Movie Marathon | Pad Patter 6.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 17, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have you ever done a movie marathon?
    I've seen a few people do one yearly with Star Wars on May 4th. I know a lot (including me!) who did an Avengers one before Endgame came out. And I've seen a lot of people doing X-Men, Star Trek, all of the epics. One year, DH and I watched all 3 Lord of the Ring extended version movies in a row. That was totally a marathon!
    My avengers one was slowly over a few months.

So, have you had a movie marathon? Would you like to?

LoveItScrapIt and keepscrappin like this.
  2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Nope and nope. I would totally fall asleep. I might be able to do it if I can be scrapping on my computer. I have a really hard time sitting for more than an hour.

We have watched a series of movie over a month or so...like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars...but it takes us forever!

bestcee likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yes and no lol. Usually we do some scary movie marathons around Halloween, but I'm always running around doing other stuff. I can't really sit through one movie very well, much less several of them :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I don't think I've ever done a movie marathon like that, but I have done show marathons. I like to watch Hulu via my Kindle Fire while I do laundry. It took about 2 months, but I watched all of The Real Housewives of New York available on there (10 seasons). IMO it is some of the best editing on TV and these women deserve Emmys. But I digress. OH! I watched Toy Storys 1 and 2 before 3 came out. Does that count as a marathon? :giggle Maybe the kids and I will watch all 3 before we see TS 4 this summer! You've inspired me, Courtney! (And my kids thank you for letting them watch 3 movies in a short time period rofl!)

5. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Like @Tree City, I do show marathons. I did that with Downton Abbey, Gilmore Girls, The Reign, and just started The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (same creator as Gilmore Girls - totally different premise and much edgier :) )
    If I were to do a movie marathon - I need to see Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games. However, I want to read all of those series before watching them! So, it'll be a while :)

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I grew up doing movie marathons for New Year's Eve. Indiana Jones is a fun one.

keepscrappin and wvsandy like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We binge watch TV shows but not so much movies. We love to binge watch series that we've missed for whatever reason and love to catch up on several seasons. That's how we got hooked on Downton Abbey too. For some reason we had just never watched it. We watched many seasons of Suits that we never watched and now we're current - sadly, for us, it has lost the magic. Magic City was another one we watched evening after evening until we finished all of the seasons.

On the movie note, we have certain movies that we'll watch over and over and we sit and recite the words with the actors. "As Good As It Gets" with Jack Nicholson is one of our go-to's, so is "Pretty Woman" and "Dirty Dancing".

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Yes, I do this all the time - LOTR, Harry Potter, Agatha Christie movies. I have three favorite baseball movies that I like to watch as a "tripleheader" - Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, and The Natural. Every year we go to our local theater chain where they do all the Best Picture nominees over 2 Saturdays just before the Academy Awards.

9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Yes, we've watched Harry Potter before each of the later movies. Of course, I also reread the series before each new book. lol We've watched LOTR in order. We recently saw fireworks set to the theme music of all of the Star Wars so now I want to watch all of them in order again. I am lost about the Avengers movies so that would be a good one for us to watch from the beginning. For us it is one a night for as long as it takes. And yes, we've marathoned Indiana Jones.

Heidi Nicole likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We do movie series rather than marathons. We'll watch a set of movies over a couple of weeks, like re-watching all of the Harry Potter movies or something, but never all in one day. I do that when binge watching a show while scrapping or crocheting if I'm by myself, but it's almost impossible to nail down all four of us in our family at the same time.

We've been watching all of the Avengers movies together since about mid April. I'd only seen a handful of them and usually my oldest and my hubby are the ones who want to go to the theater to watch a movie and then my youngest and I just watch at home on DVD much later. :giggle This time the youngest wanted to go to the theater, so we actually all went together for the first time in YEARS! So since we bought tickets ahead of time the boys told me I needed to at least watch Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War before I watched Endgame or I'd be totally lost. I'm glad I did watch those two at least, but even then I kept having to ask my kids who some of the character were. Lol. We are about halfway through the movies now and are watching them in chronological order. I think Antman is our next one.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

On the rare occasion that I was sick growing up & had to stay home from school (and could do so by myself so like upper middle school & beyond), I would spend the day watching the two Anne of Green Gables movies (on tape!). That was a solid 6ish hour of movie. :)

LadyPatsFan and keepscrappin like this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm more of a show marathoner. Specifically seasons of Amazing Race or Survivor. I also did a series rewatch of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine a couple years ago. Have some of the other Star Trek series on my Prime watchlist. I just never take the time to actually sit and watch. With TAR and Survivor I am usually watching specific seasons because of some cast members being on an upcoming season... Have a bunch of Survivor to watch in the next 6 months since the season filming now (airing Feb-May 2020) is the winners of those seasons. Yep, Survivor is doing an All Winners Season.

Years ago before streaming was a thing, I would watch a bunch of James Bond movies on New Year's Day. Some of the cable stations would do that for those people that didn't want to watch football all day. And, I'm talking in the days when all the major bowl games were on New Year's Day and one of them decided the National Championship.

13. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I did a Lord of the rings marathon at home and I survived! LOL!! but I'm more on the binge watching series...I did this with a lot of series, like Game of thrones, Breakin bad, Gilmore girls...

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We mostly binge TV series, right now we are binging Stranger Things. We binged Star Trek and Hunger Games last year. This year I want to binge the Avenger movies and Xmen (only saw the first one). We still haven't watched Orange Is The New Black and that is on my list to binge hopefully over the summer.

Heidi Nicole and SeattleSheri like this.
  15. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

OMG! We do this all the time!!! Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Avengers, HP, X-men, really whatever has a sequel. Sometimes we do it on a weekend off. Sometimes we work on it over a week or several weeks. Sometimes we also watch old movies and their remakes. We are very big movie buffs.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

YES, yes, yes! I binge watch tv series all the time and we've done movie marathons too! My son and one of my girls and I have marathon watched all the Harry Potter movies multiple times. As a family, we've done Stars Wars and Avengers, Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, Toy Story and probably more that I just can't think of right now. I'm a tv/movie junkie and can watch a whole season of a show in one day. I put it on and scrap, clean the house, do laundry, file stuff, etc while I'm watching. I've even downloaded episodes to my ipad and watched them while waiting at soccer practices.

17. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I can only make it through 1 movie at a time....I would like to do the Avengers since my husband wants to see the latest one....I just have to figure out what order to watch them in.

I do like some TV series, Call the Midwife, Stranger Things and Breaking Bad (my husband looks like Walter White)

bestcee likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've marathon-watched the Harry Potter movies several times. The books and movies were very popular in my house between 2007 and around 2012 when my kids were young.

My family also did a marathon of Lord of The Rings several years ago. It was the only time I'd seen them, and I enjoyed them. Haven't watched them again though.

I can't think of another movie marathon I've had, but I've binged a lot of t.v. series because I've had no broadcast t.v. since 2005, so the way I watch is via Netflix, Google Play, etc. Supernatural, How To Get Away With Murder, Stranger Things, Handmaid's Tale, Call The Midwife, and the newest Anne of Green Gables series are some of the ones I've enjoyed (or was fascinated by. I can't say Handmaid's Tale is enjoyable!)

bestcee likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I forgot about Breaking Bad. I just remember saying "This is so wrong on every level" - all the while laughing my you - know-what off". :lol:lol:lol

bestcee likes this.
  20. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

We have not done a movie marathon but we have done TV series binges. The most notable was when we binged for a weekend watching The Walking Dead season 1 and Luke Cage season 1.

bestcee likes this.