He's 'happily' placed in a rehab...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Thank you for the update. You must have so much going on and so much to think over right now; I know I'm not the only one who appreciates your updates. This whole ordeal is tough--for him and for you. (Being a caregiver is NOT easy!) I'll send up good thoughts that he can get off that patch and he stays pain-free. And I'll send up prayers that everything gets figured out before he's discharged and it's an easy transition, for you both, to having him back home.

I told Gen what's going on and she wants me to make sure I pass on her thoughts too. Hugs from all of us!

2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Dear sweet lady. It sounds like you are doing so well given your huge test. I know several others besides me at TLP are praying for you both. May His grace be abundant as you move ahead, one step at a time. {{{{hugs}}}}

AJK likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Appreciate the updates, sending you guys much love.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's so hard, Maureen! Hugs and sending more hugs! I completely understand the positives that are happening, Woo hooo! Every little step forward is a victory. Pushing too much will bring you down to the point where you are not able to take care of yourself, advocate for Dick or keep on top of what needs to be done. Make sure you take time for you as well.

5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Oh stay strong. You have been a rock through all of this. You do need to take a bit of time for yourself, to gather your thoughts and just rest. Funny. I find myself thinking of you both at random times. Even though I've never met you and you live on the other side of the world ha! So rest assured you are in my (positive) thoughts. Thank you for these updates too :beat

6. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Oh Maureen...really hoping that you can get some rest...but don't know how! I'll pray for you and your husband. Thanks for the update.

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This is such wonderful news! I am so happy that he's improving. I'm continuing to pray. :)

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

What a sweetie! Give her a big smooch from me. :bk

Taking a day away from visiting the rehab is how I'm staying sane. There are still things to deal with but I can stop and have total silence in the house when I want. That IS a blessing!
    Tomorrow is a day off and tonight my French neighbor is giving me a 'diversion' with dinner at her house. Good things do pop up for me incl a great movie last night on Amazon Prime...Life Itself. It did take me two nights to watch but that's fine with me. A message I needed! xoxoxo

Tree City and bcgal00 like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This warms my heart, Maureen. You must have some wonderful friends. You must feel so blessed. I need to look up that movie. God bless you - as a caregiver - you need to take time for yourself. Sending lots of cyber hugs and lots of love to you and Dick. :heartslub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

What a great update to read & so glad you're able to keep a sense of humor about things!

11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Thinking of you, Maureen, and hoping things are going well. Glad you've been able to squeeze in a few diversions for yourself. (((hugs)))

12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thinking of you and your DH.

I hope your dinner and a movie was "just the ticket".

13. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

This is wonderful news Maureen!

14. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

You're such an inspiration to me Maureen. Dick is lucky to have you partly because of how you care for him and partly because of how you care for yourself. Being a caregiver is incredibly difficult. I'm so glad that you're able to try and keep a balance. Thank you for generously sharing your story with us.