Monthly Muse June 2019 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jun 12, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

[​IMG]

Welcome back everyone to the June Monthly Muse Challenge! :)

This month it's all about numbers, specifically our birth numbers! I want to celebrate that special moment when we all came into existence so let's take a creative and artistic look at the numbers associated with us! :)

Week 2: THE MONTH
    So this week it's about the month in which we were born. I want you to design a layout associated with the month of your birth, using the month number as your focus.

This is open to interpretation, so you could associate the month with the season in which your birthday month falls in ie winter, summer etc; or perhaps your month falls in with a celebratory time of the year, ie Christmas, Mother's Day etc.

Put simply create a layout that celebrates the month of your birth in some way that is special to you and most importantly you need to add the number of your month to the layout so that it STANDS OUT in some way. (So no hiding it way back in the background somewhere! :)) You can blend it, use Alpha or a font, wordart etc, you can journal if you want to, you can use a photo/s if you like and you can also include the month's name ie Jan, Feb etc. Just make sure that the number can be seen easily and stands out on your page.

If you like you can still use the Pinterest board from last week to give you some inspiration ........ https://www.pinterest.com.au/onaboo/fave-letter-arttypography-graphic-designs/

My birthday month is June, the 6th month. Down in Australia, it is the first month of Winter for us so I always associate my birthday with cold weather, wearing jumpers and sitting around a fire. I used to hate Winter when I was younger but as I have gotten old I love the cold weather so I created a winter themed layout.

Here is my page:
    I used 3 photos, blended together to create the background then overlayed it with two papers, changing the blend modes on both. Then I added the birds, the wordart tag and some journaling.

12X12-ARTHUR-RIVER---BREATHE-THE-WILD-AIR-800.jpg

Credits: Mixed Media Monthly Aug 2017 (Paper and Wordart tag): Outdoor / Wilderness / Explore by Dawn Inskip, Little Butterfly Wings, Lynne-Marie and Paula Kesselring | Take My Hand Collection (Paper) by The Committed Crafter | Reflections at the Lake (birds) by The Committed Crafter | Fonts: Georgia for the number, Burst My Bubble for the journaling | Photos: Three of my own blended together.

Challenge Rule: Create a layout that celebrates the month of your birth in some way that is special to you, make sure to add the number of your month to the layout so that it stands out in some way.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to June 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

3. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I had fun making this!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

6. wombat146

Yay!! ladies! amazing layouts so far!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I created the baseball player and the soccer player (Frederico Higuain of the Columbus Screw SC) from pieces of the listed kits. FUN. "My" month is April, when baseball (which I used to LOVE) and soccer (my new passion) basically begin their seasons in this country.
    [​IMG]

8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I haven't made up my mind which one I like the best so I am posting both. lol
    [​IMG]
    With a different background paper
    [​IMG]

wombat146 and mcurtt like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I did a play on all of the numbers in this Under The Sea kit, by LBW. There wasn't an 11 in the bunch, so I added the 11 inside of the scribbles.

[​IMG]

wvsandy and wombat146 like this.
  10. wombat146

I like them both Sandy but I LOVE the top one!! the colours are more intense, just beautiful! :)

wvsandy likes this.
  11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Just Wanted To Say "Thank You!" For All The Positive Feedback & Comments On My Week #1 Monthly Muse Layout...I Really Appreciated All The Love!...Thanks For The Grace...Perhaps The Number 11 Wasn't Big Enough...But For This Challenge I Made Sure My Number "8" Was Huge!!!...My Birthday Is In August On Obviously The 11th...I Wasn't Sure Exactly What I Was Gonna Go With A Lot Of My Stash Still In Limbo...I Really Needed Some Specific Kits To Complete The Layout That I Had In Mind...But There Are Always Other Ways To Go...So Instead I Went With NBK's New Wildflowers & My Recent Purchase Of The "After The Rain"-Lilypad-Collab Plus A Few Extra Pieces From Non-Lilypad Designers...

Ultimately I Decided To Showcase A Few Things Associated With August...Firstly...My Love Of Poppies!...My Favorite Flower Hands Down & I Love Having The Opportunity To Showcase Poppies any Chance I Get....I Used One Poppy From The Wildflowers Collection...Along With A Photo I Had...Plus & Extracted One From Another Pic That I Had...Plus Another Red Flower Pic I Had...Not Sure Exactly What Kind Of Flower That One Is...But The Extraction Looked Really Good...So I Went With It...I Have Also Chosen To Showcase My Love Of Flowers In General...I Can't Get Enough Of Those Other Bright,Beautiful,Sweet Blooms!...I Also Love All Things Spring/Summer...Like The Green Grass,Blue Skies,Sunshine,Umbrellas,Ladybugs & Birds...All Of Which Are Showcased Here In This Layout...I Couldn't Find The Right Butterfly That Looked Good Or I Would Have Included One Too!...Lastly...I Decided To Do A List Type Thing To Tie Everything In Together & Fill Up The Last few Spaces By Mentioning That I Am The "Leo" Astrological Sign For August...The Word August...& The Name Of My Favorite Flowers...Poppies...Just For A Quick Mention...I Used 6 Different Papers Blended Together To Create My Perfectly Colored Background...

*For My August:Number 8 Layout-I Used:

*Wildflowers-NBK Design
    *After The Rain-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Bricolage March 2019 Sampler-Jen Maddocks(1)
    *Botanical-Dawn Inskip(1)
    *Floral Notes-Eena's Creations(1)
    *All About Me-Collab-Oscraps(1)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    wombat146 likes this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I decided to "play" with the number a bit- see if you can find it. Shouldn't be too difficult, lol!
    Not really art journal styled this time as I usually use bright colors and that just didn't flow well with this page. Still a good challenge!
    [​IMG]

13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Lucky lucky you!!! Mom and I love sunflowers!

mcurtt likes this.
  14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Ona

[​IMG]

15. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

16. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

17. wombat146

:circles:cheer all the new additions are just so striking!!!! gorgeous work girls!!!!! :beat:beat

18. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I'm a December baby... I love December because it's the beginning of the winter solstice. (I wish it wasn't so busy!) It's a time of hunkering down, baking, seeking warmth and firelight. It's a reflective time... looking inward and planning for the year to come. :-)

December-8x8-web.jpg

19. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's my take of this week :

[​IMG]

20. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

thank you so much Ona for another great challenge @wombat146
    [​IMG]