Steven Furtick from a recent service we attended was poignant and so true. My identity comes not from others, but from my Maker; so I just can't identify with a rat,:no2 lol! A member of the Tribe of Judah- yes!
    [​IMG]

The year is on there- can you find it??!! @wombat146 - thanks for the heads up on the Narnia font!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  12. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

13. wombat146

WOW!! You guys sure have been busy and you have all come up with some very sensational and unique designs!!! Each and every layout has it's own individual style and artistry! You ladies sure do rock!!! :yourock

14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you Ona for this new challenge

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Apparently I am a snake. lol
    [​IMG]

16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

These are so much fun. Earth rat doesn't describe me totally accurately, but close enough. The colors blue and green are right on, but I like silver better than gold.
    [​IMG]

17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Well...I Have To Say That These Challenges Have Been Very Creative & Interesting...I Really Had To Go Outside The Box Creatively Speaking For Myself Personally...But So Far The Layouts I Created Seem To Have Been Well Received By All Of You & I Really Appreciate This & The Positive Feedback...

While I'm Not Really A Believer In Numerology Or Chinese Astrology...I Do See The Attraction...I Really Haven't Placed Too Much Belief In Numbers Really...But The Number 13 Is My Lucky Number...So That's Why I Included In This Layout & Doing My Research On My Earth Monkey Sign...It Is Said That 4 Is One Of My Lucky Numbers...So I Also Included This In My Layout...I Also Had A Bit Of Fun With A Little Tongue In Cheek "Monkey" Humor & The Monkey Photo Of Her Looking At Herself...And Since I Am A "Leo" The Lion...It Is Said We Are Known For Our Slight Traits Of "Vanity"...But I Prefer To Call It Self-Happiness...Because Even When We May Not Feel The Best Inside...It Is Always Good To Represent Ourselves In A Positive Way On The Outside...I Also Chose A Few Of My "Earth" Monkey Characteristics That I Felt Best Described My Personality & Also Included Them In My Finished Layout...

*Also-It Was Said...That You Had To Incorporate Your Birth Year In Numbers In Your Layout For This Challenge...I Can Tell You That There Is Not A Layout On This Planet Or Any Other Where I Will Include My Birth Year...So I Instead Went With "Roman Numerals"...So...Still A Type Of Numbers...Just Not One That You May Expect...That's How I Roll I Guess...Always Thinking Outside The Box...

*For My Year Of The Monkey Layout-I Used:

*Jungle Boogie & Monkey-Kristin Aagard
    *Wildflowers-NBK Design
    *Bloom & Grow-The Lilypad
    *Snapshots-Collab-The Lilypad
    *She Wears Wings-Captivated Visions(AKA Rachel Jefferies)(4)
    *All About Me-Collab-Oscraps(3)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I just read your comments and I'm :rofl:rollinon the "birth year" comment.

wombat146 likes this.
  19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I am really enjoying these
    [​IMG]

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Late but here:

[​IMG]