Movie Marathon | Pad Patter 6.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 17, 2019.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We've only done this with the twilight series & the hunger games. Perfect rainy day at the lake house activities!

bestcee likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yes, right before my 2nd child was born. They had just re-released the original 3 Star Wars movies (1997) to the movie theaters. Hubby was afraid I would miss them with a new baby. So Friday night we saw the first one, Saturday afternoon the second, and Saturday evening the third. About 10pm that night I went into labor and our son was born Sunday morning.

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you like it? I've heard it's good, but haven't watched yet. I loved Gilmore Girls.

busywoman139 likes this.
  4. bestcee

LOL! Did you name him Luke? Or Obi-Wan? :rollin

5. bestcee

Oh! During a rainy Canadian summer we did Die Hard in the trailer. :giggle

amien1 likes this.
  6. bestcee

I can give you my order if you want. I liked it because it really set up the story as a whole, and not just the pieces I'd watched over the years.

7. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I would love it!

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Not generally a movie marathon kind-of-person. Actually not a TV series marathon person either. Although we did watch Game of Thrones (1st 7 seasons) in a flurry. We started with season 1, episode 1 on April 25th, my brother had lent us season 1 on DVD, but we rented the rest of the seasons. We finished watching season 7 on May 22. We don't have cable, so no HBO. I've seen lots of spoilers for season 8, but we'll be watching that when it comes out on DVD. 67 episodes in less than a month. Hmmmm...

Oh wait! I do remember watching a bunch of Christmas romantic comedies around the holidays. DH was actually the one who turned on the TV and found them. We put up decorations while watching. :-)

Oh, and Fargo. I can't wait for season 4 to be filmed. :-)

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Yes....Fargo....us too...can't wait! I binge Hallmark Xmas romantic comedies every December too.

mcurtt likes this.
  10. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I'm loving it!! Still on season 1, watching about 2 episodes a night the last week.

bestcee likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I do movie marathons & TV marathons....lol!

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I totally binge watch things on Netflix or Amazon Prime all the time, but it's not usually movies.

I have binge watched some movie series with my siblings. Harry Potter was one and the other was Lord of the Rings. It was the extended version of the three movies, and we did it all in one day. It was the longest day of all time. We ate SO much that day. My brother was heading off to Basic and would be gone from us, so we just enjoyed being with each other. My dad actually went to the store TWICE to stock up on food. Seriously, I think my brother was eating everything he thought he wouldn't get to eat in the coming months.

Anyway, at the very end of that marathon, we were exhausted and so bloated, and we were laughing our heads off in between yelling at Frodo to "throw the D--N ring in the fire already!" It's still one of my most very favorite times I've been with my brother and sisters.

busywoman139 and bestcee like this.
  13. bestcee

• Iron Man
    • The Incredible Hulk (Optional. I watched it because I had the movie. But if you don't, just look up the end credit scene on youtube for this one and move on)
    • One Shot: The Consultant. (All One Shot's are on Youtube, or on the DVD as an extra)
    • Iron Man 2
    • One Shot: A funny thing happened on the way to Thor (one of my favorite little scenes!)
    • Thor
    • Captain America: The First Avenger
    • The Avengers
    • One Shot: Item 47
    • Iron Man 3
    • One Shot: All Hail the King
    • Thor: The Dark World
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • One Shot: Agent Carter
    • Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • Ant-Man
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • Spider-man: Homecoming
    • Black Panther
    • Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
    • Doctor Strange
    • Thor: Ragnarok
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • Captain Marvel (I can't decide if she really fits here. You could move her up, but she's never referenced until this point, so at the same time, she works here.)
    • Avengers: Endgame
    Phew!
    If you really have time to kill, you can add in some of the tv shows. I watched a few seasons of Agents of Shield and Agent Carter, but it doesn't add that much and kinda feels like a sidetrack in a way.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I did a lot of MCU movie and TV show watching before Endgame came out (I cannot remember anything I've seen, so I needed the refresher!). Otherwise not really that much. Sometimes we've hosted a movie watching day & open house the weekend after Christmas, simply because there isn't any time to watch Christmas movies before Christmas. We haven't done it for years, but we're hoping to start it up again this year.

15. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Is there a word for the opposite of binge watching? A word that means, "anytime we set a goal of watching an entire series it takes us 10x longer than we expected because we don't follow through"? Because that's more us. As a family we're trying to watch all the Harry Potter movies. I think we watched the first one about 2 years ago, and we're on 5 now! DH and I are watching the second season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It came out in December, and we probably started it not long afterward. I think we're on episode 6 or 7 now. The kids and I saw Captain Marvel today, and after the teaser at the end I started thinking I wanted to binge watch The Avengers so I could watch End Game. Then I came home, looked up how many there were, and realized it would never happen, LOL!

When we have a new baby in the family I usually crochet a baby blanket as a gift. That's the one time I can successfully binge watch a show or do a movie marathon. The 2 keys are that it's just me and that my hands are busy.

16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I haven’t done movies but like alot of other here I do tv.
    Just this week I did the whole first season of Discovery of Witches. Last night hubby was gone so I watched the first 4 episodes of Call the Midwife .

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Tony had bronchitis last year,so in those 10 days or so every day we had ,7 or 8 episodes of Devious house maids, and the biggest catch (about crab fishing) And after he got better we finished all seasons of house maids at a more moderate pace. But while my hubby likes binge watching I get really fed up with it after a while. Having said that, I have. Watched all seasons of call the midwife over the span of maybe 6months (and gone misty eyed at the end of every one ) and love things like project runway and other lifestyle competitions ,and will binge watch those if I get the chance. We never binge watch movies, not movie fans really.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  18. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

I'm with a lot of the other gals here... I've tried to do a movie marathon, but never finished. It was Harry Potter... of course I'd already read the books and seen the movies separately!

I do love a good Netflix binge... and my hubs and I are pros! Orange is the New Black, How to Get Away with Murder (my fave), Ozark, and Stranger Things just to name a few. :) #netflixandchill