Stressed Out|Pad Patter 5.27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 27, 2019.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm on the struggle bus lately, and I've found that I have been sleeping quite a bit to handle the stress and depression.

I also turn to music . . . I love 40's/big band as well as just nature sounds. I can tell you I absolutely DON'T like that Twenty-One Pilots song because that little phrase "My name is Blurryface . . . " I don't know why, it just gets on my last nerve. **shrug** To each his own and if that song makes him happy, let him listen to it repeatedly - I'm glad you don't mind it!

2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Eat. Not sleep. Become a hermit. Listen to boyband music. :giggle

I haven't relaxed in 10 years, thanks. :imok

3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

If the thing causing the stress is something I can do something about, I try to force myself to face it and get it over with ASAP. My natural tendency is to avoid and procrastinate, but I'm learning that things usually aren't as bad as I think, and taking action helps tremendously. If it's not something I can work through, then I take walks outside or distract myself with super cheesy tv sitcoms or games on my phone. I wish I would clean when stressed; my house could use it!

While not my favorite song, I do like it, although that phrase has always seemed a little odd to me too. I Googled it the other day, and the gist of it was that Blurryface is a character the band created to represent insecurity, which makes sense in the context of the song. Apparently he shows up in other songs in various forms as well.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Oh My Goodness THIS IS ME!!!

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Im in the cleaning usually while listening to loud, fast music boat - problem is Ive come to realise i tend to get most stressed when other household members disrupt my clean state of calm (ie. They come home & leave everything on the floor or dump the contents of their pockets/bags all over the kitchen bench or table etc) & who has the energy to clean everything twice?! Shower, books & bed are then my fall back plan but when that doesn't work I end up in front ofthe pantry looking for anything the kids haven't already eaten!

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I listen to good old-fashioned hymns. They calm me down like nothing can. Well, except chocolate. Nothing works as well as chocolate does!

7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

hand sewing, small paper crafting projects, or scrapbooking

8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

@bestcee i don’t even know what that song is, lol.

I have been very stressed lately and all I do is sleep. My weekends off I sleep in and then take a nap.

I used to scrap but now I just want to sleep

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

10. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

When I'm stressed I like to have a glass of wine . . . Of course, I'm stressed often!!! LOL!

I had never heard that song. Thanks for sharing and posting it for us! My favorite line is "My name is Blurryface and I care what you think". I'm not crazy about rap music (I guess it's rap?), but this one is not bad! I would listen to it just for that one line!!!

bestcee likes this.
  11. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

I have watched the video for that song a couple times, now, and I'm getting addicted to it!!! My name is Blurryface, and I care what you think! :yup @bestcee - What have you done to me???!!! o_O

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:backing

I'm glad you are enjoying it! The tune is catchy. :agree